Cover Image: Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: Baby's First Book of Extraordinary Women

Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: Baby's First Book of Extraordinary Women

I love the Rebel Girls series of books! Truly do. And this book is no different. With snippets of introductions for each of the featured women accompanied by vibrant, detailed, and beautiful portraits, this book is sure to capture interests of tots and parents alike. Perfect to spark off the imaginations of little ones, and set them on a journey of inspiration.

Featuring known extraordinary women like Malala and Jane Goodall, as well as others who deserve more recognition – like Yusra Mardini (a new Netflix movie about the sisters coming soon) and the Cholita Climbers, this book leaves readers with the message to be ‘uniquely you!’

Perfect for home libraries everywhere.

Disclaimer: I received a digital ARC for this book from NetGalley, and these are my honest opinions.
This book is a really good introduction to the lives of many women, who were able to accomplish so much. I understand that it's supposed to be quick, but I would have appreciated more of a story about each one of the women, because this didn't feel as entertaining as it could have been, considering it's intended for babies/a very young audience.
Such an amazing book! Isn't it crazy how we barely know any of the women mentioned in this book? That's why you should teach your children about these great women and how they changed history! Not to mention that the illustrations are so cute. Every little girl should read this!
Good night stories for baby girls who want to grow up to do something awesome and for little boys to see that boys and girls are little rebels and can change the world I'd they really want to. Short descriptions for babies and toddlers. Great read would recommend for 1 to 4 year old
A really cute book introducing strong women to very young kids. Full of bright colours and shapes to keep tots engaged with a short profile of each “rebel girl” to accompany the beautiful illustrations.
Alright, this one is absolutely adorable and you should definitely purchase it for a baby in your life. Definitely worthy of being a ‘first’ for books about extraordinary women. And you could be the fun person that gifts them a new Rebel Girls book each year on their birthday!
Very cute book. Appreciate NG letting me review it. Just like the rebel girls book, but broken down into simpler stories. This works well for my 5 year old with autism. It’s easier for him to follow along.
an inspirational collection about women who break the society stigma throughout the world from time to time. accompanied with cute illustrations that will instantly snatch your attention.
I received this ARC in exchange for my honest review.

This is a great shortened story with many wonderful women. I learned about a few while reading it. The different illustration styles were interesting. This is going into my rotation.
Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls is 100% a book I want my nieces and cousins to read! Some of these women are people I never heard of, and I think their stories should be taught to everyone, not just girls! I loved the graphics in this book and the short, simple, yet often poetic, descriptions of powerful, intelligent, important, and rebellious women throughout history, and I think all children could learn from these women, especially young girls looking to make an impact on the world.
I absolutely love this kind of book! Each story inspired me, gave me strength and courage to face difficulties. I was able to see women who made a difference in the world and showed me that with effort I too can be a great woman.
The Rebel Girls books are some of my favorites, and this baby version is super cute! I love that they have a lot of women I've heard of, but also they include ones that even I need to brush up on and learn about.
I thought that this book was brilliant!

The book has some of the best illustrations I have seen in a book for children and they bring the pages to life.  The book is easy to follow and understand and it is laid out really well which I think is a huge help with this kid of books as for me, grabbing their interest and keeping it can be a losing battle

I liked the layout for the book and the mini fact sections were brilliant, I read the book with my daughter and just as I had hoped it sparked her interest and she was asking me more about these incredible women

It is 5 stars from me for this one – very highly recommended!
Rebel Girls has a whole series of books that feature all kinds of inspiring women and are targeted towards all kinds of women. This one "Baby's First Book of Extraordinary Women" is for yes, babies. It should be a 10-minute read aloud endeavour. The book covers quite a nice diversity of women and professions. And it was quite enjoyable, even though adults might find discrepancies in what information was presented. Some women's achievements were listed in quite specific terms, while some were rather vague. I don't think the baby would care, though. The baby would care that the read-aloud experience is may not as lyrical or rhythmic as it could have been. Great illustrations, as always. I read a digital version on my laptop, but I'm sure the board book version will be nice.

Thanks to NetGalley, the publisher - Rebel Girls, and the authors for the digital ARC of this book. #NetGalley #RebelBaby
This book is more inclusive of all eras of "extraordinary women." I loved seeing Simone Biles in this as well as a few others I have yet to hear of.

I would not recommend this for a young reader, definitely a book more suited for a middle-elementary aged reader or something used as an anthology of stories in a classroom/library display.
Finally the Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls are simplified for younger kids. The Pictures are in bold colours and show perfectly what each woman was known for. I can and will say it again and again, that i adore the Rebel Girls Series!
Thank you so much for the free ARC!
Rebel Girls Series

I absolutely ADORE this series. The artwork is gorgeous! The inspiration to be a REBEL girl & make the world a better place by dreaming big and showing examples of “girls” who took that dream & acted on it!

Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: Baby's First Book of Extraordinary Women
by Rebel Girls

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I am so excited The Rebel Girl Series added a board book to their catalog! Baby’s First Book of Extraordinary Women does not waste any space either, as it features over 20 amazing, talented, and kind Rebel Girls! Scientists, Artists, and Explorers are featured in the perfect bedtime story for introducing young kids to amazing people who made the world a better place!

#RebelBaby #RebelGirls #RebelForChange #netgalley #arc #review #bookstagram #bookstagrammer #Books #seattlekatiereads
“This board book adaptation of the New York Times bestselling Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls introduces your little reader to the lives of extraordinary Rebel women, past and present, from around the world.”

Another adorable offering from Rebel Girls.

This board book would be perfect for those parents absolutely DONE with Pat the Bunny and The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

It’s got some of the same fantastic illustrations of some of the same fantastic women as other Rebel Girl books, but told with babies in mind.

“Margaret Hamilton used her computer skills to send astronauts to the moon.”
“Misty Copeland spun, stretched, and soared across the stage.”
“Helen Keller learned to sign and speak – and speak up for others.”

It’s never too early to introduce your babies to Extraordinary Women.

8/10

Thanks to NetGalley and Rebel Girls for this ARC.
Good night stories for rebel girls:  What a beautiful little book. Featuring so many great women who changed the course of history. Clear text and beautiful illustrations. This book would be a firm favourite in households as children will listen to this bed time story and then as they learn to read they grow up remembering these great women.
Amazon review pending approval.

Review:
God, I am so thankful to have a daughter in a time where she can be surrounded by the stories of wonderful women. And so thankful that these stories are readily available in gorgeous literature like this.

A precious addition to my child's library so that she may feel like she can also do anything she wants.