Cover Image: Her True Worth

Her True Worth

A solid 4.5 star book! "Her True Worth" would be a great present for a young lady starting college this fall. It is definitely written for the high school/ college crowd, and it speaks a lot to finding your identity and who you are in Christ rather than who the world says you are. The authors have done a great job of telling their story while tying in lots of scripture to emphasize their points. While I found the book a little young for me, I think this book would have been really helpful in my later years of high school and early college when I was trying to figure out who I was outside of my parents' household. Having a book that sounds like a couple of girlfriends just chatting with me and reminding me of who I truly am, and where my true worth is found, would have been a marvelous boon. Definitely check this book out when it releases!
In Her Truth, Brittany and Cassandra share their struggles with self-image and how they were able to acknowledge that they are a reflection of God's image (Imago Dei). They recognise that this is not an easy task in a world saturated with trends, comparisons and constant pursuit for perfection exacerbated by social media.

Personally, as an older Christian, I did not learn anything new but I did like the Freedom Framework which can help readers identify negative self-talk and reframe those ideas with God's word.  Otherwise,  I would recommend this book as a good starting point for a teenager or young adult struggling with confidence and self-perception.
"Her True Worth: Breaking Free from a Culture of Selfies, Side Hustles, and People Pleasing to Embrace Your True Identity in Christ" was co-written by Brittany Maher and Cassandra Speer. This is a Bible study book for women and written by women. The main premise of this book is that our worth can only be found in our relationship with Christ. It is only in this relationship that we can find our confidence. Readers are warned about becoming distracted by looking for our worth in the wrong places.

Each chapter is a quick read and includes some thought-provoking questions for the reader. Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC. All opinions are my own.
Her True Worth is filled with truth from the scripture and that is where our hope lies.
Identify the lies
Understand how God defines them
Embrace what the scriptures say
Find the security in Christ alone.
It was well worth reading!
It was... fine? If you're a woman who is new to the Christian faith, this could be a good read! For me, I connected most with their personal stories and was pretty bored by the rest, skimming near the end, as it was nothing new.
Her True Worth is an excellent book detailing who we truly are in Christ and how to apply it to our lives.