Cover Image: Book Club Kit: The Rumor Game by Dhonielle Clayton and Sona Charaipotra

Book Club Kit: The Rumor Game by Dhonielle Clayton and Sona Charaipotra

This book club kit is incredible! I love all of the extras it includes (even bookmarks!) This is a wonderful resource for any educator wanting to do a book club for The Rumor Game. It really takes all of the guess work out of finding resources for the novel.
This Book Club Kit is a valuable resource for parents and teens who might read the book.
The information is presented in a factual, heartfelt manner as it explores many current issues that teens face today including bullying, cyberbullying, sexual abuse, assault, body image, underage drinking and racism.

The authors' group interview also delves into the inspiration for the book and touches upon experiences in their lives as well as the pressures that today's teens experience.  I'm sure that few parents today have experienced the pressures that their children face daily, and may not recognize the need to help their child deal with them.

I thought that the sections on creating open communication and the guide to resources for the families and teens were a valuable part of the Book Club Kit as they showed that once the problem/s was identified, there are resources to help cope with it/them.
Lovely book club kit, I am so glad I took out the time to go through this. You won't regret it either!
These printable book club kits really enhance and inspire any bookclub discussions.

It contains interesting questions , discussion topics and printable bookmarks, and recommendations for your next read! So useful .Thank you.
This is such a fun, engaging book club kit! I love reading interviews with authors, and hearing about what inspired them to write their novel. The included discussion questions are perfect for encouraging deeper exploration of the book's characters and themes, and I loved how Netgalley began including this in request. Will definitely use in the near future with my very own book club.
This book club kit is very useful and allows for deeper discussion. The book has real life situations and discussion of them can help teens navigate sticky situations in the future.
This book club kit is well done.  I really enjoyed this book club kit because it had some great conversational questions that are extremely relevant in our world today.  Having both an adult and teen section makes the book club kit much more versatile.

I found the discussion questions to be thoughtful and probing.  The opening discussion interviews enables the book group/reader a better understanding of how the authors developed their story and characters.  I would have liked the author background to be closer to the interview because it would have helped me with some context as well.  However it is there just located further back.

The follow up books and resource materials are a great supplement to the kit.  Often as a book group we search for follow up books and it’s helpful to have some suggestions.  The resource sites are helpful depending how the discussions develop.

Thank you the the publisher and NetGalley for the opportunity to review this material.
This is a printable book club kit that can be an extremely valuable resource. Thank you to the publisher for giving me a copy through NetGalley.

It contains author interviews, questions, printable bookmarks, and recommendations for your next read! It also has specific questions for adult and YA age groups.
Many thanks to NetGalley, We Are Bookish and Dhonielle Clayton for an ARC in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are 100% my own and independent of receiving an advance copy.

The Rumor Game is written by the tag team authors Dhonielle Clayton and Sons Charaipotra. They have teamed up before on the Tiny Pretty Things series soon to become a Netflix series. This story is about girls at a fancy private school and how rumors, which catch like wildfire, affect the lives of three teens. The Book Club Kit is a companion to those who are reading the book.

This kit includes many of the things we now expect to see in these NetGalley book club kits. It has the author interview, which because we have two authors, it is more like a chat, discussion questions, bookmark,  general information about the authors and what to read next. Because the book deals with bullying there are resources and a special section on creating open communication for encourage those who are being bullied to speak up and confide in someone they trust.

What I really like about this kit is that, yes, it is made for book clubs, but it accommodates for both teens and adults. There are specific discussion questions aimed at both groups and the guideline for open communication is also geared for either teens or adults. There is a long list of content warnings for this story including bullying, cyberbullying, sexual assault, body image, fat phobia, and self harm. Also beware - this kit contains spoilers so don’t read through until you’ve read the book!

All in all another successful book kit by NetGalley. Whether you are reading this in your book club or use this book kit for yourself, it will enhance your reading experience.
The Rumor Game is a great YA book. I was hoping the book club kit would be a great addition to using The Rumor Game with my teen book club, but I really wish the kit had more discussion questions included.
Very helpful, everyone loved it! It contained lots of wonderful resources, and was a big hit amongst the group.
The guide is very well done, and full of things I did not expect to see -- for example, the advice to adults and teens about open communication, and the author chat. As a high school librarian, I'd look to this guide for a book discussion group, so those two features may not be something I'd use, strictly speaking, but they do add a lot of helpful background knowledge which enriches the reader's experience, I think. So, I like having them included, and I see the value, but I don't think I'd have a chance to share them with a group, unless there was an unusual amount of interest. The discussion questions are outstanding. The read alike suggestions are helpful too -- I am glad they were included, although I tend to avoid read alike lists from publishers because they are made up of books that are only from that publisher. But it is still good to get some ideas. Every book should have a guide like this, great job.
Great for book club and is pretty useful in starting a book club especially for deeper discussions regarding books!
This, combined with the publisher provided teaching guide, will really allow for this book to make an impact.
I'm going to be using this kit with my teen book club- It looks super helpful. Not sure how else I can review the pdf teachers guide
This kit was very helpful in creating deeper and more thoughtful discussions. I highly recommend using when available.
I downloaded this kit to garner some ideas for my own book club. I thought it was great! It's extremely thorough. I absolutely loved the design; it's quite clever how they made the author's interview look like text messages to tie in with the book. I also really loved how it recommended similar books to read next. The section about open communication and mental health resources is a great resource for parents and teens alike. Very impressed overall with this kit!
This book club kit was so helpful in deepening our discussions in our latest book club night. Thank you NetGalley for the review kit.
This book was so good! I want to see more from this author in the future!! I couldn't put this book down. What a page turner!!!
This kit is awesome! It has been so helpful for our book club. We love to read and we love to talk,  but sometimes it’s hard for someone to talk about what they read. The questions give great starting points that usually lead to more discussion. It’s also nice to get special information about the book from the author. It makes everything feel a little bit more special. I will say, hands down, my favorite part is the food and drink recipes. Such a great addition that everyone loves! This is great for existing book clubs, but also a great starting point to start something new! I voluntarily reviewed this after receiving a free copy.