Cover Image: Love Your Amazing Self

Love Your Amazing Self

Thanks to NetGalley and its author for providing me with an advanced c0py
------
an amazing script about how to love yourself, many ways to tell you how to do it.

When i read this book, i already had this feeling about how to appreciate more about me and how to love me. However, i learnt more about this feelings.

4.0
This book was really sweet, and I appreciate that the message instills in young children the need to affirm oneself as a form of self love. I appreciate its focus on celebrating differences and unique traits, and will be recommending it to others in my MFA program and to others looking for positive storytelling for our youngest readers. The illustrations and cover were delightful and fit the tone of the story wonderfully.
I Read a Similar Book But this one Knocks the Other Out of the Ballpark & The Art in this Book is Outstanding!
(Thanks to Net Galley for this Book).
This is a cute book.  I would not read it all at once to a class, but I would pick certain words to read about to help students understand certain messages.
This is a beautifully illustrated work with an amazing positive message. My daughter and I really enjoyed reading through this together and I hope she was able to absorb the content. The colors pop and it is very appealing to kids.
I received an electronic ARC from Storey Publishing through NetGalley.
This is one for readers to read and process at their own pace. It can be read straight through or one poem at a time as they need. Jones-Quartey captures the emotions involved for children and those a bit older than children in her poetry. The informative text included between sections challenges readers to think about their feelings and explore their own identities. I love the brightly colored artwork that helps set the mood for the book.
Title: Love Your Amazing Self
Joyful Verses for Young Voices
Written by: Ofosu Jones-Quartey
 Pub Date: 22 Nov 2022
Publisher: Storey Publishing, Storey Publishing, LLC
Genre: Nonfiction | Health, Mind & Body | Religion & Spirituality

This short book is an inspirational work based on how to live life with positive self esteem. It encourages the reader to embrace their differences, emotions, to physically move more, to do what they can to get what/where they want but to except what can't be changed.

Love Your Amazing Self was a great read for many reasons. It managed to mix Poetry, prose and art in a way that maximized positive mental health practices.

Though I enjoyed the book I did find the section on death a little triggering. I agreed with the teaching it was given in the section but I think it was a bit of an unexpected topic.

Would reread many times, I would recommend if for children and adults alike.
Fun and upbeat! This brings rhythmic speech and upbeat messages for young adults and could apply to adults as well. The illustrations are fun 70’s psychedelic retro with modern touches.
I could see myself tying this into our Mind Body curriculum for college students even. Thanks NetGalley for the ARC for my honest review.
"Love Your Amazing Self" written by Ofosu Jones-Quartey and illustrated by Ndubisi Okoye is a beautiful and powerful book that needs to be read by and gifted to every single child. Seriously, this is a book that everyone needs.

Empowering verse is combined with joyous illustrations to create a wonderfully uplifting anthem of self-love, self-acceptance, and self-care.

The additional information at the end of each section is helpful for putting the messages into practice.

Whilst aimed at children, I honestly think adults could benefit from reading this book too.

Thank you to NetGalley, the publisher, and the author for giving me a free digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This book is about loving and taking care of yourself and learning to do so from childhood.  While still a picture book (if a bit long) it is divided into sections (or chapters) each focusing on a different aspect of loving yourself.  It includes sections like Gratitude the Attitude, Be true to Yourself, Acceptance is Beautiful, and Resilience.  Each section has a sing song rhyming patter that works quite well at getting the point across and many parts have additional information or activities for practice.  Plus, the 70’s psychedelic illustrations match perfect to the words.  While an older style, it feels fresh, new, and amazing.
Colorful wordy fun. Wether your looking for a self love boost for kids
Or for yourself this is the book. The art is incredible and the way the novel is written is quite different than what you usually see.
I just reviewed Love Your Amazing Self by Ofosu Jones-Quartey. #LoveYourAmazingSelf #NetGalley. Thank you for sending me a copy for review.

This book contains tips on how to love yourself for who you are. The inspirational illustrations motivate me to move on no matter how challenging life is. It helps me reflect, be present, and be kind to myself. I  recommend it to anyone who wants tips on embracing yourself and understanding people's differences. A great book to have if you are looking for self-help books.
Wow!  This is one of the best children's books I have read this year.  I really loved it a lot, and I highly recommend it.  It is so amazing and wonderful.

The book is full of bright, colourful graphics and easy to read text, and each page has helpful information and affirmations, on how you can love yourself more, believe in yourself more, accept yourself more, and how you can train your mind to be more mindful of your surroundings, as well as how you can be more aware of your inner feelings.  It would be helpful for children with anxiety, to calm them, as it gives techniques on how to feel more grounded in your body and how to be more calm.

I loved everything about this book, and even adults would love and enjoy it - not just children.  This is a book for everyone, and every school and household should have a copy of it!  It is fantastic and I am sure it will be a best seller!  It would make a perfect gift for someone you love.

Many thanks to the author, publisher, illustrator and NetGalley for a copy of this book.
The message in this book is for everyone but I'm really looking forward to sharing with my kids
 I need to hear a lot of too! Beautiful artwork too!!
Thank you for the ARC @netgalley.

Fun, bubbly, bold with a serious message.
This book really makes you think about yourself and life choices.

It's time to think of the love you have for yourselves first this will be on my TRB list.
Bright, bold, bubbly and wonderful.
This book is an absolute joy to read and whilst also being a ray of sunshine there are some really serious messages and great pearls of wisdom.
I’d love this is a calendar. Everything about it made me smile - the message - the words - the rhymes - the graphics - the colours

This book is truly wonderful and really has a huge impact
This book has such an important message. Building healthy self-confidence and self-esteem within kids will help them better navigate the way they see themselves and others. I really enjoyed how this book had a message and smaller tasks to complete. Usually, when I’m looking at kids books, I’m looking at them through an educators lense. I LOVE the initial message and could picture using it at morning meeting as a warm- up, as well as using the tasks and other poems throughout the day as a class to build confidence in my students. The only fault I can find with this book is that it isn’t very child-accessible. I think students and all children would love to be read books like this and that those who can should defiantly read it; however, I wish there were more parts that could be read independently.

Thank you Net Galley and Storey Publishing for allowing me to read this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Love Your Amazing Self is a series of affirmations of self-love and helpful tips and tricks to help boost a kid's self-esteem and care about themselves in a validating way. The overall themes are acceptance and celebration of connected uniqueness.

The illustrations are beautiful, maybe a bit too energized for a self-care book, but definitely eye-catching and colourfully vibrant in a way that would make this perfect to use as a resource when working with a group.

Thank you NetGalley and Storey Publishing for the ARC opportunity.
This was a beautifully written book with breathtaking illustrations and great activities! I cannot wait to purchase a copy for my shelf!
Oh how I wished I had this book growing up. Actually would still have a place in my home library.
The poetry combined with mindfulness is just a treat for the soul. The bright joyful images are like icing on cake. Such beautiful reminders that you are important and it's okay to take time to check in with yourself. Just a fabulous book filled with tips and encouragement that being you is better then good enough.