Cover Image: Rebel Girls Awesome Entrepreneurs

Rebel Girls Awesome Entrepreneurs

It felt like reading what adults want kids to read rather than what kids actually want to read. There was so much space devoted to how cool and interesting each woman is and how the reader should be insprired by them. While certainly these are impressive women, each story was very light on the biographical details - which is what I wanted to read, both now and when I was a kid. I wanted to know more about the schools they attended (or were denied the opportunity to), their varying business ideas and inventions, how many products they sold and the concrete ways in which their work has changed the world. "They worked really hard and eventually they were successful!" just isn't very interesting. I love the premise of these books and really applaud the team for highlighting the accomploshmnets of women, but I think they need to work with more actual children to ensure these stories are engaging for their target audience.
Thanks to Netgalley and Rebel Girls for the ARC of this!

Another excellent addition to the Rebel Girls line, my kids enjoyed learning about these entrepreneurs. I loved the art and diversity of included people. Recommend if you want more non-fiction for your kids, diverse rep, and overall feel good vibes.
'Rebel Girls Awesome Entrepreneurs' is a great book to introduce children and adults alike in informing about brilliant women entrepreneurs from various fields of work. The book introduces each person with concise and clear details without being biographical. If you want short snippets of successful business women - this is a must read.

P.S. I would have liked more women included from different countries other than the USA.

Thank you NetGalley and Rebel Girls for sharing the e-copy in exchange for an honest review.
Rebel Girls Awesome Entrepreneurs is another installment by Rebel Girls for the Rebel Girls series.  Rebel Girls Awesome Entrepreneurs profiles 25 female entrepreneurs from all over the world and gives you tips in the back of the book.   Rebel Girls Awesome Entrepreneurs would be awesome for all girls to read.  Thank you to NetGalley and the Publisher for the opportunity to read this book.  My review is also on Goodreads.
Super cute book and a great way to learn history without getting too much information at once. 10/10 reccomend!
I love the Rebel Girls series, and always recommend the books in this series for purchase. Such an inspirational, educational, and important series for young girls and boys to read!
Title: Rebel Girls Awesome Entrepreneurs
Written by: Rebel Girls
Pub Date: 9 May 2022
Publisher: Rebel Girls
Genre: Business, Leadership, Finance | Children's Nonfiction | Middle Grade

Like most of the Rebel Girls books I found this one to be written in a clear and understandable way. There was not a lot of jargon and even at this the writers had added a short glossary to the back of the book.

I am not sure what it says about me that I didn't know most of the women in this book. Of course I knew Rihanna, and had heard of Madam C.J. Walker.

The only "problem" I had as such was that the majority of the women in the book seem to have a connection with the U.S. for me there was not enough women from other countries.

I also like how there was space for the reader to come up with their own business. Children would probably love that.

It did however do a good job of diversity in age, race and businesses.
Ah! As ALWAYS, Rebel Girls bringing many brilliant women to my attention. I’m not business oriented at all but what I learnt from this book (asides from insights into all the women’s brilliant minds) is that with the right passion to solve a problem, anyone can build a business idea. And more importantly, there are people out there who will believe in the vision of that business, once they spot your passion and determination.
Ps: I also got to learn about brands like Cheeky panda and Stitch Fix from reading this book.
I love the stories and how empowering they are for young girls just figuring out who they are. I think these books can show children all over that they can do whatever they decide to do.
Short, bite-sized history about all the amazing Entrepreneurs who just happen to be women. It will make a great gift for my niece this holiday season.
Short, bite-sized history about all the amazing women Entrepreneurs that has marked their way. A great gift for this holiday season.

Thank you #NetGalley and Rebel Girls for giving me the opportunity to read this!
Rebel Girls Awesome Entrepreneurs is similar in style to summer of the previous books, with a story about an inspiring woman on one page and an artist's rendering of the person on the next. The entrepreneurs and artists vary greatly in age and industry! There are women and companies I've heard of as well as some new to me. I especially like the "build your business" section at the end for young readers to try.

Rebel Hirls Awesome Entrepreneurs is one of the latest installments in this inspiring series and didn't disappoint. I actually found this one to be even more than I'd hoped for from the cover and blurb alone. Not only does it spotlight incredible inspiring female entrepreneurs who have started and managed their own companies but it also showcases females who work for large corporate companies and how they go above and beyond for the business they help run or work for.
I love how these books showcase all ethnicities in diversity and feel books like this are so important in the world of today for children and YA to have access too. They show the potentials we can be and achieve in life through hard work and effort and encourage people to go after their dreams. The artwork as always is beautiful and I can't wait to see what comes next in this series.
A great edition to the series. This allows children to see what businesses women have run throughout history - which is lovely to see that it isn’t influence and internet/reality celebrity type entrepreneurs.

There’s a range of nationalities and backgrounds like all other books which is always nice to see.

A perfect present!
I love reading this series with my class. This edition is great, it shows girls that they have so many options and can even own a business. Reading this in the library at Storytime encourages all children to dream big.
This is a nice collection of women that are entrepreneurs and investors. It showcases examples that are very recent and some that were way back in history. I think there was a nice balance of showing successful women still alive and those in the past. It should definitely inspire youth in your life to dream of creating something and making a business.
Absolutely excellent! My daughter loves these books and enjoys every single one that comes out. She looks forward to more coming out
I was interested in this for my own personal curiosity as I had heard of the series, but wanted to learn more info about it and I thought this would be a good introduction after watching the Madam CJ Walker drama.

I was absolutely delighted to see her given a page and I loved the QR code to hear more. I do wish other entrepreneurs had a Learn More option, too, but overall I loved this presentation of short stories.
Thank you NetGalley and Rebel Girls! The Rebel Girls series has been a favorite in our house for so long. Zoe my 1st grader and I read 1-3 bios a night and we loved this one just like the rest. This one just took some time to get through. Keep them coming!
I thought that this was a fabulous book!!

I love the books that the Rebel Girls release and this was another fantastic release from them.

I loved that the women chosen in this book were not all well-known and there was a huge mix of backgrounds for them, there was also a great mix of diversity so there really will be a role model for every young girl who has a passion in this area.

The book is empowering and shows that there are so many possibilities and opportunities too – life and your career path is there for you to choose and it really can be what you make it

It is five stars from me for this one – very highly recommended and such a powerful and positive book!