Cover Image: Walking in My Joy

Walking in My Joy

Walking in My Joy from the QUEEN Jenifer Lewis is exactly what is needed. Told with her trademark honestly and hilarious voice, it's stories full of her life--from her connection with her cousin Ronnie “part cousin, part sibling, part soulmate” to moving a super fan turned personal assistant turned RuPaul's Drag Race superstar into her house. HI SHANGELA!

One of the biggest takeaways from this book is Lewis's activism which she has never been quiet about. From her support for LGBTQIA+ rights to Black Lives Matter to anti-Trump to climate change, Lewis has never been afraid to make her stance on these issues known. A clip of Lewis receiving her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame recently went a bit viral and for good reason! Wearing a vivid yellow suit, Lewis spoke openly about her mental health and asking for help. She took iconic photos with her signature high kick.

Jenifer Lewis is an American treasure and this book is just a tiny portion of what makes her so.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for the opportunity to read and review.
Brilliant and hilarious, this memoir can only be heard in Jenifer Lewis's distinctive voice, even if you read the print version.  I cannot wait for this to come out so I can buy it immediately and reread it.  Loved every word!