Cover Image: Via Carota

Via Carota

This culinary journey through the seasons features many types of food throughout each season. While the cookbook is categorized as Italian, you won't find what Americans think of as Italian staples in this book. Fettucine alfredo and penne alla vodka are not within this tome.

Many of the recipes are focused on vegetables and what is in season. Every type of food is featured, from drinks to desserts and vegetables to meat mains.

Recommended for fans of the Greenwich Village restaurant and Italian-loving foodies looking to expand their repertoire.
This fantastic cookbook is full of delicious Italian recipes! Readers will definitely want to visit Via Carota after reading this book.
Simple, seasonal and delicious. Easy recipes with fantastic flavors. I’m so excited to try so many this summer!
What sweet torture to read through this cookbook, particularly while hungry! Wonderful recipes from a terrific restaurant. I don’t usually look through a whole cookbook when reviewing it for NetGalley, but I looked at every page of this one, noting  many recipes to try and hoping to eat there again someday. Though it isn’t strictly a vegetarian cookbook, the authors highlight fruit and veggies and call their offerings veggie-forward. As a vegetarian, I found plenty of intriguing recipes here. I particularly liked how the recipes were arranged, by season and by major ingredients.
Very hard to follow, not for a regular home chef in my opinion. Seems focused more on imparting wisdom and less on recipes people can make and I just do not enjoy the set up.