Cover Image: A Colorful Scheme

A Colorful Scheme

A whole-lotta-stuff going on!  Is any wedding disguised as a party for 500 people any different?

Celebrities Jacquie and Maxwell are marrying for the second time (much has happened between marriages).  But what they didn't plan for was the choices their invitees would make for their "plus one."  So people they definitely did not want there, arrived as guests.

The morning of the wedding, the bride is missing, the wedding planner is hysterical, the groom goes to the police, and everyone hopes Florrie can find the bride before guests arriving for the party realize there's going to be a wedding--they hope!

It's not until after the beautiful, picturesque wedding, that someone is found in the pool.

I enjoyed this book, and didn't have any trouble following the multiple storylines.  But two things bothered me significantly:  1)  Florrie got conflicting evidence about someone several times, but only considered the good.  2)  The detective told people Florrie was the killer (not just a suspect), but she never complained about it to her "cop" boyfriend.

4/5  Stars

Thanks to Kensington Books and NetGalley for the free preview of the ebook pdf; the review is voluntary.

#PenandInkBook4
#CozyMystery  #MysteryThrillers  #AmateurSleuthMysteries  #CozyCraftandHobbyMysteries
#Bookstore  #CarriageHouse  #CatPeaches  #AdultColoringBooks
A fantastic and unique series with coloring book art and a bookstore. Such a fun concept, A well written mystery that keeps you guessing and characters to love. Highly recommend.
This is the fourth book in this wonderful cozy series. Bookstore manager and coloring book creater, Florrie Fox, attends the wedding of her wealthy boss and his author wife.  The wedding is held at her bosses beautiful mansion.  There is  tension among the wedding guests and an uninvited guest is escorted out.  The next morning a body of one of the guests is discovered drowned in the pool.  Florrie's boss asks her to investigate as he fears his new wife will be a suspect.  Another murder follows and  Florrie becomes the prime suspect and has to keep investigating in order to clear her own name.  This was a very good book with lots of twists and turns and red herrings.  I love the cover.  Thank you for the advance copy Netgalley!
A well  crafted cozy mystery that has great characters and interesting storyline. Would recommend.

Thank you to Krista Davis, NetGalley and Kensington for the arc of this book.
I received this ARC in exchange for my honest review.

I love a good mystery! I enjoyed reading this and unraveling all the clues. The characters were fun and colorful! The cover is great too.
First of all how cool is the cover! I love adult coloring books. Florrie Fox, the manager of Color Me Read Bookstore, attending her boss’s wedding to a well-known romance novelist. All was well until a guest turned up dead. Florrie jumps into action.  Enjoyed overall mystery.
#AColorfulScheme #NetGalley
This ARC was provided to me via Kindle,  Kensington Books  and  by #NetGalley. Opinions expressed are completely my own.

Another delightful cozy mystery in the color it yourself series. Florrie Fox is at it again and doesn’t disappoint fans!
How exciting to have a cozy mystery where you can color the front and back cover!!

A Colorful Scheme is about Florrie Fox, DC bookstore owner and coloring book creator attending the wedding of her wealthy boss and a famous romance author. Then Arthur Bedlingham's assistant, an aspiring writer, is murdered during the festivities.

The storyline is a great read and the well-crafted characters make this one of my favorite cozy mysteries.
When authors and artists gather crime is creative. A colorful cast of characters leads Florrie on an interesting chase to find a murderer when she becomes the number one suspect.

Someone is following Florrie. Is it because she is getting too close to the truth or because she has secrets of her own to hide?
This mystery is a true puzzler and will keep you guessing until the very end.
There is so much I want to say about A Colorful Scheme by the very talented Krista Davis.
Florrie Fox is the manager of Color Me Read, a bookstore that sounds incredible.
The owner is Professor John Maxwell, who is wealthy and enjoys the finer things in life.
As the story opens John and his ex-wife are getting remarried after the tragic disappearance of the only daughter.
Florrie and hervsister Veronica are excited about the wedding and everything seems to be going as planned.
Unfortunately, things take a tragic turn of events, and a guest winds up dead, and other guests have some secrets that they need to keep quiet.
The mystery itself was riveting and very well played out, but my favorite part is the introduction of Jezebel Fish! Oh my, she is the best character I have seen in a while, and her determination and spunk really made the book exceptional.
I'm looking forward to reading more in this fantastic series.
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for selecting me to read an advanced copy of this book.
#AColorfulScheme #NetGalley
Book store manager and coloring book artist Florrie Fox lives in the carriage house of her boss and millionaire Maxwell. It’s his wedding day,  getting married again to author Jacqueline. The morning after the celebration a body is found in their pool. An enjoyable cozy series that I like better with each installment.