Cover Image: Bibbidi Bobbidi Academy #1 & #2

Bibbidi Bobbidi Academy #1 & #2

Two fairy godmothers in training, magic, friendship, and mishaps. This was an absolutely adorable and charming story! The first book follows Rory, a fairy godmother in training who isn’t really good with spells as she begins school and learns that problem solving can be the best method to fixing problems. The second book follows Mai, a fairy godmother in training who’s motto is “more is better” yet when an assignment requires her to do less it becomes a mess. Both of these stories were super cute, the artwork as absolutely adorable and this is just the perfect magical read for young readers!

*Thank you Netgalley and Disney Publishing Worldwide, Disney Press for sending me an arc in exchange for an honest review*
For the intended audience these are cute books. I would place them around K-3 interest level and grade 2-3 reading level. Since it's a short book with excellent illustrations, it will serve the Hi-Lo community into 4th/5th grades if there is still an interest in princesses. I particularly like this series because of the moral lessons.

Book 1 introduces us to Rory who is going to Biddidi Bobbidi Academy to train to be a fairy godmother. She goes in at a disadvantage because she's not good at spelling. There's a double meaning, both in how to spell a word and how to cast a spell. In the end, her messed-up wand spells don't matter, because she is able to discern that  a boy really just wants, a friend, which as we know, requires no magic.

Book 2 focuses on Rory's roommate, Mai. Mai always wants to go over-the-top with her spells. When the godparents-in-training are given an assignment for a Cinderella-type ball, Mai bombs it. She and her partner are supposed to make the coach, but Mai keeps embellishing to the point that she turns her partner into a unicorn. She then goes through a serious of common cancellation spells to no avail, until she utilizes the one that comes from the heart.
This is a gorgeously illustrated chapter book - great for 1st grade to 5th grade readers. I absolutely adored the artwork.

Once upon a time, there was Bibbidi Bobbidi Academy, a place aspiring fairy godmothers and the occasional fairy godfather go to train.

In part one, Rory Spellington is apprehensive about her first day. She has her heart set to be a fairy godmother, but her spelling isn't up to par. She mixes up her letters and words and things get out of hand. Like when she wanted to make her suitcase have wings to make it easier to get to the academy, she casts the spell and it starts singing. But not to worry, spelling is important, but so are other things: friendship, happiness, listening, empathy, Read on to find out if Rory passes the star test and gets to stay in the academy... or does she get sent back due to her spelling errors.

In part two, the perfect word to describe Mai is more. More bows. More glitter. More magic. But when tasked to make royal transportation for an upcoming ball, her idea of more gets complicated. Can Mai transform Tatia back from being a magical unicorn?

What I love about this series are the lessons they teach. It's so wholesome and wonderful. Highly recommend for anyone with littles. Like I stated before - the art is delightful.
Perfect for Disney fans who want to introduce their littles to the world of fairy godmothers, the Bibbidi Bobbidi Academy series is a must-read. From fairy godmother candidates who struggle with simple spells to those who have to make every spell extra, this is a beautiful step into the magical world of Disney for young readers. From fun and fanciful illustrations to storylines that promote friendship and diversity. This is a series worth putting on your children's shelves for years.
It is so nice to have engaging beginning chapter books for kids. This is a fun series that I can see becoming very popular. Excited to get it on our shelf.
Thank you NetGalley and Disney Books for gifting me an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

These books were absolutely adorable, and I loved every second of them! The illustrations were gorgeous, the stories were really cute, and they both have great messages. Overall, it’s a really fun take on fairy godmothers from fairytales.

The first book centers around Rory and her inability to properly cast magic spells. At first she really doubts herself, but then she’s given an assignment that she’s able to complete without even using spells. Rory teaches kids that you may not be good at something right away, but practicing will make you better, and maybe there’s a different way to do something that works better for you.

The second book centers around Mai and her motto “more” and how everything could use more, more, more. She gets into a bit of trouble because she needs more of everything, but eventually figures out that it’s not always a good thing. Mai teaches kids that more is not always better, and sometimes less is more.
While my copy was formatted strange, I still was able to see how adorable this story is! I loved meeting Rory and following her as she joined the Bibbidi Bobbidi Academy for the first time.
These are the cutest books! Rory is so sweet and endearing as a character, and I loved the story focusing on how to become a fairy godmother. A cool twist on a familiar theme. And the illustrations were beautiful!
I adored this book! The illustrations are so whimsical and fun! I loved Rory and how she wants so much to do magic well like the others.
I am excited to share this series with my daughter and other kids at the library.

Thanks NetGalley for this ARC!
This book is actually two early chapter books bundled together. The first is about Rory Spellington, a young fairy, who is great at spelling (words) but struggles with spelling (casting spells). Over the course of the story she discovers her own unique talents and learns that she is very special! The second book is about Mai Magicwhisp who is also learning to cast spells. She really wants her own magic wand, so when she starts casting lots of spells at the same time to get things done faster, she ends up causing some problems!

Both stories are short, beginner chapter books with fairly large, accessible text and full colour illustrations. The words are fairly easy to decode and the story is easy to follow. I can definitely see young disney fans getting into this series. I always love when early chapter books come in a series because as a grade 3 teacher, sometimes getting the right books into the hands of the right kids is a huge part of my job and once a reluctant or struggling reader finds the right series for them, it is great to have more than one book to offer them another similar book. I would recommend this book to parents and teachers of children in the age 6-10 range who are ready to transition from picture books to chapterbooks. Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for giving me the opportunity to read and review these books!
Kallie George has so many great books and this is definitely one that doesn’t disappoint. Both stories were engaging and provided a valuable lesson. The illustrations are just gorgeous with so many great details. If you’re a Disney fan, this is a great book to add to your library. I can’t wait for more to be added to the series!
Can I attend the Bibbidi Bobbidi Academy?! Because it certainly sounds magical!

Rory and the Magical Mix-ups is a great introduction to the young fairy godmothers- and fairy godfathers-in-training. Rory is different from the rest of the classmates, having lived in the human world with her fairy parents. As she starts her new adventures at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Academy, she worries and struggles with her magic spelling. Will Rory succeed? Will she make new friends? What does it truly take to be a fairy godmother? There are many great and magical lessons that young readers can learn alongside Rory, Mai, and Tatia in this beautifully illustrated book!

Mai and the Tricky Transformation is about Mai, Rory's best friend. Her motto is: MORE! Mai and Tatia are partners for a big assignment and they run into some trouble with Mai's motto of "more". Does everything always need "more"? Will Mai learn when enough's enough? The friendship between Mai and Tatia grows and blossoms in this story and it's lovely to see!

These two books were a fun, quick read and I will definitely purchase physical copies for my classroom library. I'll also recommend them to my young readers to read at home!

Thank you NetGalley and Disney Publishing for the advanced copy! All opinions are my own.