Cover Image: Resistance: My Story of Activism

Resistance: My Story of Activism

This is part of a series of books,that offer a perspective based on the title from the life of an individual sharing an inside view of their world.  Informative and thought provoking, especially when thinking through one’s own intersections, bias ,and self awareness.
What an incredible memoir of a very incredible activist. I really enjoyed this book from the “I, Witness” series and look forward to reading more!

I didn’t know much about Frantzy Luzincourt prior to reading and I loved learning about his story. Focusing on his journey from adolescence to adulthood, “Resistance: My Story of Activism” highlights the struggles and triumphs of being Black in the United States. Luzincourts story is an important one and I was truly captivated learning about his experiences with racial profiling as a young boy to being awarded for his activism with the Strategy for Black Lives coalition.

While this book is marketed for young adult readers, as a 25 year old, I can attest to the fact that it is still engaging and not remedial for the older crowd. This book takes an incredibly challenging topic and makes it easily understandable. I think this is a great read to help young people see themselves in books and hopefully spark a lifelong journey with activism and advocacy.