Cover Image: Like the Wind

Like the Wind

Quick easy read with a Christian romance that warms the heart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was never one for a lot of drama and angst in my books. I love to read to get away from it all, so dragging all of that stuff into my story is counter-productive for me.

Hatcher is known for her beautiful homey Christian romances that are filled with grace and love. Are the families perfect? Oh, far from it, but the story is about how the characters overcome with understanding and peace. I enjoy the slower pace and less anxious feelings that her stories radiate.

Like the Wind offers a different twist on the theme, with the mother being the one who was hurt and punished by her ex-husband. A woman of strength and courage, Olivia is a fabulous character. Tyler is a beautiful balance for her and their growing feelings are encouraging allowing her to blossom and grow as she develops her relationships.

This story is full of rich heartfelt feelings that just allow you to shut out the world for a while and be calm. A wonderful book that is a delight to read.
I have read several dual time storyline books recently and have really grown to love the two-stories-in-one style. And of course Robin Lee Hatcher is such a talented storyteller, all her books are a shoe-in for my reading list.

Times are hard, emotions are deep, but the main characters (Tyler and Olivia) and readers are rewarded with a sweet, wholesome romance. I especially enjoyed the historical narration through diary entries.

Thank you NetGalley for a complimentary copy.
#LiketheWind #NetGalley

Olivia Ward comes to Bethlehem Springs, Idaho, with very little to her name. Newly  divorced, her ex husband  took everything, leaving  her with nothing.  He even got custody of their  daughter, Emma. When Olivia hears of her exs death, she brings  her daughter  back to Idaho to live. Emma is used to a living  at a boarding school and doesn't want to live in a small  town. Olivia  tries  her best to ease Emma into her new life.  There is another story  within a story. Told through journal entries from  1931, written during the Great Depression., in the voice of Millie, a young wife  and mother, who shares her story of hard times and how she gets through  them. This book was a good one, I read it in less than 24 hours.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book via NetGalley and publisher, Thomas Nelson.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Rating:  4/5 Stars
Publishing: November 29, 2022
Series:  Stand Alone
Pages: 336

This is a first time read by Robin Lee Hatcher, new author to this reader.  Rarely read dual timeline stories, however “Like the Wind” was a refreshing and emotional story with developed characters that are unforgettable.

Olivia Ward’s life took a terrible turn when she divorced her husband and because of wealth, he took custody of their daughter Emma.  Their bond is estranged until her ex-husband is tragically killed and she regains physical custody and tries to cope with the newness of their relationship. There is wariness and the pain Olivia feels is surreal. Tyler Murphy is hired to investigate Olivia but in turn falls romantically in love with her.  Both characters are very likeable individuals that leave you captivated.

The story is told through a diary of a young married woman living during the Great Depression.  It is the dual timelines that tells the stories about the real-life struggles and issues and learning to have hope when it seems there is none. Not having read anything by this author, it is evident that the author’s religious beliefs and faith are prevalent throughout the book. A well-written story that is emotionally driven on faith, courage, hope and love.  Really enjoyable and highly recommend the read.
4 out of 5 stars.  If you ask me, I'll tell you to read it.

This is the second book I've read by this author set in this small town in Idaho.  While the two stories are similar, they're definitely stand-alone stories.

This is the story of the relationship between a mother and a daughter coming back together after years apart.
I enjoyed the dual timeline. This story deal with quite a few emotions. . I always enjoy the writing by this author. Looking forward to the next one. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the advanced copy.
There are so many things I like about reading a Robin Lee Hatcher  novel. She always gives us well crafted characters that you will not soon forget. She has a special way of crafted life lessons throughout her story. I believe both Tyler Murphy and Olivia Ward are two of my favorites. Olivia is such a strong women who has been beaten down by life more than once, but she keeps getting up. Tyler is the type of guy you pray your daughter will meet and marry. I found him to be the perfect book boyfriend.
I loved the idea of finding a historical diary, but I found I often was lost in reading when the diary just appears with no introduction or explanation. Even so, I really enjoyed Like The Wind.
I want to thank Thomas Nelson along with NetGalley for allowing me to read and review this book. The opinions in this review are my own.
A sweet romance with characters of depth, I enjoyed Like the Wind for how it handled tragedy, grief, renewable relationships, love, and gentle reminders that God is always with you. I liked the interspersed diary entries from the 1930s and how they captured Emma's imagination and sparked a friendship with a retired teacher in her community. I appreciated how Tyler was patient with Olivia and let their love grow, and was determined to work through what could have kept them apart. It is a very satisfying read.
I like Robin Lee Hatchers books.  Her storytelling really draws you in.
It’s a dual timeline with journal entries from the Great Depression  era, lots of heartbreak and hard lives for most.
Olivia’s daughter comes to live with her after years of no relationship and a journal is found by Emma that’s she can’t put down and this starts the dual timeline of two worlds not so different.  Great read, highly recommend.  Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC for a honest review!
Olivia has started over after a terribly rough divorce and has not had much contact with her daughter Emma since the separation. All of that changes when Emma's father and Olivia's ex-husband is tragically killed. Olivia's life immediately begins to whirlwind around her with regaining physical custody of her daughter, dealing with her daughters thoughts and feelings of unhappiness.

Tyler has moved into the area recently and is starting over in a new location. Tyler begins to investigate Olivia however ends up falling for her as well. This is a cute romance novel that intertwines two different time lines beautifully!
This is a story within a story following a single mother still trying to move on from her painful divorce as she becomes reacquainted with her estranged daughter after tragedy strikes, with the other story told through journal entries by a young married woman living during the Great Depression. This is great book those looking for stories about people struggling with real-life issues without easy solutions. Book is about learning to move on, have hope, working through it, letting people in, and above all relying on your Faith throughout the process.
Like the Wind by Robin Lee Hatcher is a dual timeline story. The historical part is told completely through diary entries, which I really liked. I always know I’m going to enjoy Ms. Hatcher’s stories. She can be counted on to have a wonderful faith thread that’s runs throughout the story and her characters are always likable and easy to root for.

I felt for Olivia and all she had been through because of her ex-husband. The relationship between Olivia and her daughter Emma grew naturally and seemed very realistic. I felt Tyler was the perfect match for Olivia.  Normally, a main character keeping a secret would bother me, but in this case I saw why he had to and I was glad it didn’t become a huge issue in the story.

I loved the diary entries and the faith message that was within. My favorite quote from this story is the following:

“I am not alone. No matter how I feel, no matter what storms buffet me, I am not alone. Jesus is in the boat with me. He cares.”

Such a needed, peace inducing reminder! If you’re looking for a sweet romance with a strong faith thread, this is the story for you.

I received a complimentary copy of this book. All opinions are my own. The faith thread is medium. 4 stars.
I was happy to see that this author has written another book so I snatched it up.
So very good and one that you'll not want to put down!
My favorite thing was the inspirational messages. Hatcher expertly weaves them in to remind her readers that God is always there.
This book is written in a dual time line but still good.
I enjoyed in getting to know  the characters especially Olivia. Didn't much care for her father though.  What he did was wrong.
I will be looking forward to more of Hatcher's stories for they never disappoint me. 5 stars for a job well done!
My thanks for a copy of this book.  I was NOT required to write a positive review.  All opinions are my own.
While I love that Robin Lee Hatcher's books are inspirational and have a sweet romantic storyline, here lately they haven't been keeping my attention and it's be a struggle to finish them.
Like the Wind
by Robin Lee Hatcher
Pub Date: November 29, 2022
Thomas Nelson
Thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the ARC of this book.
Our readers here, really like the wholesome. well-written stories that Hatcher writes. She is known for her heartwarming and emotionally charged stories of faith, courage, and love. Her numerous awards include the RITA® Award, Christy Award, Carol Award, HOLT Medallion, National Reader’s Choice Award, and the Faith, Hope & Love Reader’s Choice Award, and she is also the recipient of prestigious Lifetime Achievement Awards from both American Christian Fiction Writers and Romance Writers of America®.
 This is another good one!
In this latest novel from award-winning author Robin Lee Hatcher, an antique diary, a family-fueled investigation, and unexpected feelings collide to create a promise that’s worth fighting for.
336 pages, Paperback
I really enjoyed reading this one. Fans of Denise Hunter would like this book. 5 stars
This is an interesting read.  I was thrown off at first about diary entries thrown in suddenly.  I wish I could have learned more about the diary author’s life after her one diary was completed and before she was very old.
The storyline is a good one.  We live in a time of broken families and abusive situations.  It is a problem that many do not handle in a godly way.
Read about Olivia’s heartbreak and how live unfolds for her.
Olivia Ward came to Bethlehem Springs, ID when her rich ex-husband took custody of their daughter and left her with nothing. She has been gradually making a life for herself over the years but suddenly her daughter is returned to her after her ex-husband is killed in a traffic accident. The girl is unhappy because she had been told her mother didn't want her and she had been in an exclusive boarding school Now she is in a small town with no friends and with a mother she doesn't know well.

Tyler Murphy is an investigator that lives in Bethlehem Springs and was hired to look into Olivia's life on behalf of her ex-husband's estranged father. Tyler falls for Olivia immediately and is then in a quandry because he can't reveal his job to Olivia who is a little gunshy where men are concerned anyway.

This is an enjoyable read with great characters!

I have voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book that I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are only my own honest I have voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book that I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are only my own honest opinion.opinion.
I always love a book by Robin Lee Hatcher and this one was really good.  it has a duel timeline, the characters are likeable, good book
I usually enjoy dual-time line stories, but I thought this one wasn't entirely successful.  The earlier story in the timeline didn't seem fully developed.  It seemed like it was just a prop to advance the modern-day story, and not a story in its own right.
Olivia had endured a difficult marriage with a controlling husband. Her husband won custody of their daughter even though he really didn't want it. He did is as punishment for Olivia leaving a bad marriage. Daniel, Olivia's Ex-husband, dies unexpectedly and Olivia gains custody of her daughter after his death. Unfortunately, Daniel left nothing for their daughter, Emma. In the interim between gaining custody and the present, Daniel has fed Emma lies about her mother and Emma does not feel she is wanted by her mother. They learn to bond again as they spend more time with other. There is a love interest for Olivia who has come into her life due to concerns for her daughter. Olivia not only gets her biggest wish, she also finds someone who will love and respect her.

As a bonus, there is a secondary story that shows the ups and downs of marriage. It shows how if both parties are willing to work for the marriage, you can overcome the struggles and obstacles. This is an uplifting story that you will really enjoy.