Cover Image: Quicksand

Quicksand

QUICKSAND is the third (final?) chapter in the story of The Champions, three sisters who live and breathe raising bulls for rodeo. After tales featuring Lexie and Val, older sister Tess gets her chance at love. Except I believe she got cheated as part of her story was taken up with the search for the son gave up for adoption.

Tess, however, becomes a target in a vendetta someone has against neighboring rancher and fellow rodeo enthusiast Brock Tolman. Someone has been sending him newspaper clippings from the past. The clippings clearly spook Tolman, as do the deaths of a rodeo bull, a couple cows on the ranch, and a beloved ranch cook. The person who is behind all of it is fairly obvious, but readers pick up a Janet Dailey novel for the romance more than the mystery. If the book were considered romantic suspense, I'd feel differently.

A pleasant way to spend a few hours. Recommended.

I received a DRC from Kensington Books through NetGalley, for which I thank them. All opinions are mine.
Mystery,  suspense, excitement and love are all in big supply in this story with a rambunctious bull thrown in for good measure.
I didn't read the first 2 in the Champions series and the author does her best to update readers what happened in the other two bools while keeping the story moving forward.

Tess Champion is the female lead who is guarded and protective of her family.  Brock Tolman just wants to belong and help the Champion family once again as long as he can get closer to Tess.

Janet Dailey knows how to write a story that readers will hold on to years later after putting the book down.  Readers will fall in love with the Champion family as they come to life on the pages.

Quicksand is the perfect title for the story as reader will be pulled into the story unable to stop moving quickly though the story in hopes of finding the HEA.

Thank you to Netgalley for a advance copy of Janent Dailey Quicksand.
Quicksand (The Champions, #3) by Janet Dailey
This book kept me on the edge of my seat - the angst, family drama, danger, relationships, wonderful characters, love/hate, deep feelings and some heat all to get us to a very HEA.  Tess and Brock are the main H/h - but her sisters and their families plus close friends/workers, and the bucking bulls all play a large part in this wonderful book.
Reasons I enjoyed this book:
Tragic Entertaining Wonderful characters Witty Tear-jerker Scary Unpredictable Romantic Action-packed Informative Easy-to-read Haunting Great world building Twisted Page-turner'.
I was thankful to receive an ARC of this book from NetGalley.
A rodeo tale of revenge and of love flies off the page like a bull rider on a bucking bull. Danger and death trail a bull breeder and the woman he has fallen for. Revenge is the key and the why and the who hold the lock that may kill them both.
Janet Dailey's team does it again with this series continuation with Brock and Tess. Giving us just enough action with romance and thrills, this book is a page-turner.
I love Rodeo romance stories. Quicksand,  is the other side of the rodeo.  This is about raising and training the bulls that are used in rodeos.  Plus a great suspense that kept me guessing.  I really enjoyed reading this book.
This is book #3 in the Champions series by Janet Dailey and let me just say each one is better than the one before. Wow! So Good! Could not put this one down. You find yourself rooting for the bulls, you hope for the happy ever after romance and you want success for the Alamo Canyon Ranch. This is a romantic mystery. Someone is committing murder and Tess is a target. Can Brock keep her safe and give her his heart? Tess isn't so sure he has a heart. Fabulous 3 book series!
Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington Books for this advanced review copy. In return, I am submitting my unbiased and voluntary review. All opinions and thoughts are my own.
What a great read. Plenty of suspense and romance. Brock the biggest rancher around. I hate him, but he is so handsome. What’s a woman to do when coming up against a strong, handsome and sometimes ruthless ,rancher. This is Tess’s plight. But Brock starts receiving mysterious message and the accidents start happening, he wonders, does she hate me that much?

I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley. The opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
Love this book! Who doesn’t love a good story about Cowboys?? Janet Dailey’s books have always pulled me in with the close knit  families that she writes about-she makes you want to belong to those families. I have been reading her books for many years and have continued even after her passing because the people that are continuing her stories are definitely doing her legacy justice. The Champion family is no different, I loved following the journey of Tess and Brock in this story. The rodeos make me long for the time I lived in Texas. I will continue to read her stories as  long as they are written. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Quicksand is book three in The Champions Series by Janet Dailey. This is the oldest sister, Tess and Brock’s story. Definitely a “enemies to love” story. However, from the first there seemed to be an unknown enemy. This suspenseful story brings all to light. Before the present can be freely lived the past must be examined. This is the story that does all that.

The most suspenseful of the three, it is still a romantic read. Going behind the scenes of the rodeo circuit is only one of the interesting aspects of this story. The family, drama and the working daily lives of ranch life is part of it too.

A fitting end to the trilogy, seeing what happens to the Alamo Canyon Ranch but also to each sister is wonderful. Cowboy and cowgirl romance is well done in Quicksand.

An ARC of the book was provided by the publisher through NetGalley which I voluntarily chose to read and reviewed. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I am going to let our high school English teacher now about this book, so she can share it with her students.
"Quicksand" by Janet Dailey was described as a romance-type of book, which I normally don't read.  However the storyline about rodeo and especially bull-riding caught my attention.  There is a powerful love story going on (really more than one) with Tess Champion and Brock Tillman; but also with Tess and her love of powerful animals like bulls.

While the human love story might be more appealing to certain audiences more than others, I found it rather delightful. Each of the main characters have a hidden backstory that creates some dynamic tension and also modifies their actions...I was often thinking they may not know themselves totally. The two main characters have powerful personalities that require some give and tare regardless of the magnetism that might exist.

The book was a easy read and I would recommend that even the most diehard western aficionado give it a try.  I liked it a lot and I would have normally turned it thumbs down but rated it a 5-star due to the character development and the twists of the story.
Loved this book, the third in the series.  Could not put it down.
This is Tess and Brock's story.  Their path to happiness is very bumpy.  Both have pasts they need to overcome to find a future together.  But, Brock's past seems to be coming to the surface in a very deadly way.  He needs to face the decisions he made as a teen and find a way to convince Tess that he is ready to build a future with her.  Can she trust him?
I absolutely love the characters in this series.  The sisters have not always had an easy time, and they have to work hard, but I love the paths their lives have taken.  Can not say enough about both the book and the series.  Highly recommend.
I received an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
What a fun thrilling read! This book was a fast read for me. I really enjoyed the story. The story was compelling and kept me interested!
Thanks Netgalley for allowing me to read this book. Tess is going through some tough times and accepts Brock's help grudgingly. Sparks start to fly when they both get together, but Tess is unsure if she can trust him. Thisxwas an enjoyable read.
The next in the Champions family series. With foreclosure looming, Tess must accept her rival rancher Brock’s offer of a partnership. With Brock having his own problems with someone from his past trying to destroy him, circumstances are uniting the two of then to discover who is responsible. Will Tess be able to fight her attraction to Brock?

Thanks to Janet Daily and Kensington for the book
Thank you NetGalley, Janet Dailey and Kensington Books for the ARC of Quicksand. This is my personal review.
This is book three in the series The Champions.
I am a huge fan of this great series. This one focuses on Tess and Brock.
The story of the relationship between Tess and Brock has so many layers and as each layer is peeled away, I got deeper and deeper into the story and found myself lost in the story.
The story also has other stories unfolding that I never saw coming. I enjoyed this book from the first word to the last.
This was a really good book. It had alot of twists and turns but the ending was great. I recommend this book to anyone who loves a good heartfelt romance/ I am grateful that netgalley let me read this in exchange for an honest review.
Another good Janet Dailey book set in the west.  Story set in the Santa Catalina Mountains outside Tucson Arizona.  Brock Tolman was the owner of Tolman Ranch which was breeding bucking bulls and Angus beef steers.  He was a large business man and owned thousands of acres.  Tess Champion owned the Alamo Canyon Ranch along with her family.  The Alamo Canyon Ranch was also into breeding bucking bulls.  Brock saved the Alamo Canyon Ranch from foreclosure and became partners with the Champion family.  He also saved the life of Whiplash a bucking bull from the Alamo Canyon Ranch who had been ruled too dangerous to be in the arena.  Tess worked with her foreman Ruben Diego elder of the Tohono O’odham tribe.  Tess was picking from Brock’s bulls a replacement for Whiplash.  Brock was receiving threats from someone who’s was trying to harm him and others were harmed or actually killed.  The threats were to punish Brock for something he had supposedly done years before.  Kept you reading wanting to know what was coming next.  I enjoyed the book and would recommend it to others.