Cover Image: The Gunslinger’s Guide to Avoiding Matrimony

The Gunslinger’s Guide to Avoiding Matrimony

The Gunslinger’s Guide to Avoiding Matrimony is a fun read, providing you don’t question the likelihood  that two people who are strangers could inadvertently get married as part of a group ceremony when neither is aware that’s what is going on.

The “happy couple” – Adam and Nora – each has an attitude toward marriage influenced by their past. Adam thinks marriage is not for him because he feels like he has the worst luck; every time he makes a decision and tries to do the right thing, it turns out wrong. Nora is only interested in getting a temporary husband, who will stay around long enough for her to claim the homestand where she and her father live. Until she’s married or is 30, it remains in her father’s hands. Depressed since her mother’s death, her father is gambling and drinking way so much that Nora doubts there will be anything left for her in five years when she’ll be 30.

The majority of the story focuses on whether Adam and Nora will stay together. There is a villain who shows up near the end – a rogue lawman who has been hunting down Adam for a minor offense ever since Adam escaped from him –but the situation is resolved fairly quickly.

With an appealing hero and heroine, humorous dialogue and a likeable cast of supporting characters – many of whom will be familiar to readers of Hitched To The Gunslinger – this is a pleasant way to spend an afternoon.

Thanks to #NetGalley and #EntangledPublishing for a review copy.
This book is so much fun. I love how Adam’s determination to stay unmarried is thwarted at every turn by the good citizens of Desolation. With a new law to either be married or gainfully employed in thirty days of arrival in town, he may be forced to accept marriage to Nora or leave. The problem is the longer he stays the more appealing marriage to her becomes. He can’t seem to chase away the infuriating woman or the huge attraction he’s feeling toward her.
    When he stumbles into a communal wedding Nora decides the tall stranger could be the answer to all of her problems. Now she just needs to find a way to get him to agree. The man is more stubborn than a mule and totally too attractive. Her friends have a plan to drive him her way, it’s too bad that suddenly she wants so much more.
    Filled with humor and romance, this book will make you smile.
    I received a copy courtesy of Entangled Publishing and this is my honest opinion.
The Gunslinger’s Guide to Avoiding Matrimony is the perfect second in the Gunslinger series!  I am not sure which I enjoyed more, this one or Hitched to the Gunslinger.  Each are stand-alone, but I enjoyed reading in succession.

The beginning conversation/argument between Nora and Adam cut a perfect slice into the crazy relationship that ensues.  Are they married? Are they not married?  Nora needs a husband to keep her home and land.  Adam, as the title indicates, never plans to marry.  Nora’s little tea group are going to make sure Nora gets to keep her land and Adam ‘gets’ to keep Nora. Nora is as strong, independent and courageous as they come, especially by wearing men's pants rather than dresses.

I love that Gray, from Hitched, has not lost any of his grumpiness or his sleepy horse!  He and his adorable Mercy, along with the rest of the Desolation community, assist in making this book a laugh out loud romance.  There are several secondary characters that had a hand in making Adam and Nora’s ‘courtship/marriage’ journey a very unique one.  Cannot wait to see what happens in future Gunslinger romances.
Another winner!  I loved this book - it's historical romance with humor.  I was instantly transported to the town Desolation.  Adam is a gunslinger on run for his life when he stumbles upon Desolation, a town not even on the map, where those with a questionable past go to live quietly and without fear of their pasts catching up with them.  When Adam encounters Nora, he doesn't know what to make of her.  She's non traditional and wearing men's pants.  When they realize that they've inadvertently become part of a group wedding ceremony and find themselves married, sort of....  What follows is a comedy of errors, mostly Adam's. Unfortunately, Adam still has someone chasing him.

I found myself invested in their story and wanting them to get their HEA ending.  This book is filled with heart and humor and had me turning pages just as quickly as possible.  Fans of the genre will love this book and want to put it at the top of their TBR list.  The author is on my must read authors' list.