Cover Image: The Gunslinger’s Guide to Avoiding Matrimony

The Gunslinger’s Guide to Avoiding Matrimony

I love this next installment of Gunslingers Guide!!  I love the strong women characters that Michelle writes in her books!!

In this story, Adam Brady is running from his past and stumbles into the town of Desolation. Although he has sworn off marriage, he ends up in the middle of a town marriage ceremony and married to a complete stranger.
Adam has heard rumors of this haven for reformed gunslingers but didn’t think he could find it. Now he wants to stay but that means he must either make this marriage official or find and keep a job!

His unintended bride- Nora Schumacher has her own issues. She doesn’t need another man destroying her life- she is running her business just fine. But she needs a husband for her own purposes but would prefer one who will leave town and not stick around.

The sparks fly between these two! I enjoyed seeing the romance play out!  I laughed out loud so many times at the antics between Adam and Nora!!
Michelle McLean books make me giddy with excitement! I just love her writing, but most of all, I love this series. It’s just funny with  a cast of characters that are unique and so fun! I love this town. This book is exactly what I needed. A fun getaway from reality! This book wasn’t quite as good as the first in the series, but it was still very enjoyable. I loved Adam and Nora and their dislike for each other in the beginning. I loved how bold and strong Nora is! She was so fantastic! This book was well written and held my attention from start to finish. Great summer read! Huge thank you to Entangled publishing and Netgalley for allowing me to read and review this book.
This was a cute western romantic comedy.  Adam Brady is a gunslinger who would like to retire.  He finds himself in the town of Desolation, which welcomes and harbors reformed "bad guys."  Only thing is, to stay in town you need to be employed or married.  Due to his sketchy past and an overzealous lawman on his trail, Adam's #1 rule is to not get married.  On the other hand, Nora Schumacher needs a husband to secure her inheritance.   Despite his attraction to the 6 foot tall tomboy, he tries and amusingly fails to keep just about any job in town so that they do not get/stay married.  We see our old friends from "Hitched to the Gunslinger", but this book can be read as a standalone.  There is an issue with not signing the marriage certificate, with Nora constantly bugging him to "sign the papers" that went on too long.  Their love story was a slow burn, but was very romantic once the fireworks started.  I received this book at no charge from NetGalley and the author, but as always, all opinions are my own.
An enjoyable read...

Fun story with interesting characters- developed and written very well.

Though I had not read the first in series, I could follow this without any trouble.

Definitely looking forward to more in this series.
Such a fun read!

This is the story of Nora and Adam and their charming community of Desolation.
Nora needs to find a solution to her problem, just as well as Adam. Though their problems are different, marriage could be the answer for both of them. But he is reluctant and she is a bit with her confidence on the low, so the solution is not that easy.

Both characters are just lovely, Nora is an incredible hard working young woman, taking care of her home, garden, her business and her drunk troublesome father, all while trying to be empathetic to his situation. Adam is attentive, caring, loving and appreciating very much Nora's body, while trying to keep a job without destroying the town.

This is precisely the cause of so many humorous moments, the book is peppered with them, its entire vibe is cheerful. Then there are their sensual encounters which turn from tension to pure heat. And there are the other town's people who are all very specific, they add a nice flavor to the whole universe Desolation is.

While this can be read as a standalone, it's wonderful to meet again this characters.
All in all, this book is so worth it, charming, funny, full of lovely and cute moments.

I received a copy of this in order to offer my personal view on it.
Will he once more land in the wrong place …

Close to one year after one of the most hilarious story I have ever read.
With Hitched To The Gunslinger, the author is a perfect match with her contemporary romance writer alter ego.
So it was impossible to let this book pass by as it appears to be the second in a series I could only hope for.
This is not an hilarious read like the first book, more a story that keeps a smile on your lips, while the hero faces the antics the inhabitants of Desolation have in stock for him or when he tries his damnable luck at new activities.

Nora has tried everything she could to protect what his hers, but nothing is never enough when her father is determined to ruin them. Even matronly which could save her is avoiding her. No one wants her, even the newest outsider denied their unconventional wedding.
Adam landed in Desolation after one more bad decision, as it seems he is only able to choose the wrong bar, the wrong woman, the wrong road.
And once again he is at a turn of his existence with one of his worth enemy administering Justice in this lost place, and if there could be worse, in some way unknowingly married.

They are in for a bumpy journey as both fight their attraction while keeping their secrets and still open wounds close to their heart.
It was fun to see again Grey, Mercy, Doc, the Preacher and all the various people and “pets” who have made Desolation this sort of welcoming retiring place for running-from-the-law outlanders.

Now I know it is to be a series, I hope there will be more lost outlanders and learn about the Preacher’s past.
5 stars

𝗦𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹 onscreen lovemaking scenes

I have been granted an advance copy by the publisher, here is my true and unbiased opinion.
This book started off exciting and kept it going thru out the whole story. It was fun.  I loved it.  It had so many twists and turns.  I was entertained all throughout the book.  This book was a page turner and fast paced. Basically, gentlemen gambler/gunslinger Adam stumbles into town during a mass marriage to find himself married to Strong willed Nora.  She needs to be married and he doesn’t want to be.  However, the town has an ordinance that if he can keep a job for 30 days, he can stay in the town to start a new lawful life otherwise married or booted out of town.  Adam is against marriage and looks for a job only problem is keeping it.  This book is lighthearted and makes you smile. This book has a sweet quality which pulls at your heart. It was heartfelt the interaction between Adam and Nora.  I love the supportive family and friends which makes this book even better. They make a good couple and have a great connection. This book was a good -sweet romance.  It is an easy flowing read.   I would recommend this book because this author is keeps you entertained with this enjoyable book. I look forward to her other books.

**I received this book from NetGalley for an honest review.
This was a funny story. We have a sassy Heroine and  Gunslinger Hero. It's  a good, sweet western romance.
I really loved how funny this book was! The cover said it was a rom com and it didn’t disappoint. I can’t wait to read more in this series.
This was a fun one - I need more historical rom-com in my life!!! Also, I didn't know it was just is a series - now I will need to go read book one!

A strong willed sassy lady and an in the run gunslinger accidentally get married. Or do they?! Nobody knows 🤣 I really hate the miscommunication trope, but this one was an exception. The banter was hilarious and perfect, as was the relationship! I loved the friendship and chemistry that blossomed between them. This is a silly story with action and  a great romance in there as well. I will certainly be reading the next one.

Read if you enjoy:
• a sassy heroine
• cowboy gunslinger
• witty banter
• tension & chemistry
• western romance
• some spice🌶️

Thank you Entangled Publishing for this e-ARC in exchange for an honest review! This book is due for publication 7/26/22.
I absolutely loved the first book in this series, Hitched to the Gunslinger, so I was so excited to get the chance to read The Gunslinger's Guide to Avoiding Matrimony. Just give me all the western romcoms at this point.

This one started started off on the perfect romcom note (I mean, how can you not be amused by a horse named Barnaby?), and it reinforced my thought all those months ago that I absolutely love western romcoms. I loved Adam and I loved Nora. They seemed perfect for each other.

And yet . . .

The Gunslinger's Guide to Avoiding Matrimony didn't have the same spark that Hitched to the Gunslinger did for me. A lot of time was spent on Adam getting a new job and failing at it. While it all was amusing, I'm here for romance. Give me more Adam and Nora bantering and fighting. Give me more tension and comedic mishaps between the two.

While we're at it, there is a complaint that has carried over from the first book to this one: the female main character is often hardworking and running her own business - but we hardly ever get to see this! Give me those instances. Show me her at work doing what she loves.

None of this is to say this second book in the series was bad. It's not. It is funny and heartwarming. Despite being a tad underwhelmed by it, I'm here for this town and these characters. I can easily forgive the author for not meeting the high mark I expect (thanks, Hitched to the Gunslinger) as long as she continues writing this series because I just can't get enough of it.
I liked this book, but I only gave it 4 stars.
Spoiler alert.
I enjoyed this story, although I feel the hero used his outlaw status as an excuse to avoid responsibility.
The story starts out with the hero, lost in the wilderness, when he realizes there is a sign on the ground. Then he sees a trail that is overgrown. He follows this trail to a town. There is a big meeting in the town and he is just looking for the bath house. He walks by a woman who is wearing pants and trying to pick up her drunk father and take him home. She asks him for help and they get into a little spat. He says, "Yes, I do!", then she says, "Yes, I do!", not realizing that they are in the middle of a group wedding and the preacher's assistance thinks they said their vows. So they are married, but have to sign the certificate. The woman, our heroine, needs a husband before her father sells the last few acres and house before she can claim it when she is married or 30. She is 25 and will not be able to keep her father from using it as collateral for 5 more years. So she is happy to be married. The hero is not happy to be married because he is an outlaw and if he is married, his relations can be used as hostages or worse.
So, this book is a series where outlaws go to retire and they have to have a job and be married or leave so that they do not cause any trouble. And they can't bring trouble to the town.
I felt that this book was well written, stand alone story, but I also felt that the hero was using the fact that he was an outlaw as a crutch. He hasn't gone to see his mother because he doesn't want her to be a hostage. He keeps running into problems of his own making. If he would just stay in one place, and get a job and not as a gambler, his life would be better. But he just doesn't see sense. And he could have stayed married to the heroine, with the agreement to make arrangements to leave and let her annull the marriage.  It still would have  been a good story.  And the story was good enough not to have him play cards with the heroine's father to save the house and land. There was so much going on in the story anyway. Editing should be like fashion advice: Look in the mirror before you leave and take off one accessory. Same thing with this book: read and cut out one of the drama points that doesn't need to be added because the story is very good without it.
I gave the book 4 stars and a re commendation to read.
The Gunslinger’s Guide to Avoiding Matrimony is another fun historical romance whose premise might be a stretch but is still a rip roaring good time. Desolation is getting a reputation as a second chance haven for the guys whose face grace those wanted posters. Adam Brady, gunslinger, cannot believe his luck when he stumbles into town while running from a US Marshall. He quickly learns there a stipulations to staying in Desolation, marrying or finding gainful employment. Nora came to the square to watch the mass wedding ceremony and by coincidence an argument with Adam has them both grumbling their I dos at the appropriate time in the ceremony. Nora needs a temporary husband but Adam doesn’t want a wife. She has a month to change his mind before he’s thrown out of town. Funny and sweet, the story flies by and has just enough conflict to keep it moving quickly for a unputtdownable read. My voluntary, unbiased review is based upon a review copy from NetGalley.
Normally, I am not a fan of historical romances but first Hitched to the Gunslinger and now The Gunslinger’s Guide to Avoiding Matrimony have me changing my mind.
This is such a fun and entertaining read and a perfect addition to the series. I loved the married - non married banter between Adam and Nora and of course their chemistry. I also enjoyed how the town came together to come up with ideas to hire and fire Adam from his different jobs so that he has no choice but to stay married to Nora.
I had so much fun reading this book and can’t wait for the next installment.
Oh My Gosh! What an Awesome romance story.  Not your typical Western but Michelle McLean has her charmingly unique writing style were she weaves witty banter between her characters, preposterous situation, danger and with a sheriff who is after his man and he will not stop until he gets man. The Gunslinger’s Guide to Avoiding Matrimony is the second in the series which brings the characters who found a place in your heart are back. The characters are well thought out and you find yourself drawn into their story, a story that is well-written, with a good plot, plenty of drama and sizzling passion. Wonderful setting descriptions and action sequences that are wonderfully vivid which brings this read together perfectly.
I really enjoyed this trip back to Desolation, Colorado!

Nora is a dream of a heroine. Self sufficient, walks around in trousers, no nonsense plan on taking what’s rightfully hers. Adam is the happy sunshine personality that brings laughs and joy to every page he’s on. Adam is a complete comedy of errors, and I love how half the town is willing to help Nora out with her plans.

I loved being back with these characters, and I hope that we continue to have additional books in this series and learn the back stories of certain side characters.
This one had a fun romance and a cute plot. I enjoyed the characters. Love the cover. Would recommend to romance lovers.
This was a cute, fun and charming read.

Adam Brady is running from a bounty hunter and finds himself in the town of Desolation.

The best way to describe Desolation would be picture the town of Mayberry but in a western setting.

Unbeknownst to him and Nora Schumacher, they find themselves married - to each other.

Adam doesn't want to be married and Nora needs a husband - for legal purposes only.

Adam and Nora repeatedly butt heads and, with the help of the meddling townsfolk, eventually find out that the idea of marriage isn't so bad.

Except that bounty hunter that Adam was running from? He isn't one to give up.

I really enjoyed this story and it had more spice to it than I thought it would.

This is book two in the series, but can be easily read as a complete standalone.
A great read that I couldn't put down! I enjoyed the sweet,romantic feeling of the book. Hope to read more by this author. Recommend! 5*****
I love this sort of story! A sassy woman and a gunslinger whose last thought would  never be of marriage! Yet, they find themselves married to each  other! It was an entertaining and funny read yet heartwarming.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advance copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.