Cover Image: A Daughter's Courage

A Daughter's Courage

'Lord, I want to trust you. I'm not sure if I can. Give me the desire to place this in your hands.'

I love history, always have. I love the historical writing of Misty Beller, too. Very much. Her series of a village hidden in caves in the mountains is so good. Her descriptions are so vivid, it seems as if the reader is right there in the book with her characters. I have enjoyed this series very much. I look forward to what Beller has in store for her readers next.

My thanks to the publisher for a copy of this book via Net Galley. The opinion here is my own.
FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!!
This was a story of survival for two people thrown together in the harsh winter wilderness of the Rocky Mountains in 1817. Charlotte and Damien, along with his sweet mule must rely on each other. As they do we get to know them rather quickly without distractions from other characters. I'm not saying other characters are a bad thing by any means, but it's interesting to share in this kind of tale from time to time. It's evident that the Lord ordained their meeting and there are plenty of prayerful moments throughout, which I find as sweet encouragement to my soul.
Laurent is a hidden "village near Kingston in the Canadas" that is largely unknown to outsiders and where Charlotte has lived her entire life. I suspect there is more to be learned about it in the previous two books, which I have not read, but now I would like to!

Favorite Quote: ...she'd never known how rich and deep love could feel.

I received an eVersion of this book for my opinion with no expectation or compensation. Thank you to the publishers & Misty M. Beller.

5⭐
Read 08/26&27/2022
Wonderful series! Bellar's best yet!
I hope this author never stops writing.  I just love her so much!
Third in this series, Charlotte's story ended up being my favorite.
Very nice paced and will keep your attention the whole way through! I didn't want to put the book down it was so good!
All the good feels for an excellent cosy read.
5 stars for a heart felt read that will keep you turning the pages until the end.
And the cover is absolutely gorgeous! Wow!
Draws you in immediately!
I highly recommend!
My thanks for a copy of this book.  I was NOT required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.
The writing is good. The story and setting is appealing. Dialogue is pretty good too.  Just that I cannot get over the string of foolishness in the main characters’ decisions, and I was not convinced about why they would make those decisions. That rather spoiled things for me, I’m afraid.

The spiritual element is good, but felt to me to be rather tagged on at the end.

. I will be looking out for more of this author’s work.
Don’t Miss This Stunning Conclusion to the Brides of Laurent Series!

Charlotte’s story was one of my favorites of the series. I’ve messed up and tried to fix it before I had to admit what happened. This book draws on a lot of things we’ve experienced ourselves.

That is what I love about Misty M. Beller’s books. She knows how to weave a story that will draw you in and let you sit awhile.

I loved what I’m thinking is the conclusion of this series. I’d love to read more but if this is it I was happy with the ending and felt the entire series was amazing! I hope she comes out with another book/series soon!

I received a complimentary ARC of this book from NetGalley on behalf of the Publisher and was under no obligation to post a favorable review.
A DAUGHTER’S COURAGE is the third novel in the Brides of Laurent series by MISTY M BELLER, but it can easily stand alone.
The story takes place in 1817 in the Canadan Rocky Mountains and starts with Charlotte Durand damaging a precious brass chalice, which belonged to the person who started the community of Laurent, by dropping it into the fire. Desperate to find someone to restore the cup, she sets off for Fort Versailles to find a skilled engraver before the Discovery Day celebrations. Caught in a snow storm, she is found by trapper Damien Levette.
I like the way the author takes us into Charlotte and Damien’s emotions and shows us how their adventures and the dangers they face draw them closer to God. In fact, Damien, who has a low opinion of himself and feels guilty for turning away from God when his beloved twin sister died, gradually comes to experience God’s all encompassing love and peace.
A Daughter’s Courage is an historical romance novel with a good Christian message.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.
Although this is 3rd book in series,  but actually we can read easily as a standalone. As general the story is interesting me with likeable main characters. Their situation and interaction isn't new but it still enjoyable to read. I personally love the historical setting and little bit hint of religion faith on theplot.  Recommended!

Thanks Netgalley for providing me with this copy.
This is a new to me author but I look forward to reading more of her books!!

Two solo travelers come together in a fight against the elements--snow, ice, wind, mountains, bears and wolves!  Will they be able to trust each other and heal from the hurt in their lives?

I loved the adventure and suspense that took place in this book.  Charlotte's father also gave such words of wisdom.

Thanks so much to netgalley and the publisher for the arc.  The opinions are my own.
A Daughter’s Courage by Misty M. Beller is the third book in the Brides of Laurence series. I have not read the first, but this book easily stands alone. This is my first time to read Beller’s work, but I will be looking for more.

This is historical romance, heavier on romance than on history. I enjoyed the two main characters, Charlotte and Damien. Charlotte accidentally damages her family’s prize chalice and sets out to the nearest fort hoping to find an artisan who can repair it. Damien is a fur trapper who has suffered a devastating loss. They meet when Damien finds Charlotte nearly frozen during a blizzard.

They must work to get her to survive the storm. Their survival and their growing friendship are the basis of the story. It is a story of love and forgiveness, with a subtle thread of faith woven throughout.

A Daughter’S Courage will be published November 1, 2022. Many thanks to Bethany House and Net Galley for my advance copy of this book. The opinions are my own.
A Daughter's Courage by Misty M. Beller is a great historical fiction and romance that is the third book in the Brides  of Laurent series. I really enjoyed this one.

This is the third book in this series, but the first entry that I have read. It cam easily be a stand alone, however I think I will search for the first two books and see if by reading the history of the secondary and addition characters, I might end up getting a more well-rounded image of the concept and overarching themes of the series. I think it would make this book even better!

I enjoyed the two main characters of Charlotte and Damien. Both are brought together during a snowstorm amd with concerns and troubles involving their current lives and pasts. Both are likable and relatable characters amd both are flawed. It is while in isolation due to weather, that both are able to open up and work through their worries and trials externally and internally. While relying on the kindness  of a stranger, they both learn to overcome their fears and learn to have faith again. In the process of overcoming anger, hurt, fear, loss, and uncertainty, they are able to find friendship, love, acceptance, forgiveness, and a future. I really enjoyed the process that they experienced and their struggles that they were able to address. Those concepts in addition to the subtle themes of religion and faith that I was able to tie into, really made the book for me.

A great book for anyone that enjoys romance with their historical fiction.

4.5/5 stars

Thank you NG and Bethany House Publishers for this wonderful arc and in return I am submitting my unbiased and voluntary review and opinion.

I am posting this review to my GR and Bookbub accounts immediately and will post it to my Amazon, Instagram, and B&N accounts upon publication on 11/1/22.
A Daughter’s Courage

In A Daughter’s Courage, Charlotte, a quiet but determined young woman, sets out to find a skilled artist to repair a prized chalice that she accidentally damages. As Charlotte makes the trek to the closest fort, she gets caught in an unexpected snow storm and meets Damien, a fur trapper who’s still grieving the loss of his twin sister. Charlotte and Damien must rely on each other to survive the harsh weather as they make their way to safety.

I enjoyed getting to know the characters in this book, especially Damien. He was a likable hero from the start. What didn’t line up for me though was the author’s portrayal of him in the beginning as hard to get along with and “ill humored”. I understood the reason for it, but it didn’t fit his considerate, helpful, and mostly patient behavior, in my opinion. The situations the characters experienced provided excitement and kept me reading. My interest did wane a little bit about two-thirds of the way through but not for long. I quickly got back into the story, eager to see what happened.

This is the first book I’ve read by Misty M. Beller. It was an enjoyable read overall, and I look forward to reading more from this author.
Thank you to NetGalley and Bethany House Publishers for an advanced reader copy of this  book. This is an honest review, and all opinions are my own.
The plot is amazing. The writing kept me engaged. It wasn't too lengthy nor too short. that's why it didn't seemed boring to me. in the end it was a nice read for me. The romance genre was also amazing.