Cover Image: Worthy of Legend

Worthy of Legend

Due to the reasons I did not finish The Nature of a Lady I will not be continuing this series though it saddens me.
Roseanna White is a favorite of mine. Has been pretty much since I read the first book of hers. But this story? Well, the message here is one of my favorites. Love. We have such an idea of what love is all about, and yet White comes in with Worth of Legend and reminds us of what love should be all about. The way that Bram cares for, protects, and speaks to Emily is just, wow. I don't know that I can put words to it.

And here's the thing - Bram is no saint. I mean us romantics at heart would like to think so. Knight in shining armor and all that (which he really is!), but he had his own growth going on here. Spiritually I mean. And I think perhaps that what spoke to me on such high levels here. About mid way of the book, Bram realizes that he's more than just a Lord. He's a person. And don't we in society today place such stock on titles and status? It's embarrassing really. I'm so glad White wrote this into the story. I'm sure some readers glazed over it, or perhaps I'm overthinking it. But it really got me right where it counts. And isn't that why we love to read Christian Fiction? I know I do.

Worthy of Legend has everything we love from White - great characters, fabulous faith message, tons of historical tidbits, adventure, and more. This was an outstanding read. One that will sit with me for years to come. I received a complimentary copy of this book. I was not required to write a favorable review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This was my first opportunity to read something by this author and I really enjoyed it. Ms. White did a great job of pulling me in and making the story and characters come to life. I enjoyed learning about King Arthur and his knights as Bram and Emily and the other characters tried to put together the puzzle and piece together the legends to uncover the greatest treasure. Emily's family has betrayed her in the past, and she must keep these new discoveries a secret from them. In the end they must decide if keeping the treasure is important enough to let true love to slip away.
The characters were lovely and well-defined and I enjoyed all their interactions and dialogues. I found the pacing just a bit slow in the beginning, but it didn't take long to get fully immersed in the story. I liked the way Bram had faith in Emily when her own family had let her down and he was really there for her, building her spirits back up. He never let their slander sink into her, and always helped her see the truth.
This story was beautifully crafted and had me captivated from start to finish. This author has definitely made my TBR list and I will definitely be looking for more of her work.
I received a complimentary copy from Netgalley and am voluntarily leaving my review.
Journey to isles near the coast of England and search for lost treasure! I felt sorry for Lady Emily Scofield whose father and brother had never shown her love and her mother seemed afraid to stand up to her husband! I admired Emily for learning to stand up to her father. Earl Bram Sinclair was an amazing male protagonist whose knowledge of King Arthur was outstanding. I enjoyed joining Emily and Bram as they attempt to find the hidden treasure before Emily's brother! Lady Emily learns that the Lord God knows her name and has given her wings! I received a complimentary e-book through NetGalley. This is my honest opinion.
This series has been wonderful, with the on going hunt for pirate treasure, and fun band of friends. In Worthy of Legend, there are rumors of the Isles of Scilly being linked to Camelot. I enjoyed reading this story and seeing Emily bloom as a character. I love seeing unsuspecting characters become the heroine or hero in a series! Both Bram and Emily are wonderful, as they work together with their unique talents to solve to mystery of the Isles.
Title:  Worthy of Legend

Author:  Roseanna M White

Ch: 26 plus epilogue

Pg:  364

Series: Secret of the Isles

Genre:  Christian historical fiction, Christian Historical Romance

Rating: 4 stats

Publisher: Bethany House

I have to say that this was my favorite of the series. And it was a great ending to an awesome series. Everything tied up nicely at least it seemed like it to me. I enjoyed the trip to the Scilly isles and meeting all the characters.

Though I have to say that Bram might just be my favorite hero from the series from his stance on bullies. That quote was my favorite from the book. And he was the one that seemed the most changed.It’s bitter sweet to end this series but I don’t think I’ll ever forget the characters I meet in these books. And the wisdom shared.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher as part of a blog tour  I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
Worthy of Legend is a well written historical romance.  Great plot and character dynamics.  I recommend this book.  My thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for my book.  This is my unbiased review.
I was so happy to return to the Isles of Scilly with it's pirate adventure and lovable characters!

Lady Emily Scofield has had to choose sides in the hunt for treasure and has chosen to be against her brother and father. Consequently, her Father cuts her off abruptly and she and her maid, Briggs, must conserve food and try to survive while saving face with their new friends. Nigel continues to harass Emily and we discover some more unfortunate flaws in her not dear brother.

We originally met Bram Sinclair, Earl of Telford, in book 1 and he came across as a protective, grumpy older brother. I loved learning about his sleep schedule and discovering where some of these character traits came from. In this novel, Bram's protectiveness extends to quiet Emily. Watching their friendship develop was incredibly enjoyable. I especially loved learning Bram's taste in King Arthur! This added a fascinating element to the story and that and his sleep issues made him more relatable to me.

I love that White brings secondary character's stories to the forefront of her novels and allows several different stories to be told within each book in this series.

This entire series, set in 1906, was a wonderful escape! This book can be read as a standalone but I would recommend reading the series in order. Roseanna M White has masterfully brought characters to life who are relatable and I truly feel like I am part of their circle in the many treasure hunts that take place over the course of this series. I highly recommend this book and entire series!

I received a complementary book from the author and publisher. I was not required to write a review. All thoughts are my own.
I admired Lady Emily Scofield as she seeks the Lord’s guidance in dealing with her family’s cruelty. Emily stands her ground in what she believes, no matter what her father does to her..

Bram Sinclair has never seen such a strong, courageous woman as Lady Emily Scofield He’s shocked by the mistreatment Emily has endured by the hands of her father and older brother. He’s determined to help but how? He comes up with a sweet plan that brought tears to my eyes.

I enjoyed the way the author explored how God shows His love through people, and how it first starts with mercy, giving it to those who harmed us was the hardest thing to do. But it was only in doing so could we have true healing in our hearts.

It’s a gripping read, with captivating, intriguing characters to root for, and steal your heart. It’s a story filled with adventure, strong themes of faith, (but not preachy) with a wholesome romance. I enjoyed Emily’s friends and how they were so supportive of her and Tommie her lady’s maid. I liked how this author talked about some tough topics like rape, and how some people will do anything to get their hands on the pot of gold.

I loved how the pirate lore with treasure hunting is intertwined with the introductions of King Arthur’s legends, and associated relics, which made for a magical, memorable riveting, read, leading up to a climatic ending, when readers see mercy and selfless love in action. I didn’t see that coming. This is a wonderful heartfelt escape and one that would work well for your next book club pick. The author includes ten questions to help create a lively discussion time at your meeting.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I requested and received a complimentary copy of this book by the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St. Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins!
The Book Club Network blog www.bookfun.org
Worthy of Legend by Roseanna M. White is the third book in The Secrets of Isles series and a definite must read if you love inspirational romance with treasure hunting and suspense.
Emily Scofield is absolutely horrified by her family's behavior and is forced to make the decision to take a stand against them and possibly cutting them off completely. Her family's betrayal has deeply wounded her.
Bran Sinclair has always been fascinated with tales of the Knights of the Round Table and has up until now kept it mostly hidden, but when they come across an old diary he is the only one who can figure out the legends and their truth or not.
When they team up to find a hidden artifact, they must stay one step ahead of Emily's family and a team of archaeologists. In doing so they soon realize just what makes a hero.
I really enjoyed this series and look forward to reading more by the author in the future.

I was given an ARC from the author/publisher. All conclusions are mine and mine alone.
Such a brilliant conclusion to such a fun series! I appreciated the message in this story as well. Something that sets Roseanna M. White apart from other authors is her ability to connect spiritual aspects with something a part of everyday life. This is wonderful because whether or not you are a spiritual person you can connect with the message of the story. I also love the treasure hunt parts of this series. I especially liked that this book focused on King Arthur and the round table which is such a fun topic!
I have read some books by Rosanna M. White and enjoyed each one. She always has just the right amount of suspense, romance, and Christianity in her novels.

Worthy of Legend is the third book in the Secrets of the Isles Series. I wish I had read the first two books! I feel like I missed a large amount of history and adventure in the previous stories. I recommend starting at the beginning with The Nature of a Lady.

In this book, Emily and Bram get their own adventure. Lady Emily comes from a wealthy but fractured family with a disinterested father and a mean-spirited brother. Neither of them ever miss an opportunity to remind her that she is worthless. But she is not worthless in Bram's eyes. The more he learns of her suffering, the more he wants to protect and love her.
Emily has been cast off on her own with only her maid and the two struggle to make ends meet. At the same time, Emily and her friends are actively searching for a legendary artifact rumored to be from King Arthur. The finder or finders would be famous if such a discovery were found. Unfortunately, Emily's father and brother are also looking for the artifact and will stop at nothing to attain their goal.

I thought the story was very well written and has a great plot line. I enjoyed the camaraderie between Emily and all her friends. Because I didn't start at the beginning, keeping track of all the characters was a bit difficult. But overall, I enjoyed Worthy of Legend very much! Thank you NetGalley for the digital copy!
Worthy of Legend is a historical romance with treasure hunting. romantic longings and deep rooted family betrayal. This can be read as a standalone but I wished I would have read the books prior to this one as I was a little lost when it came to the introduction of new characters. It felt like I was a bit lost throughout. This is a slow burn of a book that has a leisurely pace that i'm sure pick up throughout the rest of the book. However I was in the mood for something a bit quicker so this did not play to my liking. I did enjoy the ties to King Arthur and Brams secret obsession with it. I found it very endearing to his character. I also enjoyed how caring he was and mindful of Emily's family issues and does his best to protect her. Even though this wasn't the right for for me (largely due to me not having read the prior books in the series) I do feel like it was historically well done and well thought out.
Stars: 5

Synopsis: There is still treasure to be found among the Isles of Scilly...and Lady Emily Scofield is determined to keep her cruel, greedy brother Nigel from finding it. Alongside the grumpy Lord Bram Sinclair, the compassionate Tremaynes, and the quirky Howes, Emily discovers a wealth of treasure greater than even the legends told—love, forgiveness, and redemption.

What I Loved: What can I say? Every aspect of White’s novels is (almost) impeccable, and Worthy of Legend is no exception. She immediately drew me into the story with her adorable knight in shining armor, Bram Sinclar, and timid Lady Emily Scofield and their tender love story.

Naturally, Bram was a doll. He did remind me a great deal of Barclay, Samuel, Brice, and a whole host of her other heroes, which kept him from standing out like he had in the previous two books...and he simply cannot compare to Sheridan, so there’s that. I wanted more of him being a grump face too, but I guess that’s because I am a grump have a weakness for grumpy characters.

ANYWAY, he was such a dear, and I loved getting a glimpse into his mind and witnessing his fierce desire to protect Emily (and the other women in his life). That trait, so wonderful and pure and right, is so despised in today’s culture, and it saddens me. *sighs* But I digress, else I’ll start ranting.

As for Emily...she was lovely—not a favorite, no, but actually tolerable enough to dance with. Since I have a hard time liking heroines, it means a lot when I say Emily didn’t annoy me at all and was rather admirable. I ADORED her character growth and the way she recognized her faults and strove to do better, seeking God all the way.

And of course I loved the rest of the cast—especially Sheridan, but y’all know that. Vandermeer was a new favorite—so full of wit and precarious mystery and Americanisms, naturally. I shipped him and Millie right from the start, and his interactions with Bram? Pure gold.

The themes and messages and character growth were all exceptional, and I just love how authentic the faith content is. There’s nothing forced or over-the-top or too subtle—everything flows smooth and feels natural and addresses tough questions in a way that reads as real instead of academic paper on the subject. That’s a rare find in anything these days.

Even though this is the last book, let it be duly noted once more than I love the concept. Buried treasure (in a more realistic way than typically depicted in popular culture)? A beautiful island setting? A wee bit of adventure, suspense, and action? Tell me, what is not to love?

What I Didn’t Love: I hate to say it...but even though Emily didn’t annoy me, she didn’t stand out much to me either, but not for lack of character strength and development. It was simply that she reminded me of other characters, and I simply didn’t connect with her and her personality. Is that typical? Yes. Does that mean I like that? Nope.

But moving on…

I tried SO hard to like Tommie...but I failed miserably. For one, she seemed like a copied-and-pasted version of Deirdre from the Ladies of the Manor series, and similar to several other characters too. She didn’t have a very strong personality, and I felt like she either needed more page time to fully develop her or less so that Emily and Bram could flourish.

Speaking of page time and development, it may have just been me, but both romances—Bramily’s and Tomyon’s—seemed kinda rushed. I think a couple more scenes might have helped in that department, though.

And the fact that one minute Bram wanted to protect Emily and the next minute wanted her to protect herself seemed like a bit of a random contradiction. Like, I get it, and I agree that Emily needed some confidence and a gun, but the way it was written seemed a little feministic. *shrugs* But I am paranoid about that stuff, so it could’ve been me.

Also. WHERE WAS MAMM-WYNN??? Like, I feel like she only had two sentences in the whole novel, and that is WRONG. She is the backbone of the series, and for her to just fade into the background is like sin. *sobs* I missed her so much. Same with Sheridan and Beth. I wanted moooore.

Long Story Short: Regardless, this was still a five star read. (Maybe more like four and a half, but whatever.) My pet peeves aside, Worthy of Legend was a worthy ending to this legendary romance series! White did it again, folks. She pulled you into this wild treasure hunt, spun stories of pirates and kings the likes of Mr. Gibson’s tall tales, and led you to the ultimate treasure: love.

(That said, I expect a Christmas novella with all these couples—all seven of them, I think it is—celebrating as a huge family in the Scillies!)

Disclaimer: I received an advanced review copy from the publisher. All opinions expressed are my own.
Worthy of Legend, by Roseanna M. White, is the third book in The Secrets of the Isles trilogy. Brimming with unforgettable characters, meaningful insight, and important themes, this novel is must-read historical fiction! From the first paragraph to the last, this book contains the perfect combination of history, mystery, suspense, danger, romance, and faith. These elements meld together beautifully into a very special story that is as moving as it is memorable.

A variety of well-rounded characters within a well-crafted plot make this book exceedingly enjoyable. Set on a chain of islands off the southwest coast of England more than a hundred years ago, this novel features dangerous secrets and ancient legends that flow from a centuries old mystery that has never been fully solved.

As a tight group of friends, the characters endeavor to piece together possible clues that could lead to long hidden treasures. On these quests, they face much peril and formidable enemies who are consumed with pride and greed. The characters are compelling as they struggle with deep issues of faith, doubt, trust, truth, mercy, and forgiveness. When faced with decisions and events that jeopardize their futures, they show themselves to be full of grace and courage. And through these pivotal events, the story becomes quite inspirational and thought-provoking.

Throughout Worthy of Legend, Ms. White uses her extensive writing talent to craft a story that is altogether engaging and endearing. Her cleverly detailed and descriptive writing is showcased on every page of this novel. It is truly a stunning book that is uplifting as well as entertaining. This novel was a genuine pleasure to read, and I recommend it most sincerely.

*I was given a copy of this novel from the publisher and NetGalley. A review was not required. The review I have written is voluntary and contains opinions that are entirely my own.
Worthy of Legend by Roseanna M. White is the third book in her Secrets of the Isles series. Lady Emily Scofield and the Earl of Telford are in a race against her family and a team of archaeologists to locate a secret artifact from the legends of King Arthur. This story had it all –legends, treasure hunting, villains, knights and of course the damsel in distress. Emily and Bram complemented each other so well. I loved the way that she tried to see the good in everyone no matter how they treated her. This was a great conclusion to the series.

I received this book from the author for my honest review.
Worthy of Legend was a beautiful and heartfelt conclusion to Roseanna M. White's fourth trilogy set in Georgian Britain. The Isles of Scilly, to be exact. Of course, I loved Bram. He’s a literature nerd with a secret obsession with the Arthurian Legends.

His best friend is an amateur archaeologist with a special interest in the history of the druids and the Arthurian Legends. He's a nerd like me, and he loves animals. He rescues puppies. Can this man get any more adorable? Sighhhs. Emily is great too, she’s a young woman rejected by her family who is trying to escape their reputation and the illegal actions of her brother. She struggles with her duty to love her family (and her sibling) and doing the right thing.

The title of the story is very clever. Legends are a huge part of the story, first there is the Legend of Lyonesse, a stretch of land which was supposed to extended out from Cornwall as far as the Isles of Scilly. Legend has it that Lyonesse was submerged by a giant wave in a single day as divine punishment for a terrible sin committed by the people, and all that remained were the tops of the mountains as the Islands. Yes, I looked it up. I knew nothing about the Legend of Lyonesse before reading this. Better still, one of King Arthur’s knights, Tristan was said to have hailed from the lost Kingdom. As in Tristan and Isolde.

Along with that though there is an underlying theme about the legacy of one’s family and the choices of the past. Legends are not just stories: the legacy of the past can impact the present, and what the artefact they are hunting represents can bring out the best – and worst- in people. In the end, the story is not just about the legends or the legendary artefact. This is best illustrated in a quote from the story:

“I want to believe some bit of the legends are true, and that we can aspire to that nobility. But on the other hand, . . . we’ve seen today what can happen to men thanks to greed and ambition and the lust for fame”

Emily and Bram prove themselves to be Worthy of Legend when they choose to follow the path of mercy, love, faith, and forgiveness even when greeted with hatred, tragedy, and rejection. Even when it is hard- sometimes impossible, to follow and they falter. Oh, and this series is worth it just for the presence of Mamwen, the eccentric grandmother like figure who seems to know everyone and have a certain knack for knowing what is going to happen. She’s not in this much, but any is better than none.

Recommended for all lovers of historical fiction, and those who might want something that’s different from the rest of the Georgian Downton Abbey style stories out there. This one has lost treasure, adventure, and mystery too.

Also there are hardly any novels set on the small archipelago  in the Celtic Sea known as the Isles of Scilly.
Thanks to Bethany House for providing an EPub of this title. I was not required to write a positive review and all opinions expressed are my own.
I went into this one with a little bit of hesitancy and unfortunately that was the appropriate approach. The writing was still well done as it always is with White but the story and romance moved at an achingly slow pace and I was honestly bored most of the time.
Beam and Emily were both likable characters and were sweet together. Bram had a protective streak but wasn’t overbearing about it and I loved his selflessness. Emily was the epitome of gentleness but she did drive me a little crazy with the way she kept trying to see good in her father and brother (yes it’s the good Christian thing to do but you also sometimes have to accept someone’s inability to change and leave them to their own devices). I really wanted more from their romance, it took till about halfway through for there to be any movement on that front besides the few interactions in group settings. And when there was some romance brewing it seemed to take a back seat to the hunt for the artifact.
As for that part of the story it just did not capture my interest at all, it was basically just constantly trying to find stories/hearing stories about Arthurian legend and then just looking around the islands for the item.
The other thing I’ve struggled with in this series has been the side stories/additional POVs of the various maids. It hasn’t really added anything to the plots in my opinion and has taken pages that could have given us more from the hero and heroine.
So while this one was a bit of a miss for me, I know others have enjoyed it and I’m hopeful that this author’s next offerings will be more on par with my beloved favorites of hers!
What a wonderful ending to this series. Roseanna continues to amaze me with her gift of writing.

** I was given an early copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.
I was so excited to read this book!  I loved the first two in this series, so I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this one. Worthy of Legend is the third book in the Secrets of the Isles series. If you haven’t read the first two you are missing out!  All 3 books kept me on the edge of my seat and I loved every moment.  This story follows Emily and Bram as they try to find long hidden treasure before it gets into the wrong hands.  I couldn’t wait to get to know Bram and Emily more.  They are both such unique characters and I couldn’t wait to see them realize how perfect they are for each other.  This book took me by surprise several times, and I couldn’t guess what would come next.  I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Historical Romance.  I received a complimentary copy of this book and was in no way forced to post a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own.