Cover Image: To Win a Prince

To Win a Prince

Before I read this book, I realized that it was the companion to another book but I was able to follow along with this story just fine and there were very brief recaps from the first book so there was no feeling lost. This was a very well written and captivating story but I kept getting thrown out of the story with how much religion was spoken about. I understood quickly how important the author's faith is to them and thus to their characters but I felt it got long winded when the discourse or thoughts could've been more concise. I also felt a way about how judgmental the heroine was towards who was supposed to be her love interest over his beliefs or lack there of. It made me question if the care she claimed to have for him was really true if she couldn't see past his feelings on God. I felt she lost sight of what I had always been taught about God which is that God is a being of Love. I felt her pushing her beliefs on him made his approach less organic and more forced so it didn't feel authentic to me...but to each their own. I did finish this book quickly because the story mostly flowed and there was some really great banter but I learned that Christian/clean & wholesome romances just aren't for me.
To Win a Prince by Toni Shiloh is a very Christian royal romance. I enjoyed its themes of forgiveness and second chances. I also loved reading a royal romance set in Africa and how it highlighted different cultures from the European royal romances I’m more familiar with. This book was a bit in the wordy and repetitive side, but overall it was a cute story.

*Thank you to Toni Shiloh, Bethany House, and Netgalley for an e-arc. All opinions are my own.
I enjoyed this book by Toni Shiloh. I liked getting to know more of the characters from her first book in this series. I also loved getting to know more about this beautiful location. I loved Iris and how positive and outgoing she is. I loved how she wanted to make the world a better place for those around her. I liked see Ekon change through out the story especially as he came to know God more. I thought the romance was good and I liked seeing them grow through out the book. I would highly recommend this book.

I received a complimentary book from publishers, publicists, and or authors.  A review was not required and all opinions and ideas expressed are my own.
Blurb:
As punishment for his crimes against the Queen, Ekon Diallo has been stripped of his title and cut off from his trust fund. No longer having maids and chefs to perform his domestic duties, Ekon must now learn life skills such as cooking and budgeting from scratch. In addition to these drastic life changes, Ekon must also serve community service hours under fashion aficionado, Iris Blakely. Iris is unlike any woman Ekon has met. Although the two have an instant attraction to one another, Iris is reserved in her feelings since Ekon is not a man of Faith. With prayer and petition, Iris seeks the Lord’s plans in regard to her relationship with Ekon. Will the two get their happily-ever-after?

Review:
This book was truly a delight! Seeing Ekon adjust to life as a “commoner” was SO fascinating and quite funny to witness! And Iris!! What an amazing example she is to us all💜 Her firm trust in the Lord along with her consistent prayer life was deeply inspiring and reminded me of the Godly woman I want to be❤️🙏🏻 The faith elements were expertly interwoven throughout, and the prayers Iris continually sent up to the Lord were a perfect example of what it means to lead a “with-God” life.

Additionally, the fashion-world in which this book was set was SO COOL to read about! I’ve always loved fashion and design so this book was right up my alley! And Ekon’s role as a jewelry designer was a nice change of pace from typical male careers in fiction.

Overall, I absolutely adored this book! Although there was only 1 kiss in the story, the romantic tension was perfectly balanced throughout the book which made for a perfectly delightful read. I’m so thankful for authors like Toni Shiloh who whole-heartedly include faith elements in their stories! Books like these remind me why I love the genre of Christian Fiction so very much❤️
Toni Shiloh's sequel to In Search of A Prince is absolutely captiving! I read this in one long lazy afternoon and it was time well spent!

Iris who is best friends with Queen Brielle has settled into Oloro Ile with her own clothing business and ends up having handsome Ekon work for her as business consultant. He has fallen out of favor with his father and is forced  to stand on his own two feet. They both must overcome obstacles and learn to lean on God in the process. This is a beautiful story of coming to salvation and relying on God even during the hard times. I loved both In Search of a Prince and To Win a Prince so much and can't wait to read more by Toni!

Thank you Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review. All opinions are my own.

Published 13 Septmber 2022.
Another beautiful love story filled with faith by Toni Shiloh. I can't get enough of her writing!

This is the continuing story of In Search of a Prince, in this story we follow Brielle's friend Iris and Ekon. Ekon's crimes against the crown land him in the position of being a consultant for Iris's fashion company.

Iris has had a crush on Ekon since she saw his picture. But because of his crimes and because he doesn't believe in God, she is unsure if she can pursuit her feelings towards him. And Ekon doesn't think he is good enough for Iris after losing everything he had.

This book is such a beautiful redemption story filled with faith, finding God's love and finding our worth in the Lord's eyes. I really wish there was another book in this series as I would love to continue seeing these characters more.

*thank you to #bakerpublishing and #netgalley for a copy of #towinaprince to read and review.
I loved this book so much! After thoroughly enjoying the first book, I was so excited for Iris to have her own book, but I must admit I was shocked to see who the love interest was! Kudos to Toni Shiloh for tackling the redemption of this unlikeable bad boy and doing it so well. It didn't take all that long for me to be rooting for him, and I loved reading how he finally came to faith in Jesus as well. This author does such a good job showing how conversion changes the way people live and think, and I think she is one of the best at showing growth in those who already believe!

I received a complimentary early electronic copy of this book from NetGalley, but I also pre-ordered the paperback directly from Bethany House because this is one I'll be reading again and loaning out to others!
I had no idea that this is the 2nd book in the series.  I totally missed out on book one “In Search Of A Prince” and I do plan to read the 1st book in the series.  This is an easy quick read that is entertaining, inspirational, forgiveness, redemption, wonderful characters, romantic, realistic and a great plot.   Prince Ekon lost everything when he tried to dethrone Queen Brielle at the request of his half-sister.  Iris is a fashion aficionado and best friend of Queen Brielle.  In ordered for Prince Ekon to redeem himself he has to work with Iris for free as her business consultant.  Iris is attracted to Ekon, but he betrayed her friend.  Before any harm came to the Queen Ekon came forward.  I loved the Christian based theme and the journey that Ekon and Iris took as they both discovered their feelings.

I received an ARC via NetGalley and Bethany House Publishers and I am leaving my review voluntarily.  Thank you NetGalley and Bethany House Publishers.
"Practice patience. Stay in the moment. Don't jump ahead in life and miss the now."

I love books about royals and I love books with a good redemption story....and this newest by Toni Shiloh has both! On a beautiful tropical island country off the coast of Western Africa, a bright and bubbly American fashion designer meets a spoiled, selfish former Etikun prince with nothing left to his name...and they butt heads while working together to start a fashion house and learn about grace, mercy, forgiveness, and unconditional love.

I loved Iris' completely idealistic, romantic first person voice. She was over the top, yes, but so full of life and passion and empathy. Ekon's honest and raw first person voice started out arrogant, self-centered, and unyielding but slowly morphed to reveal his true self - that sweet, endearing, vulnerable, noble core which made him a prince through and through. The faith thread was strong and Ekon's redemption is one to be remembered. Catching up with Bri and Mori was also fun.

Iris and Ekon's story will make you weep tears of heartbreak and shout for joy at God's faithfulness and love. I received the book from the publisher via NetGalley and was under no obligation to post a positive comment. All opinions are my own.
Iris Blakely is best friends with queen of the African island country Oloro Ille and is starting a clothing line to help the citizens rise above poverty.  She finds out that Ekon Diallo has been assigned to be her business consultant by the elders of the country.  He's one of the ones who tried to dethrone the queen.

The story goes back and forth between Iris and Ekon describing their feelings. The storyline was good but I found myself skimming through parts of it because it seemed to be repeats of previous parts of the book.  There seemed to be more introspective conversation than actual story.  The actual story itself was good.  And of course they found love in the end.

I was given this book by Bethany House Publishers via Net Galley for an honest review.  I was not compensated in any way.
I didn't realize that this is book 2 in a series but I think there was enough explanation in the book that it wasn't a problem. I enjoyed the story overall. I wasn't quite sure what to think of Ekon. On the one hand he seemed pretty self-assured but then he constantly bowed to his father's wishes as well as his sister. How many other people did he follow around? Iris was already deeply in crush with him before his downfall so I could see why she would fight with her feelings for him. His father is a piece of work. Really a horrible person. I am glad that Ekon could have a much happier life than his father did. And Ekon had a huge growth arc through the story. Both of them grow but Ekon undergoes big changes.
I don't think I've read a romance set in Africa before so that was new for me. The story itself is fairly predictable but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. There were a couple surprises in there though.
If you aren't a fan of Christian lit, this is probably not a good fit for you. The themes are strong all through the book.
I liked that where there were friendships, they were strong and supportive. And I liked Iris's family and their support.

Christian Lit: Heavy Christian themes through out the story.
Sex: no
Language: no
Violence: no
I received a complimentary ARC through NetGalley and voluntarily chose to review it.
Toni Shiloh has created a fascinating and beautiful African island of Ọlọrọ Ilé where this book and her previous royal fairy-tale book, In Search of a Prince, are set.

This beautiful story focuses on Iris, Queen Bri's best friend, and her brother-in-law, Ekon.

Iris really gets her chance to shine using her talents to create a clothing line that will assist the people of Ọlọrọ Ilé. Which I thought was really cool!

Ekon is broken in more ways than just spiritually and doesn't think he needs God. Both Iris and God have something to say about that.

I really enjoyed this story! I loved Iris, and how giving and caring she was to everyone she met. Ekon reminded me of a stubborn child who doesn't want to do what's right even though he knows he should. The island that Ms. Shiloh has created is beautiful and makes you just want to move there.

The faith thread was woven in perfectly! It wasn't too heavy or too blase.

This book can stand on its own but I recommend you read the first book, In Search of a Prince.

I received a copy of this book via the publisher. I was not required to write a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
To Win a Prince was a captivating story of redemption. This novel is a wonderful sequel to In Search of a Prince. Iris and Ekon were secondary characters in the first book, so having read that story will make this one even more meaningful. However, I do think that you could probably pick this book up and jump into the overall storyline, knowing that Ekon was part of events in book one that were not above board.

As the story began, Ekon was definitely a snobbish character who felt entitled to his life of luxury and privilege that he had long enjoyed. He quickly lost everything that mattered to him, the things that he thought made him important. It was interesting to watch as Ekon began to have his eyes opened regarding the way most people lived and began to learn that there might be more to life than status and material possession.

Iris was such a sweet and caring character, who was very drawn to Ekon. She battled the attraction to him, knowing that he was not a believer, yet it was a big struggle for her. I loved the way these two connected with each other even as they both, at times, worked to resist anything more growing between them.

This story had a wonderful redemption arc. Ekon’s emotional and spiritual journey was beautiful and he grew so much as the story progressed.

I received a complimentary copy of this book. All opinions are my own.
Ekon has spent all his life trying to live up to his father's expectations - and failing. When an attempt to help his half-sister lands him with community service and mandatory unpaid work as a consultant for the new company Iris is trying to start, he struggles to find his place in a world so far below all he'd ever known. And when his father dismantles what was left of his life, piece by piece, only Iris' help and encouragement keeps his head above water. Iris has found Ekon attractive ever since she first saw him as her best friend's potential suitor, and rejoiced when Bri chose someone else. But having to work with him shows her Ekon's entitled side - and anyway, he's not a Christian. As Ekon works to find his position in a world turned upside down, Iris has to learn to wait for God instead of rushing ahead into what she wants. Can the pair find happiness on the other side of disaster?

Though I gather that Bri found her happily ever after in a previous book, I haven't read it yet - though I hope to in future. However, I didn't feel that I was missing any important parts of this story, which was good. What I did find was a story of a man who needs to hit rock bottom to realise how the rest of the world lives, both the good and the bad, and to find his own place in it. This may sound strange - and I'm trying to avoid spoilers - but I think that different parts with his father were respectively my favourite and least favourite. Having grown up in a happy, loving family, I can't imagine that level of dysfunction, and I really felt for Ekon (and empathised with Iris). However, watching Ekon gradually finding his feet was satisfying, and I also loved the way that Iris encouraged him. All in all, a great story and I definitely hope to read more by the author in future. Highly recommended.

Note that I received a complimentary copy of the book from NetGalley. I was not required to write a positive review and this is my considered opinion of the book.
This was a fun royal romance story. After reading the first book, I was excited to get Iris’s story! I wasn’t sure how I would feel about Ekon as the male lead, but I really enjoyed his redemptive storyline.

Toni Shiloh is great at weaving God’s truths and love into her stories, and this one was no different!

You may like this story if you like:
👑Royal romance
👑Insta-love
👑An emphasis on fashion
👑Stories of redemption
👑The power of God’s love

Thank you so much to NetGalley, the author, and Bethany House for the complimentary copy. All opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
Gah!! I loved Iris in In Search of a Prince. But wow is she perfect as the heroine of her own story. Such compassion and intuition when it comes to the broken and disgraced Ekon Diallo. And what a wonderful redemption story for this unlikely hero. Chemistry, sweetness, and so much more fill the pages of their tender romance.

Ms. Shiloh has taken the enchanting island she created for Queen Bri and made it a true home for Iris and Ekon as they discover where they belong and with whom. I didn’t think she could surpass ISOAP, but she definitely did with this one.
To Win A Prince by Toni Shiloh is the continuation of Iris’ story after In Search of A Prince. What a beautiful, faith-filled, heartwarming story filled with beautiful redemptive salvation in the Lord. This story will captivate your heart and will stay with you for a long time. If you love royalty reads, you will love this story. 5 stars!

This story follows Iris, Bri’s best friend from the first book, who is a fashion aficionado and has started her business where the goal is to clothe the world in sustainable fashion using the resources and skills of Oloro Ile. She wants to give the Oloran woman a chance to leave poverty behind and provide for their families. Iris soon realizes Ekon Diallo, a prince who has his royal title stripped from him due to his crimes against the queen, has to be her new business consultant. Ekon soon realizes being a “commoner” isn’t so bad and Iris struggles through her conflicted feelings for him.

Ekon has never known a life other than the royal lifestyle he grew up in. So when he is exiled from his royal family and has to learn how to be self-sufficient, he struggles to adjust. He was very arrogant and prideful at the beginning of the story – but all he knew in his life was a life of entitlement and royalty. He lost everything in his life he knew, but he soon realizes what is most important in life as he works with Iris. I loved his character so much because he went on a beautiful redemptive journey through Christ.

Iris is a beautiful example of a strong Christian woman who is caring and loyal. She was so conflicted in her emotions towards Ekon, prayed to God about the entire situation throughout the story, as Ekon was not a believer, and she wasn’t sure what God wanted her to do. I love her personality and seeing her as a business owner as well. She gave Ekon the second chance he deserved – what an amazing character.
Toni sure knows how to write in depth, beautiful characters that we can connect with. I also love the way she wrote faith in this series – the prayer, scriptures and firm belief in the Lord are top tier. We directly see the redemption of Jesus in this story and a true transformation.

The culture in this story was also phenomenal! I can visualize the setting of Oloro Ille so easily and I loved the fashion details throughout the story.

Overall, this story was beautiful, the ending packs such an emotional punch and will stay with me for such a long time. Thank you to Bethany House and NetGalley for providing me with a copy to honestly read and review.  I will be discussing this book in a full video review on my YouTube channel BookLoverAmanda and will update my review with the link as soon as its posted.
A Fresh and Sweet Royal Rom-Com

From the beautiful covers to the intriguing premises, I’ve been drawn to Toni Shiloh’s contemporary royal romances. Her winning writing style keeps you engaged, and whispers of mystery will have you flying through the pages.

I really liked Iris’s character in the prequel, In Search of a Prince, so I was excited to read her story. As a heroine, she does not disappoint. She’s fun and bubbly with a big heart and lots of ambition. Her heart for people leaps off the page and is so endearing. She’s definitely the type of character you’d want to spend a day with shopping and chatting over coffee. In the beginning, I wasn’t very sure about Ekon. He’s very bitter about his circumstances, and he is the definition of entitled. Yet as the story progresses, his character changes. He begins to see things from a different perspective, softening him and maturing him. It was fun getting to revisit characters from the previous book, like Brielle and Tomori.

The setting of this book is described so vividly that the scents of ocean air and the delectable foods mentioned throughout will practically fill your senses as you read. I loved getting to immerse myself in a new culture through this book. Reading about Iris’s and Ekon’s respective passions for fashion and jewelry design was fun, as well.

If you love sweet Christian romance with a royal twist, then you must read To Win a Prince.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Bethany House through NetGalley. All opinions expressed are my own.
Another charming romance for anyone that is a fan of The Princess Diaries movies, not to be missed.

After her best friend became Queen of an African nation, Iris Blakely decides to stay and help the citizens of the country by starting a sustainable clothing company. Iris has been asked to bring on Ekon Diallo, the man who betrayed her best friend, to work with her at her company. Ekon has been stripped of his title as prince after trying to overthrow Brie before she could become Queen. Tensions are high as Ekon and Iris struggle to work together; they realize they are completely different people from different worlds but their hearts might just be wanting the same thing.

After reading the first book in this series, In Search of a Prince, I couldn’t wait for more from this world. The story of Brie reminded me of The Princess Diaries, which I loved and was eager to see how the story of Iris held up. I may have had my expectations set a little too high with this one because I felt a little let down. My biggest problem was the immediate attraction between the characters. I enjoy a fun rom-com but the romance here was just too quick after he had tried to betray her best friend. Toni Shiloh is a great writer and I enjoy her stories, just with less eye-rolling at such early attractions. If that hadn’t turned me off so early, I would have loved every part of the book. If that is something you can look past, then this will be a thoroughly enjoyable book. I recommend this book to readers that enjoy contemporary romance with characters that are instantly attracted to each other.

I received a complimentary copy of this title from the publisher.  The views and opinions expressed within are my own.
Toni Shiloh delivers a beautiful tale of redemption in To Win A Prince. Refreshingly loaded with spiritual truth, character self-reflection, and rewarding romance, this love story between Iris and Ekon kept me on my toes about what to expect and I enjoyed every second! I loved book one with its Princess Diaries vibe but this one is possibly even better. I love Ekon’s transformation in this book and how Iris helped him get there. How do you win a prince? By being a true friend and helping him figure out who he really is after he loses everything. 5 stars for Toni Shiloh! 100% recommended.

I received a complementary copy of this book from the publisher and NetGalley.. My opinions are my own and I was not asked to leave a positive review.