Cover Image: I'm So Glad You Were Born

I'm So Glad You Were Born

I’m So Glad You Were Born is the perfect way to celebrate children with a variety of interests. The illustrations are very inclusive of all races and ability levels. One of my favorite quotes is
“The Sky is the limit and soon you will see
That you can be anything you want to be.”

This book focuses on God while also celebrating that He made everyone to be unique and have different interests, goals, and strengths.

Trauma Informed Notes: This book may be triggering for a child who knows nothing about the day they were born. However, with care, this book could still be used to celebrate that child’s potential and current strengths.

I received an Advanced Readers Copy from Net Galley. All opinions expressed are my own.
This one is just pure fun and makes you feel like you’re at a birthday or  holiday party – but the trick is, you’re celebrating you and how wonderful you are. This one emphasizes that a child, exactly how they are and being themselves, is wonderful and capable of accomplishing incredible things. Emphasizing how you were made by God in a spectacular and divinely designed way, this one showcases the joy that exists simply because you exist. Last but not least, this reminds the little ones to be glad themselves that they were born, and to celebrate their life.
These books that celebrate our children are so important. You would be surprised that reading this with your young child many times and personalizing it. You will build a bond and a memory that will stay with your child into adulthood. It is important that our children feel and know that they are valued by their parents and why. This is a great resource to do that. Highly recommend.

A special thank you to Zonderkidz and Netgalley for the ARC and the opportunity to post an honest review.
Well, I’m crying. 😭 The illustrations, the rhyming, the message - they all work together so well to create this beautiful book.

My baby was due on this book’s pub date, so I was already feeling sentimental. Then I read it and MY HEART grew three sizes!

Two things really made this a winner for me. The first was the part about things not going your way. I love when a book can admit that sometimes life isn’t perfect, but there’s still happen. This book did that! The second is how the message turns at the end to the child saying they’re so glad they were born! Our kids need that affirmation and belief in their worth.

I’ll be pre-ordering so I can have this book for my baby’s 1st birthday. I know she will love it and want to read it for years to come.

Thank you NetGalley for the digital ARC in exchange for my honest review. I’m SO glad this book was born!
A cute rhyming book about how we are all part of God's creation and loved. I love the fact that the book has diverse characters and features characters with disabilities. Would be a great book to gift a child or a grandchild.

I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.
I read this with my daughter the day before her sixth birthday and it was truly lovely! A very sweet book perfect for any time of the year but would be also be a really great birthday gift!
Thank you Netgalley and Zonderkidz for the arc in exchange for an honest review!
Yes or better yet, No. I’m all for celebrating children for who they are as a person. I’m a great believer of telling my kids that they should be proud of themselves, when they feel themselves they did well. That they are brave for going on the slide, but also brave for telling us when they don’t want to go. So celebrating my kids lives is not the issue here. I just don’t seem to be able to like this book. I’ve read it multiple times now, to see what it exactly is I don’t like about it and I think its the use of God in the book. I didn’t expect it and I feel that It wasn’t needed to fully celebrate the child being born and being who they are. there was no need. skip the God part and its a lovely story, therefore I really hope to make a version without getting religion involved, as I find it hard to look passed it.The illustrations are a bit busy for my liking as well, however I do feel this is fitting, as its all about celebrating.The 2 stars are mostly because I do think we need more books, where children will be told to Celebrate themselves!
I read this one to my toddlers and we love the bright, bold colors!  We also enjoyed the beautiful message, which made for a wonderful conversation my kids and I had.  I highly recommend this for all to share!  Thank you to the publisher and author for a copy.
YES!  This whole book is so lovely and necessary!  I love the messages, especially about being whatever you want to be and that life may get hard.  I love the illustrations, especially the diversity (race, abilities, biracial marriage, etc.).  Everything about this is a joy and a must-purchase!
Love the fun bright and confetti-filled illustrations, the inclusion of God, and the rhyming in this book.  It does have some repetition which could make younger kids lose focus or interest in the book, but I do think the illustrations with fun little bees and dragon wings can help keep their attention. I could see this one being fantastic as a birthday gift from a sunday school teacher.
Though I don’t read books to my children about God, this was a lovely reminder to children to be kind and authentic.
This is a fantastic book. I love the inclusivity in the illustrations. I love the variety of skills and personality traits. I love the celebration of who you are. The only downside is the multiple mentions of “God” it is difficult to use in public schools - and it could be still an amazing book without the mention of religion.
This was a really cute book celebrating littles and showing them how valued they are. I do with their was a secular version, though.
I'm So Glad You Were Born is a Children's picture book that celebrates you being, well you!

The cover artwork showcases the unique art style throughout the book. The font chosen is clean and easy to read and large enough for a child to follow along with.

4 stars. Would recommend. It's an adorable picture book that showcases that you're beautiful just the way you are from birth and on. I enjoyed that there is inclusivity within the book (a child in a wheelchair, etc).

I'm not religious, therefore I may not be the ideal audience for this book, but we enjoyed the read none the less. It was well thought out, the artwork was colorful and beautiful, and the meanings behind each page were solid.

Thanks to the publisher, Zonderkidz-Books, the author, and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC copy to read and review. Review will also be posted to my blog (www.kagoodsell.com/book-reviews), GoodReads, TikTok (@unearthingeco), as well as NetGalley reviews.
Thanks to Netgalley and Zonderkidz for a free digital copy.

I adored this book that is cheerleading kids to live into the joy of being alive! The message is fantastic the illustrations are vibrant and full of diverse children and adults. Definitely one to have for your shelves (especially would make a great birthday read!)
This book was a religious book about God's love which I wasn't aware of when I picked it up. As a teacher in a public school I wouldn't be able to use this book, but I wish there was a non-religious version I could read to my students.

As a teacher I try to relay the message to my students that they are special and important, here on this planet for a reason and that they make a difference. I am so glad each one of them exists. This would make such a great book without the religious parts for anti-suicide talks even with older kids.

Cute and has a fabulous message. If it was non-religious it would be the perfect addition for classrooms, libraries, counselling offices and more. Plenty of great lessons for kids to learn. This story was both entertaining and educational, which can be a tricky balance to maintain in a children’s book. Incorporating social-emotional topics such as this into children's picture books is a tried and true way to teach important life skills in a way that is fun.
Such a wonderful book to build up little ones and share the joy of God’s plan for them. Loved the rhythm, the message, and the playful illustrations. Would be an especially great birthday present. I’m looking forward to starting a tradition to read it every year on my children’s birthdays. Highly recommend.

Special thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an advanced digital copy in exchange for an honest review.
This book is beautifully written with such a great message. The book is adorable. I read it to my son. He loved it. Will definitely recommend to friends and family and colleagues.
My nine year old loves this book, she said it’s like a hug in a book. She snuggled up and read it and read some bits out loud that she really enjoyed.
Thank you netgalley for this arc in exchange for an honest review.
This book is a cute book with beautiful illustrations. It is religious, but I wish there could be a secular version so we could use it in the classroom. It’s such a great book.