Cover Image: Situationship

Situationship

Thank you Kensington books for a gifted copy of this book. All opinions are my own.

Marina Adair needs to write more books! Loved this second chance romance - the twin toddlers and crazy dog made this story extra fun. Some parts of this story made me want to shake Teagan but loved how this story wrapped up.
Teagan is back to her family home with her four year old twin after her divorce. Upon arrival, she found her younger sister already living in the house and her first love Colin is staying next door. Colin too have problems or his own. His teenage daughter is giving him trouble and also his boss who focus more on monetary value instead of helping out the animal in needs.

It is a story about family relationship and second chances in love. Love reading how Teagan found her footing and rebuilding her life as a single parent. The characters are well developed and the story of each of the character are easily relatable. I enjoyed watching both Teagan and Collin reconnect and fall in love all over again.

*review post scheduled to be posted on 5/2/23*
This is a good book. Harley was one of my favorites and I was so glad that things worked out well for her. Good characters and a nice story with a happily ever after.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
While I enjoyed this book, I felt it was a little slower paced for my taste. However, it was a very well written book and I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a romcom x women fiction read.
I loved reading this one. I just love this kind of books.
4 stars read for me. I love this author snd her writing style.
Thanks to netgally for this arc.
This was my first book by Marian Adair and was so sweet. I loved the sibling relationship arc and the second chance romance aspects of the story that were perfectly written. The humour was great and the story had all the cozy feels of a solid romance novel. I loved how the author kept things light and the pacing of the story didn’t drag. I especially loved that the main characters were older and had pasts.
The title of this book hooked me in because who doesn't love a good situationship? But honestly I didn't stay hooked after that. I read the whole book but I wasn't super invested and didn't care too much one way or the other what the end result was.

Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for providing me with an arc for an honest review!
The Situationship was such a sweet story. I immediately connected with Teagan and her story as a single mom. Teagan’s second chance with her teenage love, Collin, showed that anything was possible. Along the way, we are entertained by Teagan’s dog’s crazy antics. We also watch Teagan try to heal a rocky relationship with her sister. This was a great, heartwarming read.
Heartwarming second chance romance filled with witty and engaging charters, intriguing story line, witty banter, heart racing twists and undeniable slow burning passion. Really enjoyed this emotional and exciting journey about starting over again!
I love a second chance storyline and there are multiple ones here to enjoy. Teagen is in need of a second chance and a safe place to land after the divorce from her husband has left her financially devastated. The light at the end of the tunnel is the home her beloved grandmother left her and the hope to reopen a bakery to support herself and her 4 yr twin girls.  At the end of the multiple days long drive (and isn’t any drive with 4 yr olds long even if just a block?) she finds her sort of estranged sister basically squatting in her house.  Neither of them anticipated seeing the other.  Add in a giant dog named GF (garbage disposal), a handsome neighbor turning out to be her high school sweetheart who is dealing with his own things. It’s a wonderful read as they all figure things out.  Its funny, emotional, silly as they all figure it out separately and together.  A nice addition to the series.
"You going to climb down that trellis?"
"You going to be waiting on the beach for me?"
"Hell, yes."
Trying to play it cool, she shrugged. "Then, I guess I'll see you at midnight."

Teenage Colin was a force to be reckoned with. Adult Colin?? Beyond irresistible.

Teagan returning to her hometown after her divorce is a huge change. Her sister is squatting at her house, she's living next door to her high school sweetheart and she has her hands full with her twin daughters. Oh, she's also trying to revive her family's bakery.

Colin has been through a bitter divorce, is raising a headstrong teenaged daughter and now, seeing Teagan again - is setting off all sorts of warning bells. As well as bringing up some long buried feelings.

I love this story by Marina Adair! The characters are wonderful and I love a second chance romance!
I expected so much more from this book.

First of all, I think I should start off by saying that maybe “women’s fiction” is not for me. It’s different to romance or rom-coms, etc. It just feels like there isn’t enough romance in the story until about 65% in. It feels like Teagan and Colin barely interacted with each other. Not to mention how much second hand embarrassment I felt during their steamy scenes. The fact that the author referred to orgasms as “cocktails”, had me cringing. The metaphors were just not it. The steamy scenes were actually good if you look past that fact and the fact that it mentions, and I quote, “his thumb teased her pleasure button”. EWWWW.

Also, was Harvey’s POV necessary? I don’t think so. I feel like it takes away from the romance between Teagan and Colin by adding in Harvey’s POV. I understand that she has her own issues with her childhood that impacts her adult relationships, and that she has things to resolve with her sister, but that could be addressed in a follow up book.
I feel like a sequel about Harvey, 1) allows more intimacy for Teagan and Colin in Situationship, 2) allows the relationship between Bryan and Harvey to have more depth, and the same for the sisters resolving their issues, and 3) to form deeper connections with all the characters.

Now to address the pacing and flow of the story. It all just felt wrong. The writing and pacing felt disjointed, and like there were gaps in the storytelling. Some chapters picked up immediately where the previous left off, and others I could even tell how much time had passed. At times, it just didn’t feel like the chapters flowed into each other well.

One another note, I firmly believe that if a book has multiple POVs that each chapter should be headed with whose POV it is. This book did not deliver on that.

The only things that made this book worth a 2.5 stars, which I think is generous, is that it was a single parent romance (these have my heart), and that some of the scenes were cute.
Truely devoured the story.  Marina wrote another great story.  I hope there will be a book about Harley - what her new life is like and maybe a small glimpse of how the twins adapt to having a new stepparent. I wanted more of the story - the ending was great, but I wanted to know how Maddison adapted to having a stepparent and the relationship with her absent mom.
Teagan moves from Seattle to Pacific Coast California after her husband lost everything they had.  She survives the trip with her 4 year old twins and dog to her grandmother’s house only to discover that her sister is in residence.  The sister she had a huge blowout with and hadn’t spoken to since.  To top that off, her teenage crush lives next door.  What else could possibly go wrong?
Colin is a vet who’s daughter is getting ready to go off to college.  He’s in the process of deciding his own future when Teagan shows up.  Can he let her back into his life and does he want to?
Cute story about second chances and new beginnings.
Situationship is a cute book without a bunch of angst. I like angst but it's refreshing to read a book that doesn't tie you up in knots for a change. I'm not saying there weren't issues to deal with between Teagan and Harley (estranged sisters) and Teagan and Colin (neighbors with a past) and Teagan and her Ex, then there were the darling twins and Maddie, but it wasn't gut wrenching, although I wanted to kick Teagan in the behind several times, but that's the thing about books and real life - everyone has to learn from their mistakes and figure out how to fix them. I laughed (Garbage Disposal) and I cried a little reading this book. Also, a side story - I wondered if Harley and Bryan would get their own book, but you have to read it to find out how everything works out.  Thank you to Kensington and NetGalley for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest opinion.
Situationship, by Marina Adair, is a humorous heartfelt story of coming home and second chances for Teagan Bianchi and her younger sister Harley. Teagan is slowly recovering from her recent divorce and discovery of all her gambling addicted ex Frank has gambled away. . . their home, business, savings gone. Now Teagan and her almost 4 year old twins Poppy and Lily, along with their rescue dog Garbage Disposal, have returned from Seattle to Pacific Cove, California, to start over in the home her dear Nonna Rosa bequeathed to her.

After two long days with toddlers and beast loaded in their SUV with her few belongings in a pull behind trailer, Teagan is exhausted when they arrive at Nonna Rose’s cottage. The two things she did not expect on arrival are her estranged sister, Harley, and her teenage boyfriend, Colin West, DVM.

This story has an intricately designed plot which follows Teagan’s homecoming, reunion with Harley and with Colin, and plan to move forward while negotiating with her young twins, Colin’s teenage daughter, and her bungling ex. As Ms. Adair brings all story threads together, the reader will laugh and perhaps become misty eyed. This is a lovely story and I do recommend it.
Loved this book, a rom com along with woman's fiction makes it the perfect read. Teagan is ready for a new beginning after her divorce. She packs up her young twins and big dog, Garbage Disposal and returns to her childhood home on the beach. Her grandma left her the house, only to find out that her estranged sister is living there already. To top it off, her neighbor is her first love, Colin is a single dad raising his teenage daughter.

This story will have you laughing out loud, a few tears were shed. Loved the chemistry between Teagan and Colin! Loved the coexist of the sisters, but then to realize once a sister, always a sister.
I love the way Marina Adair writes a romance. When In Rome series book 3 did not disappoint. I enjoyed the second chance romance as well as the family dynamics in this book. Character development was good and the story kept me turning the pages.

I received an advanced digital copy from the publisher and Net Galley. All opinions are my own.
This is a Women's Fiction/Romance. I loved this book so much. I really loved the characters in this book, and the dog, Garbage Disposal just made the book. I love when an animal takes over the book. This book has some really funny times, and I laughed so hard at times while reading this book. There were also steamy moments in this book. I loved the characters trying to figure out what they wanted and how to get there. This was a really great read with everything I want in it. I was kindly provided an e-copy of this book by the publisher (Kensington Books) or author (Marina Adair) via NetGalley, so I can give an honest review about how I feel about this book. I want to send a big Thank you to them for that.
I really enjoyed reading this flirty, fun story.  I enjoyed how Teagan and Harley were sisters who needed to deal with their unusual past in order to have a future.  It was funny how they sometimes got on each other's nerves, especially with Teagan's rules.
Teagan was a fun, loving character, with self doubts about the parenting of her twins since she was now a single mom who was trying to start over in Pacific Cove, away from her life in Seattle.
Colin was the sexy veterinarian who lived next door and happened to be Teagan's first love.  I enjoyed the story because of all of the characters, their ups and downs, and trying to move on from the mistakes they made.  The four year old twin girls were so cute and precocious.  I received an advance copy of this book and I willingly chose to write an honest review.