Cover Image: Come, Gentle Night

Come, Gentle Night

Thank you NetGalley and Covenant Communications for the copy of Come, Gentle Night. I think I would have enjoyed this more if I had read the other books in the series first. I had a hard time connecting to any of the characters. Violet and Jemma came off as being really young, like high school young. Natalie was a sympathetic character, while Gideon was kind of blah.  I’m curious which of the other characters are recurring. The writing was good and kept me reading to see what was going to happen. The story started out great but quickly got complicated. Then what was going on was summed up by one character explaining everything. My reading pet peeve-being is being told, not shown. If you don’t mind being told, you would probably like this book. It just wasn't  great for me.
Stephanie Black has been a long time favorite author. And that continues with Come , Gentle Night! I love a good mystery and most of the time I can guess who the murderer/bad guy is fairly quickly. But not this one. It had me guessing and second  guessing until the very end. Definitely recommend this to all the mystery and Suspense lovers!!
This is a fun and engaging mystery that will keep you guessing! I had not read the previous books in this series, and I definitely recommend that you start with those. They will make this book much easier to understand and enjoy.

That being said, this book is filled with twists and turns- it will keep you up all night guessing and turning pages! highly recommend!
I wanted to like this book so much more than I did, which is why I kept reading even though I didn’t like the characters. I picked the book based on the author, knowing the genre she writes is different from what I usually read, and I thought a mystery/suspense story sounded appealing. Unfortunately, I didn’t notice this is part of a series. Not having read any of the previous books, I felt lost for quite awhile. The author did keep me guessing about who the bad guy was, but it was pretty slow moving for most of the book with some very immature characters..
You know those books that you shouldn't read when you're really tired and you want to go to sleep early but you pick up the book and start reading and think just one more chapter and then just one more chapter and before you realize it, it's 1:30 in the morning? You know those books, right? Well, this is one those books!! I couldn't put it down.

Poor Natalie Marsh, she's like Jessica from Murder She Wrote. Trouble seems to follow her wherever she goes. This time Natalie wasn't the main suspect or problem, but she sure got in pretty deep regardless. I love this character, and really enjoy Stephanie Black's writing.

Thank you to Shadow Mountain and Net Galley for an advanced read copy in exchange for an honest review. I can't wait until this book is published and others can enjoy it, too.
This is a good whodunnit! I love a good mystery. This was a quick read as it kept me engaged not wanting to put it down! Highly recommend to mystery lovers!
This book is full of twists and turns. I thought I had it figured out then something new came up and I had to readjust my thinking. I thought the characters were interesting and each of them added a fun element to the story. Overall an interesting mystery.
“Gideon leaned toward the phone. "No. I'm sitting here trying to calculate how many dumb decisions it's possible to make in a one-week period. Are you and Rowan going for a world record?"

Okay Gideon by far is my favorite character in the Natalie Marsh series. He has a great sense of humor. I’m always laughing at his jokes or sarcastic comments. The series wouldn’t be the same without him.

This is book number five in the Natalie Marsh series. It can be read as a standalone, but it is better if you read the previous books first. Like the rest of the Natalie Marsh series, Come, Gentle Night is based on a Shakespeare play. The play was Romeo and Juliet and I think that might have been my biggest problem with the book. Rowan and Jemma were Romeo and Juliet, and I struggled a lot with them. They made so many stupid decisions, I kept having to stop and take a few minutes to calm down. That being said, this book was still a fast, enjoyable read.

This book was like Stephanie Black’s other books. There was lots of twist and turns. Wondering how all the loose strings are going to come together. This book had a good balance of Natalie and Gideon and Rowan and Jemma. I love that we got to see how Natalie and Gideon were a couple months since a they’ve been married. I also enjoyed getting to see a different side of detective Abe Bartholomew.

Thanks NetGalley and Covenant Communication for the ARC. These thoughts and opinions are my own
Such a great series! I have enjoyed following Natalie Marsh and her propensity for falling into the middle of dangerous situations. I didn't want to put this one down. Clear your schedule and enjoy the ride!
I think I should have read the other books in this series first, I had a hard time following it because I hadn't.
Loved this book! I didn't realize it was part of a series, but that didn't detract from the mystery and the unexpected twist and turns! I will definitely have to go back to read the first books in the series!
This was a fantastic addition to the Natalie Marsh series. The plot was well-paced and captivating from start to finish. The characters were well-developed; complex, and intriguing. I highly recommend this suspenseful and exciting read. Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the advanced copy of the book.
Fantastic mystery. Wonderful writing. This is my first Stephanie Black book, but while I can see that it would be more rewarding to start the series with the first book, I didn’t feel lost or confused jumping into the series with book five. I definitely want to go back and read the first four though! Thank you NetGalley for the copy, the review is my own opinion.
Ohmyword, so much going on with this story!

Natalie and Gideon indeed get their "entanglement with the police" punch-cards punched once again despite the situation not having anything directly to do with them. But involved they get in several situations and by the time they figure out how severe they are, it's too late to back out.

In true Stephanie Black fashion, there's a lot of action and a lot of whodonit guessing. Every time I thought I had it, I really didn't. The emotional investment kept me on the edge at all times, and I had to read carefully to make sure I didn't miss any clues.

I hope we see more of Natalie and Gideon getting embroiled in things they shouldn't again.

I received a copy from the publisher through NetGalley and this is my honest opinion.
COME, GENTLE NIGHT by STEPHANIE BLACK  is a real page turner, full of twists and turns, with a plot that will really keep you guessing.
Jemma Bartholomew’s life changes when she meets and falls for Rowan Montrose at a fund raising at Daffodil House. She is fiercely protective of this man she has just met and suggests that he gets hold of Dr Natalie Marsh, a psychiatrist who has helped the police in murder cases before, to help his brother Brett who has been accused of killing his wife Serena.
The scene is set for a great deal of excitement ….and I am not going to tell you any more for fear of spoiling things for you!
I found Come, Gentle Night a most enjoyable and exciting read and I highly recommend the novel to anyone who enjoys a good thriller.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Covenant Communications. The opinions in this review are completely my own.
This series. These books. They are just so darn good. Black just has a way of writing that pulls you in from the very beginning and then you're sucked in the whole time. It really was a great read. And I couldn't remember a ton from the other books, but it didn't hinder anything in this one. It definitely still read as an independent book if the other ones haven't been read yet.
Just when you figure it out you find out there’s another twist
This book will capture you!  This book starts out so calmly and then turns on a dime to bring in repercussions from a death from a few years back.  Soon the police are pulled in with claims of police bias because of that case.  Natalie, a psychologist, is pulled in not only because of client involvement but co-worker and friend involvement.  Soon it becomes obvious that what appears to be just resentment accompanied with some anger, is something much, much larger with physical attacks, secrets, misdirection, missing information, and even more deaths.  This book is impossible to put down as each page seems to deepen and increase the complexity of the story.  A great book and great read.  Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for the copy.  This is my review and all thoughts are my own.
This book was nothing like I expected to be honest, and i’m not sure if that was good or bad. I was really intrigued while reading but there were parts I thought were a bit unnecessary. However it was a pretty decent read, I liked the characters and how everything flowed in unison, also that last chapter was something else. I’m now a bit curious to read more of this author, I found her writing style very refreshing!
Thank you Netgalley for providing this copy!