Cover Image: Draw Like an Artist: 100 Cartoon Animals

Draw Like an Artist: 100 Cartoon Animals

Love, love this book. Very easy to follow and beautiful results. The book start anyone of with a animal to draw by presenting a starting shape, and continues to show how adding line features, an animal carton takes shape. Lots of animals to practice with and all with simple lines to achieve some very cute results. The book relies on copy in without written instructions and it gain a lot by this approach. Great book
Draw Like an Artist: 100 Cartoon Animals by Keilidh Bradley is a fantastic beginner manual to drawing animals. The simple step by step process to creating these animals is clear and concise. A great beginner course for people learning how to draw. The variety  in the animals is perfect as well, there are lots of choices of animals making this book great for a wide range of people. Learning how to draw, with a focus on animals, has never been easier.
This is definitely a “how to” book for those whom drawing is already a talent. But it’s got some great options and I can’t wait to keep trying!
Interested in Drawing Simple Cartoon Animals?
Independent animated film maker Keilidh Bradley presents her book "Draw Like an Artist: 100 Cartoon Animals. Step-by-Step Creative Line Drawing - A Sourcebook for Aspiring Artists and Designers", published by Quarto Publishing Group – Quarry. The book is part of the series "Draw Like an Artist... " The book is divided into nine sections: 1) Domestic Mammals, 2) African Mammals, 3) Asian Mammals, 4) Australian Mammals, 5) European Mammals, , 6) Mammals, 7) Amphibians and Aquatic Creatures, 8) Birds, and 9) Reptiles. In the introduction under "How to use the book" Bradley writes: "In cartooning, there are limitless styles available to draw in—the only limit is your imagination! Therefore, this book demonstrates a range of approaches to animal character design, from flat, graphic shapes to more realistic and dimensional construction. I recommend trying a few of the approaches to identify one you feel most comfortable with, then do more in that style. As you progress, you can take the skills learned from following one method to tackle more challenging animals" (p.6).
The book presents a great variety of animals. Although the last sketch for every animal is done in black-gray-white it needs little imagination to color them if one so desires. I have to confess that I am a beginner when it comes to drawing. Every animal is presented with six sketches which will be really a help for the aspiring artist. I highly can recommend this book for beginners who like to engage in drawing.
The complimentary copy of this book was provided by the publisher through NetGalley free of charge. I was under no obligation to offer a positive review. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
#DrawLikeAnArtist100CartoonAnimals	#Netgalley
Draw Like an Artist: 100 Cartoon Animals is a step by step tutorial book for learning to draw a large variety of cartoon animals in approximately 6 steps from initial lines to completed animal.  It is perfect for children and beginner artists alike.  The drawings are simple but fun. and will sharpen your observation skills as well as improve your drawing ability.  There are different styles and lots of animals to complete so something for everyone.   Overall a great little book.
Definitely a book I'm interested in purchasing for my 6 year old niece who loves to draw!

The first several pages provide advice and instruction and the remaining pages are dedicated to sketching 100 cartoon animals.  Each cartoon shows a progression of six steps from initial lines to finished cartoon.  All simply shown on the same page.  Very clean and simple.  This format really "draws you in" and makes it look so easy that you want to just give it a try.

Really loved Draw Like an Artist: 100 Cartoon Animals.

Thank you to NetGalley for providing the advance read copy of Draw Like an Artist: 100 Cartoon Animals by Keilidh Bradley in exchange for an honest review.  Publisher is Quarto Publishing Group-Quarry.  Publication date is June 14, 2022..

Need to add a GoodReads shelf.  Plan to purchase shelf.
This is a simple step-by-step drawing book for very child-like cartoon animals. They remind me of animals you'd see in an old Disney movie. Each one has a series of example sketches showing how to make it using circles and shapes. They are in black and white without special instruction pages. They are a little too childish for my purposes but are great if you're looking for something for kids' illustrations. I also prefer not to have the "draw a circle, then add these rectangles, then smooth it out and add this shape, then erase this part, then morph into this shape..." kind of instructions, but I know they're very popular with others. Lots of animals depicted.

I read a temporary digital ARC of this book for review.
Another great book for anyone looking to learn how to draw. Easy to follow instructions and done in a simplistic way for anyone to learn. I wanted this tutorial to break out and be different from so many others like this, maybe even the animals being a bit more likeable, however, still a solid step-by-step instructional guide.

A sincere thank you to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing Group – Quarry Books for providing me an advanced copy of “Draw Like an Artist: 100 Cartoon Animals” in exchange for an honest review. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to read this story and leave my review voluntarily.
A really good and easy to follow drawing tutorial, full of lots of interesting cartoon animals, my only niggle is that it is lacking in colour, making the pages appear bland and unexciting.