Cover Image: Targeted

Targeted

All Three Novellas Will Have Your Heart Racing In More Ways Than One!

Each Novella is full of suspense and romance! The authors bring back some characters from other books which is always fun! This is a nice introduction to these authors if you have never read their books you will want to search them out! You also get to revisit characters from their past books!

On the Run by Lynette Eason was a race from the start!

Deadly Objective by Lynn H. Blackburn

Caught in the Crosshairs by Natalie Walters.

I received a complimentary ARC of this book from NetGalley on behalf of the Publisher and was under no obligation to post a favorable review.
Go on the run with FBI agent Daria and Dr. Ryker as they try to find out who is targeting Daria before it is too late, watch Emily the physical therapist and Liam the Secret Service agent protect the Vice President's son from political conspirators, and see CIA officers Ari and Claudia try to uncover a dangerous Saudi coup that directly affects the USA in these three thrilling stories.

I enjoyed these three suspenseful stories very much. My favorite story was the first because of the characters and the plot: I couldn't put it down! The doctor was so faithful in watching over Daria, even to his own peril, that it was sweetly romantic. The second story was great because of the teen boy's character development and the banter between him, Emily, and Liam. Not to mention how awesome Liam was the whole time. The third story was very intense, but the relationship between Ari and Claudia was also fun at times. Any one of these stories would make a great action movie. I just couldn't stop reading until I reached the end of each of these stories, and then I needed to take a couple of breaths because the plots were so tense and exciting. I'm so glad there are Christian suspense and thriller novels because I love the genre, but it's hard to find good books that don't have objectionable content in them these days. I am definitely going to go back and read these authors' other books as well as those coming out in the future. Read these stories! You'll be glad you did!

I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book through NetGalley. A positive review was not required, and all opinions expressed are entirely my own.
Targeted is a collection of three romantic suspense novellas written by three of the top Christian suspense writers. The collection includes:
In On the Run by Lynette Eason
In Deadly Objective by Lynn H. Blackburn
In Caught in the Crosshairs by Natalie Walters
I loved this collection and could not pick my favorite of three. It would be a hard choice to do so. Every one of them are full of action, suspense, mystery, adventure, unpredictable twists and turns and, best of all, romance. The whole book is one that is not easily to put down. I greatly enjoyed it.

I am giving Targeted a very well deserved five stars. Readers who enjoy clean and quick romantic suspense will most definitely want to pick it up and immersed themselves into these three novellas.

I received Targeted from the publisher, but was not required to write a positive review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.
I was looking forward to getting to read this collection mainly because I had grown to love Lynn H Blackburn's books and I was excited to get another glimpse into the Defend and Protect characters. I had read Lynette Eason's books before and enjoyed them but I had never read Natalie Walters before, so I was curious to read this collection. In On the Run by Lynette Eason, we get a glimpse of Daria Nevsky from Eason's Blue Justice series. In that series, Linc and Allie St. John help rescue Daria from the clutches of her father's criminal organization. That was probably my favorite book in the Blue Justice series, so I really enjoyed getting a glimpse back into Daria's world as her father's past comes back to haunt her even from beyond the grave. It didn't grip me as much as some of Eason's other books, but I had already grown to care about Daria as a character which made me invested in she and Ryker's story and Eason does a great job ramping up the suspense as Daria and Ryker are running from people that want to take Daria's life. There were definitely several moments that had me on the edge of my seat.
I was most looking forward to Deadly Objective by Lynn H Blackburn because I had already loved GIl and Ivy's story in Malicious Intent so I couldn't wait to read Emily and Liam's story in this novella. Emily is a physical therapist in Washington DC treating the vice president's son and Liam is one of the Secret Service agents protecting him. Emily has her walls up with Liam because her brother almost got killed in his work as a Secret Service agent so she does not want to let herself love Liam because she is afraid she would lose him. The attacks against the VP's son ramp up pushing Liam and Emily closer together as they work to protect him. I loved getting to see how their personalities complemented each other and how Emily learned that real, sacrificial love is worth it. Not to mention, the suspense of them waiting on the defense for the next attack to try and stop it had me on the edge of my seat. I loved this one.
I had never read Natalie Walters before reading Caught in the Crosshairs. It took me a little while to get into this novella, mainly because I think I had to be in the right mood for it, but once I got into it, it made me want to read more of Natalie Walters' books. Claudia and Ari were not two people you would think would end up falling for each other. Claudia doesn't think she could be a good wife and mom and Ari has a reputation as a ladies' man. As Claudia and Ari's jobs as CIA agents get them drawn into an international plot of intrigue they begin to see that there is so much more to each other than meets the eye. I really enjoyed seeing how Ari drew Claudia out of her shell and how Claudia learned to look beyond the surface with Ari. I grew more interested as the action and danger grew to a culmination, but my favorite part was seeing Ari and Claudia learn to love each other.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this novella collection from Eason, Blackburn and Walters.
This book was really good. I loved all three stories in this one! All told by my favorite authors! :o) I hope they will collaborate like this again! :)
When three of your favorite suspense authors release a novella collection you of course jump at the chance to read it!

On the Run by Lynette Eason
I loved that we got Daria’s story, and what a story it was! The action was well paced and kept me on the edge of my seat turning pages and even staying up late to finish! The romance was well done for a novella and I really liked Ryker and Daria together!

Deadly Objective by Lynn H Blackburn
I’ve fallen a bit behind on this authors books so didn’t recognize the carryover characters but that didn’t stop me from enjoying it! I liked how the characters had already been building a friendship that was easy to turn into romance and I really loved the two of them together. There was banter and action in spades and I thoroughly enjoyed every page!

Caught in the Crosshairs by Natalie Walters
You’ve gotta love a CIA story, especially when it’s written by one of the best in the biz! Ari and Claudia had chemistry in spades and had great banter too! With danger around every corner the suspense had me hooked and I wanted to not stop reading!

All in all this was a wonderfully done collection and each story was fantastic!
From the very first page of Lynn Blackburn's Deadly Objective I was pulled in by the connection between Emily and Liam, they just had the perfect balance of chemistry without being blatantly annoying.

Mason on the other hand... He was a kid I did not like, not at first, he kinda grew on me as the story unfolded because the kid became not so annoying and very sweet.

The discussion on love and being hard to love was such a good conversation. It made me love the romance in the story so much more since it proved to be a real love story with true love and not a surface fling-like love that you sometimes come across.

Okay, I've been writing this review a little differently as I no longer have the time to read a book in one setting so this is a bit rambley... But! Mason, the sweetheart, oh goodness! He doesn't give the best first impression, but then once he's on page a bit more, man, he's a sweetheart and really sells the whole book!

The suspense was well done, as always from Lynn Blackburn. The romance was so sweet and not at all rushed even in a shorter story.

All in all, I loved it.

I voluntarily received and reviewed a complimentary ebook or physical copy of this book which I received from the author and/or publisher or blog tour coordinator All views expressed are only my honest opinion and are in no way influenced by others views or wishes.
“Targeted” is a collection of three romantic suspense novellas (short stories).

“On the Run” by Lynette Eason includes 20 chapters and although it’s a short story, I felt like the plot and characters were very well developed. Dr. Ryker meats FBI IT Specialist Daria after she is attacked and is treated in his ER. The two of them worked well together and it was interesting (and such a small world) that they found they had some common acquaintances. I also enjoyed hearing about secondary characters from older Lynette Eason books that I have read. Clean romance, lots of suspense and action, with awesome characters!!

“Deadly objective” is the second novella and includes 18 chapters and an epilogue with main characters physical therapist Emily and Secret Service agent Liam. They both find themselves protecting The Second Lady of the United States (SLOTUS) along with her teenage son Mason from a possible threat. This story had great characters-even ones from previous Lynn Blackburn books! Clean romance with steady suspense and action!!

“Caught in the Crosshairs” is the third novella and includes 17 chapters and an epilogue with main characters CIA officer Claudia and Ari. This was probably my least favorite story of this collection because I had a hard time connecting with the characters and story line, but it still included good suspense and action.

What an awesome collection of stories with amazing authors! Highly recommend this collection!

I received a copy of this book complimentary for blog and social media review. All opinions are my own.
Loved this one! Three short installments about familiar character from three favourite authors… what more could I ask for!! I enjoyed this one immensely! And it has made me even more excited for the next installments in each of their individual series! An ideal holiday read when you don’t have a lot of time to read, because it’s easy to breeze through a novella, but the stories are full and complex despite their short length! Don’t miss out on this one!!
In these three romantic suspense novellas, you meet heroines and heroes who have big challenges to overcome and are facing life-threatening dangers.

In On the Run, Daria Nevsky, an IT specialist with the FBI, pits her skills against a group who definitely wants her dead. Dr. Ryker Donahue is by her side after one almost-successful attempt and they face the threats together.

In Deadly Objective, physical therapist to the second family of the United States finds herself in grave danger, standing side-by-side with Secret Service agent Liam Harper as they protect the son of the vice president from harm.

In Caught in the Crosshairs, CIA officer Claudia Gallegos finds herself on the run after she’s implicated in the death of a Saudi prince. She’s not ready to trust former Army PSYOPS officer Ari Blackman, but it will take the two of them working together to prevent a coup.

This collection of three novellas will have you rooting for these heroines and heroes to overcome all dangers and to admit to their attraction to one another. There’s not a weak link in this collection. Each story is a pleasure to read.
On the Run by Lynette Eason
Daria Nevsky is a highly skilled hacker who finds herself in danger when her father's secrets come back to haunt her. A fast paced read with familiar faces that I was happy to see return. Ryker is an amazing guy, quick thinking on his feet, ready to jump in and help.

Deadly Objective Lynn H. Blackburn

Emily Dixon is determined not to fall for someone who runs towards danger like her brother. But her job has her working along side Agent Liam Harper, and they must work together to protect their client before its too late. A fast paced read with great characters, and interaction. I liked how this book balanced the action and romance.

Caught in the Crosshairs by Natalie Walters

Claudia and Ari find themselves working against the clock to prevent a possible war with the Middle East, they must put aside their misgivings about each other for the great good. A fast paced read, filled with action and a great addition to this collection of fantastic novellas by top notch authors. I liked how the relationship developed and grew over the course of the book.

Targeted was a good read. It contains three novellas by different authors - On the Run by Lynette Eason, Deadly Objective by Lynn H. Blackburn, and Caught in the Crosshairs by Natalie Walters.

The first novella, On the Run, was not a favorite. For some reason I just couldn't connect with the characters and found the storyline unbelievable at times.

Deadly Objective was my favorite novella in this collection. Even though I haven't read Blackburn's book Malicious Intent (2nd book in the Defend and Protect series) yet, it was neat to see characters from that series and I'm eager to pick up that book soon. I liked the romance and how it wasn't insta-love and it held my attention.

Caught in the Crosshairs was a good story. I enjoyed it quite a bit, but did find that the story seemed to move very quickly and seemed a bit rushed at times. I still enjoyed it, though, and hope to see these characters in more of Walters' books.

All in all, Targeted was an enjoyable read.

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention/review it on my blog. I was not required to give a positive review, only my honest opinion - which I've done. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own and I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.*
Ooo, this one was high on my TBR, but these ladies are a powerhouse team and I loved every page of this exciting read! I'm loving these new author teams, and Targeted was a thrilling read. I loved all three of these actionpacked thrillers, and look forward to reading more from Lynn H. Blackburn! I've been a long time fan of Lynette Eason, and read one of Natalie Walter's earlier books, but I loved seeing more stories from them as well in this one!
On the Run

I’m a huge fan of Lynette Eason and I when I found out about Targeted: Three Suspense Novellas it was a no-brainer that it would on my TBR list and that I would read it ASAP. Ms. Eason writes On the Run in Targeted. On the Run tells the story of Daria, an FBI agent whose expertise is computers, and Ryker, a doctor. From page one of the story, Daria’s life is constantly in danger due to her now dead Father’s illegal dealings. As Daria is on the run for her life, she is befriended by the doctor treating her, Ryker. After finding out they have mutual friends in law enforcement, Ryker helps out Daria to find out who is after her and why.

I love the high-paced action that Lynette Eason always weaves into her books from page one. It’s as if her writing gets better with each piece of writing she publishes. I love how on-the-edge of your seat On the Run is written and how it keeps you captivated until the very end. I love the personalities of Daria and Ryker and how their relationship evolves. Daria’s computer expertise and how she attempts to rescue herself from danger, to me, is reminiscent of Penelope from the TV show, Criminal Minds.

Deadly Objective

Lynn H. Blackburn’s Deadly Objective is another high-paced story in Targeted: Three Suspense Novellas. Deadly Objective is a story that takes place at the Vice President’s Residence. Physical Therapist (PT) Emily is charged with the difficult task of helping the Vice President’s teenaged son, Mason, get his arm back in working order after an injury. One day while doing a PT session, the Vice President’s Residence is attacked. Emily, Mason, and Mason’s Secret Service Agent, Liam are whisked away to a secret location until things are figured out and there is no longer a threat. When there is a lull since the attack, it is agreed that Liam and Emily will take Mason on a pre-planned camping trip, thinking all will be fine. All is fine until the threat hit’s home and the real reason for the attack is revealed.

Deadly Objective is the first story I have read from Lynn H. Blackburn, but it won’t be the last! I love the fast-pace action in the book and that it centered around the Vice Presidency. I love the characters of Emily, Mason, and Liam. I love Emily’s personality and how protective she becomes of Mason. I love how Mason’s character grows and learns through the story. I love Liam’s integrity and how protective he is of Mason and Emily. I also love how Emily and Liam’s relationship evolves in the story. Also, I was pleasantly surprised as to how the perpetrator was able to weave themselves into the Vice Presidential Circle.

Caught in the Crosshairs

I am a big fan of Natalie Walters’ and am happy Ms. Walters wrote a story for Targeted: Three Suspense Novellas. Ms. Walters’ Caught in the Crosshairs is the third story and final story in Targeted: Three Suspense Novellas. Caught in the Crosshairs tells the story of Claudia, a CIA agent, who is contacted by those associated with Saudi Royalty, declaring an emergency Stateside. When Claudia goes to check on the situation she stumbles (literally) into a gruesome crime scene involving the murder of a Saudi Royal. As Claudia let’s her CIA bosses know, colleague Ari is put in charge of the CIA part of the investigation. As Ari and (unofficially) Claudia are on the case, clues are given that look like Claudia’s family could also be in danger. While Ari and Claudia are trying to untangle and put together the clues to solve the case, they become closer.

I love that Ms. Walters wrote a story that has a culturally diverse cast of characters. I love the relationship that Ari and Claudia develop. I also love that Claudia’s character struggles with wanting it all and that Ari encourages her that she can. I love the creative ways that Claudia and Ari worked to solve the case. Caught in the Crosshairs is very reminiscent of the high drama shows that I love to watch.

Targeted: Three Suspense Novellas (as a whole):

I absolutely love Targeted: Three Suspense Novellas as a whole! The stories from Lynette Eason, Lynn H. Blackburn, and Natalie Walters are very fast-paced and succinct. All three of the stories keep you on the edge of your seat from page one until the very end. I understand that Targeted: Three Suspense Novellas is an anthology of stories, so the stories are short. I came away from all the stories wanting more and wishing there was more details and descriptions about my favorite parts in the book. As a whole, I highly recommend Targeted: Three Suspense Novellas by Lynette Eason, Lynn H. Blackburn, and Natalie Walters. You will be taken on a wild ride and stay on the edge of your seat from the beginning until the very end of Targeted: Three Suspense Novellas!

Thank you to NetGalley and the Publisher for the opportunity to read this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.  My review is also on Goodreads and my blog, Leslie's Library Escape.
Each of the three stories in this book - by three of the top suspense writers in the Revell stable of authors - can be raced through in a few hours, but be prepared for an adrenaline-amping ride!

In "On the Run" Lynette Eason gives IT specialist and ace computer hacker Daria Nevsky from her Extreme Measures series her own story. Her father may have been a crime kingpin, but Daria works for the good guys. Finding out who wants her dead will take all of her skills, plus those of Dr. Ryker Donahue.

In Deadly Objective, Lynn Blackburn puts physical therapist Emily Dixon in the wrong place for her safety, but in the right place to help protect the vice president's teen son. Secret Service Agent Liam Harper is tasked with protecting the vice president's family, but when that protection needs to extend to Emily, can they keep their hearts out of the equation?

CIA officer Claudia Gallegos walks in immediately following the murder of a Saudi prince on US soil in Natalie Walters' Caught in the Crosshairs. Army PSYOPS officer Ari Blackman is sent to investigate. Can they work together to clear Claudia's name and find the real killer before they find themselves in the sights of a murderer?

I love books like this. Each story is taken from a series the authors have written so the characters have a bit of background that can be found in other books. Each story is short and races to its conclusion.

I have no problem recommending this one. I've read the first two of Eason's Extreme Measures series and have book 3 cued up on my Kindle. I've also read books by the other two authors and know they write great suspense.
Will love overcome every danger?

I really came to appreciate these romantic suspense novella collections a few years ago. When you add the fact that this one features more than one of my favorite authors in that genre, well, that just made Targeted even better.

Each of the stories in this collection is filled with the author's, Lynette Eason, Lynn H. Blackburn, and Natalie Walters, trademark edge of your seat suspense and spark-filled romance. I enjoyed all three of the novellas in Targeted. It was so much fun to finally get to read the stories of some special side characters I remember from previous series' by these authors. It was kinda like checking in with old friends.

If you are up for a collection of novellas from some of the top names in Christian romantic suspense, if you like stories that are long enough to be interesting and short enough to finish in a single sitting, and if you need a vacation from boredom Targeted just might the book for you...

(I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are entirely my own.)
What a fantastic novella collection! I love all three authors, though Natalie Walters is a newer-to-me author than the others. I loved connecting with the characters in all three stories; I have been following Lynette Eason and Lynn Blackburn for some time so I was able to immediately find my footing with the main characters. Surprisingly I was able to do the same with Natalie Walters' characters though I had not read the series that her novella alluded to.

Each story has adrenaline-filled action, fast-paced and fascinating plot, strong and capable heroines, protective and tender heroes, and a solid faith thread. I loved reconnecting with Daria in Lynette Eason's story; how her past weaves into her present situation was quite clever. Learning more about Emily in Lynn Blackburn's story was so much fun. The unraveling of the reasons behind the attack on the vice president's family was very well done. Claudia's international intrigue in Natalie Walters' story was intense and exciting. Now I must read the author's first series of books to better acquaint myself with Claudia's family and friends.

If you enjoy romantic suspense, this novella collection will surely be a hit. I received the book from the publisher via NetGalley and was under no obligation to post a positive comment. All opinions are my own.
Three separate novellas in one book by three incredibly popular romantic suspense authors, Lynette Eason, Lynn H. Blackburn, and Natalie Walters. This book's November 1st release has been highly anticipated by me and my friends, and we've made plans to read it together in December, after which I will post my thoughts of it in a full review.

My Anticipated ⭐ Rating: 4/5 stars

Note: Thank you so much Revell for sending me a free Advance Reader Copy of this book!
This trilogy of fast-paced novellas offers an overdose of action and intrigue. The gripping tales are plot heavy and didn’t seem to have the depth of character as the authors’ full-length novels, so I had trouble connecting with the characters. However, the short thrillers are definitely exciting and filled with dangerous situations and unexpected surprises. I received a copy from the publisher through NetGalley. All opinions are my own. #Targeted #NetGalley
Targeted by Lynette Eason Lynn H. Blackburn and Natalie Walters s an anthology of three novellas tied to a series that each of the authors have. This is a wonderful way to get to now new authors. For me I am a big fan of Lynette Eason but the other two were new to me. I enjoyed each story so I now have three authors to put on my TBR list.

In On the Run by Lynette Eason starts out with action, remaining so through the entire story. IT Specialist Daria Nevskyis definitely on the run without really knowing who is after her. Exciting story.

In Deadly Objective, physical therapist Emily Dixon and Secret Service Agent Liam Harper suddenly find themselves together protecting the vice president’s son from deadly danger. Lynne Blackburn is a newer author for me. I enjoyed this novella.

Natalie Walters another new to me author has In Caught in the Crosshairs. This has a murder mystery that has the heroine, CIA officer Claudia Gallegos as a suspect. Of course, by the end the truth comes out.

Three romantic suspense novellas that are fast paced, jumping right into the plot. Being novellas there is not as much time to develop the characters but still well done. For a clean story that tell a great story these are great.

The publisher through Net Galley provided a digital ARC. I have voluntarily decided to read and review, giving my personal opinions and thoughts.