Cover Image: Bootcamp for Broken Hearts

Bootcamp for Broken Hearts

"He catches me looking, makes his fingers into a gun shape and pretends to blow his own brains out. I smirk, grateful someone else isn't getting this. I feel slightly less of an uncultured prick now."

Bootcamp for Broken Hearts is just a pure delight. Plain and simple. In it we meet Nora Brown, getting close to forty, divorced from her daughter's father, running a cafeteria. Her friends feel it is time for romance, and send Nora on a love bootcamp (all the rage from the US). Rather reluctantly, she agrees to go. She soon meets Will, another reluctant participant. He is a separated-but-married journalist, who is only there to write a story about the retreat. Yet the two of them can't help connecting as they make fun of the whole ordeal together.

Every now and then you find a book that just vibes well. Where the characters are all interesting and easy to imagine. Where the main character could be a copy of your own brain, thoughts, hopes and wishes. Where the dry humor just 100% hits the spot. For me, Bootcamp for Broken Hearts was that book. More than once during the train ride on which I read this book were people looking at me funny, and I realized I was laughing out loud or smirking like an idiot. Beyond the connection I felt with Nora and Nick, but also some of the side characters, there is more to this book than snark, romance and some steam. It is the story of a 40-year old woman finding new purpose in life, accepting where she it and what she deserves. I recommend this one to absolutely anyone looking for a quick, fun, self-affirming romance novel.
Looking for a fun read? Look no more -
This could be just the read you're looking for!
Nora Brown says she's happily single
But her sister, daughter and friend want her to mingle.

For her fortieth birthday they give her a treat
A stay in a castle should really be neat
But this is a 'bootcamp' for 'singles' so she's not sure
Just why she's there or what she's looking for!

Get ready for fun, connections and chances
As everyone there explores why they've failed at romances.
A wake up call, with yoga, talks and much more
As they're encouraged their expectations and life to explore.

Such a fun read, laugh out loud in parts
And others that will certainly warm up your heart.
There are great characters, surprise and laughter, too,
So I have no hesitation in highly recommending it to you.

For my complementary copy, I say thank you,
As I share with you this, my honest review
This is such a fun, feel good, funny and romantic rom com of a book. It's really easy to read and perfect for these gorgeous sunny days we are having recently.

In this book we meet our leading lady Nora. Who is completely happy being single. All the men who have entered her life have mistreated her and have been selfish, cheats and liars and have broken her heart far too many times. Nora would rather be alone then to let another man into her life. But her family have been on her back constantly telling her that she needs to find a good man and to settle down. So to keep them all quite so decides to go to a singles bootcamp called romance reboot which is in a gorgeous Scottish Highlands castle.

The castle is absolutely stunning, it is surrounded by gorgeous waterfalls, it is peaceful and with sweeping landscapes all around. It seems to be exactly what she needs to recharge her batteries.

Then Nora meets will who has gone to the retreat for research purposes for work and they hit it off immediately. But neither of them want to open up fully to each other and as these things always go there is always secrets and misunderstandings standing in each others ways.
Nora was pretty sure she was done with romance, and since all the men in her life had been cheating jerks she was okay with that. But then for her birthday, Nora’s sister sends her on a romantic ‘bootcamp’ for singles. Not wanting to offend her sister, she agrees to go and there she meets Will. He’s not there to find love either and so the two agree to hang out, pretending to be a couple to keep any would be suitors at bay. But you now what they say about even the best laid plans, and soon Nora begins to have real feelings. This was a super cute rom-com with some great characters and some actual laugh out loud moments. It’s an excellent beach read. Thanks so much to Bookouture and NetGalley for allowing me to read and review an eARC of Bootcamp for Broken Hearts.

Thank You Netgalley and Bookouture for this digital ARC for Bootcamp for Broken Hearts

Release date: July 6th 2022

4.25 ⭐️
I love the setting of the book, it’s very different. Nora got sent to bootcamp for broken hearts people because her sister and her friend, and her daughter charlie desperately want her to go back in the dating world after 10 years of being a single mom and have fun and start dating again. It was so much more then her love story, it was her finding herself through it
This was such an uplifting read! I would pick it up at bed time thinking I'll put it away after a few pages but who was I kidding? It kept me up at night, every night, until I finished!

I love the descriptions of the scenery at the retreat but more special than that was the advice and tips from the bootcamp that I felt was so apt for me at the time I was reading! God's (not the universe's!) way of talking to me, perhaps.

Thank you, Bookouture.
“‘Where even the most broken hearts can heal.’ I cringe. It’s like a tagline from a Hallmark movie.”

I love this sentiment that Nora has when she’s almost forced to go to this boot cap by her loved ones.
I can identify with the likable Nora as a single mom and loved reading her story of being okay with her life to the new adventure she embarks on.

Thank you Joanna Bolouri, Bookouture & NetGalley for my copy! All opinions are my own.
This is the first Joanna Bolouri book that I have read, and loved the quirky title and colourful cover. The story is as the title suggests and a lovely read.
Nora is a single mother to daughter Charlie, age 14, and part owner of Cafe 12.  Very soon, she is turning 40 and not looking forward to it.  She and her best friend, Victoria are equal owners of the cafe.  While it does good business, they feel it may need a makeover.

Nora’s sister, Faith, thinks she should do something very special to celebrate her upcoming birthday but she feels otherwise.  She would be content to have a quiet evening at home on her own watching television.  Ah, but Faith has other ideas.

Nora has no idea what to expect from this bootcamp and is skeptical of the sessions as they are announced.  There are classes on expressing their in-depth feelings; yoga; meditation; and other new-age (sorry) nonsense.  She often gets paired with Will, a man separated from his wife yet wanting to still be with her.  These sessions are supposed to enlighten the attendees about their inner selves, their fears, and how others perceive them.

Some of this is humorous, some had me rolling my eyes, and one thing I learned is that I would never waste my money and my time to attend something like this.  But there are people that would so that’s what the book is about.  I’m sure that many readers will love this book.  My favorite part is the humor.  Enjoy.

Copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.
 What a perfect summer read ☺️ This book won me over and I can't recommend it enough. It is an absolutely hilarious romantic comedy that you won't want to put down
.The characters are all so relatable and well developed and they all  bring a certain something to the story. I was particularly fond of Nora's journey and her emotional growth wanting her to get her happily ever after
 We all know how it ends but we all want to find out the path she took to get there and what happened so she can get there.  I have to say that I found myself in stitches at times  and couldn't stop laughing and my heart melted at some beautiful scenes
This was my first Joanna Bolouri read but definitely not the last. I am looking forward to reading her new books
This was an entertaining, well-written book. It was fun and held my interest. I didn't want to put it down. I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to others.
TBFBH is a lighthearted, laugh out loud romcom as we join Nora Brown on her Romance Reboot bootcamp.

Well written, highly entertaining and a thoroughly enjoyable read. I've never read any of Bolouri's books before, but will be looking to read more of them in the future.

The characters are all well developed, relatable and all bring their own something to the story.

Many thanks to Bookouture for my tour spot.

Rating ⭐⭐⭐
Bootcamp for Broken Hearts was a delightful read. I loved the characters, and was truly invested in Nora's growth through the course of the book. The author's use of comedy was fantastic and timed perfectly, and had me in stitches at points. Well done - I look forward to Joanna's next book!

Thank you to the author and publisher for providing me with an ARC through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
The premise was promising, but the book exceeded all my expectations! It was so so good, full of hilarIous banter, heartwarming and a cute romance thrown in. A perfect summer read that will leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling.
Nora is someone a lot of women might relate to, a single mother nearing middle age, never making herself a priority and jaded in love.
She finds the idea of a romance retreat ridiculous but begrudgingly agrees to the birthday present.
Her banter with Will was cute, funny and their speed dating experience had me cringing. 🤣 Will is now one of my favourite book boyfriends.
I enjoyed the fact that there was a lot of talk about positive manifestation and law of attraction in the book and that's all I will say to avoid any spoilers.
The character building was good, the writing crisp and witty, the plot flowed smoothly and the backstories were provided at the appropriate intervals. The slowburn added to the charm of this book!
I binge read this on a Saturday and was so glad I did.
Pick it up if you are looking for a cute and fun summer read.
I received this ARC from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Nora who’s been single for ten years and has a daughter called Charlie is kind of stuck in rut as she approaches 40, she’s just working and coming home and having no fun at all. The café that she runs with her best friend Victoria is in urgent need of an update just like Nora.

Nora’s sister Faith is always trying to set her up on dates and this time Nora gives in and agrees to go to Romance Reboot!.

This had my laughing my head off! The language and sayings used are exactly how I speak to my friends and it just cracked me up as it’s so down to earth and relatable!.

If you’re looking for a light hearted read that will make you smile and brighten up your day then this is the book for you .
Bootcamp for Broken Hearts by Joanna Bolouri

I received an advance review copy for free thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture and I am leaving this review voluntarily

Nora Brown is totally happy single. The men in her life have all been selfish, cheating liars and being alone is far easier than risking a broken heart again – for her and for her daughter. She’s only going to Romance Reboot – a posh ‘singles’ bootcamp’ at a castle in the Scottish Highlands – to keep her sister quiet.

But surrounded by tumbling waterfalls and sweet birdsong, Nora can’t deny she’s starting to relax. Even better, she finds another guest with no intention of finding love. Will Thomson has dark tousled hair, a sly grin, and a shocking sense of humour. Everybody else hears their laughter and thinks they’re falling for one another, but Nora knows she’s safe – he’s just here on a research trip.

Determined to ignore the spark between them, Nora agrees to be Will’s cover, fending off other suitors with private sniggers over wine and quite convincing public displays of affection. Just when she starts to question if she might be missing something important, she starts to suspect Will might be hiding something from her.

This is an enjoyable summer read. I was sceptical about this book from the start but it soon won me over and I surprised myself when I found myself eager to read on. A predictable ending, but I didn't let that spoil the writing. A great story about getting to know yourself and making positive changes in your life.

Rating 4/5
Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for an early review copy.

For Nora's birthday, her family and friends surprise her with stay at a “Bootcamp” for singles.

She decides to give it a go and when she gets there, Nora notices that the place is posh and she’s soon doing meditation, yoga etc.

Nora doesn’t believe in all this, but slowly she’s doing what she can to change, find herself and mend her broken heart.

I loved Nora’s character, a strong person, who you could relate to. The story made me laugh.

I recommend this book.
This was so good!! I was expecting a light, fluffy romcom but it was so much more! Perfect for an afternoon read by the pool , very hard to put down.
This book really talks to your soul but will also have you laughing at every turn. This was a great read  and really packs a punch.
Nora is happily single, but her daughter and sister send her to a bootcamp for "Romance Reboot" in the Scottish Highlands. Here, she meets Will, who finds it just as ridiculous as she does. Everyone assumes they are falling for each other as they laugh together and hang out. But, it soon looks as though they might be falling for each other after all...

I loved this book! The characters at the bootcamp are hilarious and the scenes with Nora and Will are so well written. Their chemistry is off the charts!  You also see Nora struggle with whether or not she can really trust Will.  There is a lot of growth for her in this book, but the end of this book can go either way- she and Will can end up together or not. What is important is that Nora learns that she can trust again.

Thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for this ARC! All thoughts and opinions are my own.