Cover Image: Crossed

Crossed

I voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of this book, provided by Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

When I first started reading, it was a bit heavy and confusing in the up front - but that's because it's world building, and you need to take into consideration that takes time. As the book went on, and more details were shared, the time flew by, and I read this book rather quickly. I used to read a lot of paranormal books, but paranormal romance is not in my normal rotation. This one is heavy on the mystery, and I wanted to get to the bottom of the mystery surrounding Trinity maybe more than Jayden did haha

Trinity literally drops down in the middle of the street, and she is saved by artist Jayden, who is not very open or honest with Trinity in the beginning, but I have to wonder if the confusion may have been Trinity's inability to, well, people. Trinity starts out blind with amnesia, pretty much, and her narrative could be flawed if taken straight. She doesn't understand slang or sarcasm, so she'd be so lost talking to me.

Jayden has a past, friends, and even a girlfriend, but that doesn't stop him from caring for Trinity when he finds her. He's lucky he has a great support system, and that this book is New Adult - it wouldn't have worked as a YA book haha! With help from his agent (he's an artist, remember?) and the agent's wife, Jayden is able to introduce Trinity to life to see if she can get her memories back. As they spend more time together, their feelings grow, and they realize they are meant to be together for some reason.

That's when Trinity's wings rip free from her shoulder blades.

The story slowly unfolds, but the romance is almost immediate for Trinity and Jayden. As he helps her piece together her life before they met, you can tell they are going to eventually have their happy ending, but it won't be easy because, well, it never is. By the time I got to the end, I wanted to go straight to the next book. But it's not out yet. And now I wait.
The cover made me select this book, me love a nice cover, and the plot seemed interesting. The story grabbed me and I finished quite fast.

3 stars
~ I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own ~
If you enjoy fantasy and my paranormal romance then crossed is for you. Trinity lands from a parallel realm in Minnesota. She finds protection from Jayden brown a struggling artist.   But thw enemies she flew from have followed her they are thrown in a battle for their lives. This book had great mystery and romance read it in one night.