Cover Image: 123 Who Comes Next?

123 Who Comes Next?

It’s very hard for a board book to be supremely memorable. This book is so simple! Count from one to 10. What knocks it out of the park are the illustrations. First there is one child then there is two children then there’s an adult and then it just gets crazy. You get snakes and walruses but they’re all anthropomorphic. The expression on the faces of the illustrated as new illustrations is added makes it fantastic. The mom figure has this OMG look on her face and the look on the kids’ faces change every time something is added. Solid five stars to a board book
This simple counting picture book tells the story of a new person joining the picture on each page. The only words on the page are the number words from 1 to 10, but yet the story will be obvious to young babies and toddlers. This book would be a great fit for small children to develop number sense and literacy concepts such as which way to hold the book and the idea of flipping pages. I would recommend this book to parents of preschool children. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book!
123 Who Comes Next? is a silly counting book, perfect for young children learning to count. I laughed really hard throughout the book while looking at the boy's (number 1's) face as the rest of the creatures pile in the page. You first think that it might be a family counting as it starts off with a young boy, maybe his little sister, then his mom, and then dog. But then things get weird and wacky and I felt like the young boy's facial expressions broke the 4th wall in a sense. I laughed and it was great.

Thank you NetGalley and Star Bright Books for the advanced copy. All opinions are my own.
123 Who Comes Next is a wonderful counting book. Not only for counting, but for making predictions, which is wonderful for little ones. As I read this book with my 3 year old, we talked about what number came next, followed by making predictions as to which person or animal would come next. The illustrations were simple in design, but beautiful.
Representation: 10
Story: 10
Illustration: 10

123 What Comes Next? is a great book to read with children. I loved how there was no text, making it interactive and multifunctional. It can be used to count and learn to sequence, but it also encourages language and storytelling.

** Thanks to the publishers and NetGalley for the ARC in return for an honest review. **