Cover Image: The Wrong Bridesmaid

The Wrong Bridesmaid

The Wrong Bridesmaid was such a cute story! Hazel is the bridesmaid in her sister's wedding. She isn't looking for love or a relationship. Wyatt has to come back to the town he grew up in for his brother's wedding. The town is divided over some development plans that Wyatt's family created. Hazel wants to stay as far away from Wyatt's family as possible but there is a connection between them. One kiss & sparks fly! I love rom-com & Lauren Landish does such a great job of writing it. I was hooked from the start of this book & couldn't put it down.
Thank you NetGalley, Montlake, and Lauren Landish for this e-ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This was a fun read. Though it's not something I'd give 5 stars to, I enjoyed the book. There's one or two spicy scenes, but there's still other scenes where they thoroughly enjoy giving public displays of affection.

The story itself was somewhat slow (except the end) but Hazel and Wyatt were most definitely not, especially Wyatt.

There are moments where the main characters got to me, but it somehow adds to their charm, I guess?

Overall, I'm giving this 3.5 stars.
A small-town family feud romance about Hazel and Wyatt. The plot is interesting and Wyatt was a likable MMC but Hazel was a tough pill to swallow.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book received from the publisher via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Absolutely loved. I couldn’t get enough and didn’t want to put it down Which is typical for this author! She definitely didn’t disappoint. I will for sure be looking out for the next hook by her.
You can never go wrong with this wonderful author! If you are looking for a light romcom with small town drama, lol moments and plenty of steaminess, don’t look any further, Lauren Landish is your gal!

There was a longtime feud between the families of the two main characters in this story, Hazel and Wyatt. Wyatt Ford left this small town many years ago, escaping the control that his uncle and father were trying to force on him. Coming back for his brother’s wedding years later has forced him to see what transpired and spiraled since he left.

Can he stand up to his family and fix all the damage that was done, capturing Hazel’s heart along the way or will she continue to see him in a selfish Ford kind of way and want nothing to do with him?

This book will keep you flipping pages and not want to put it down. I have yet to find a book by Lauren that I haven’t liked, she’s always a sure thing!
It might have been my mood, but this story was just one I struggled with. Based on the description this is one that I thought I would love but when it came down the story it just fell flat for me.
This  is a new to me author and I have to say I am looking forward to reading more by this author!  I loved this book
This is my first opportunity reading something by this author and I found this to be a wonderfully fun, flirty and entertaining romantic comedy. The writing style was easy to follow and the author did a good job of pulling me into the story and keeping my interest till the end. Wyatt has returned home for his brother's wedding. While in town, he meets Hazel and the two hit it off right from the start. At least until she finds out who he really is. Wyatt comes from an influential family who is planning to make developments which the whole town, including Hazel, is against. Despite their mutual attraction, she begins to keep her guard up around him, but he really wants to get to know her and does everything he can to make her see him outside of his family and their name. Also, since they are both in the same wedding, they inevitably keep bumping into each other. These two were really great together. I enjoyed their banter and they had wonderful chemistry. This was a delightfully fun and cute story and I enjoyed it all the way through. Glad to have had the opportunity to read it!
I received a complimentary copy from Netgalley and am voluntarily leaving my review.
This opposites-attract romance follows Wyatt and Hazel.  Wyatt left his hometown of Cold Springs years ago to get away from his influential family and the pressures that came with the last name Ford. Now he's back in town for his younger brother's wedding and not all is well in Cold Springs.  Hazel has lived in Cold Springs her whole life and as a result, she doesn't easily trust anyone with the last name Ford.  The chemistry between them is undeniable, however, they come from two very different sides of Cold Springs.  But as Wyatt discovers what his scheming uncle has been up to in the last few years, he realizes that he can't leave this town - or the people - behind again.  I overall really enjoyed this romance and I liked the twists we got on the usual small town corruption plot.  I loved Wyatt and Hazel on their own, but even better as a duo. They have great chemistry but my favorite scenes were them working together to solve a problem.  There are a ton of great side characters also and the town itself has a ton of personality which I always love in a small town setting.  I had some minor issues with the set-up of how, exactly, the Ford family and Cold Springs were intertwined.  There were some moments that felt conflicting and made me pause for a moment.  I also felt some of the wording in the sex scenes just felt awkward and the phrases chosen for certain acts or bodily fluids I just don't think work for me in a serious and romantic setting.  But overall, this was really fun and I always seem to enjoy Landish's stories.

Thanks to NetGalley and Montlake for the ARC

Publication date was October 25, 2022
WAYYYY too much vulgar spice. The vulgar language made this impossible for me to finish.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for my honest review!
This book was fun! Hazel was adamant she was not interacting with Wyatt Ford but she gave in pretty quickly. The chemistry between these two characters was great and the supporting characters added so much to the story. There were some fairly graphic sex scenes but not too many which made it tolerable even to this prude. I really enjoyed reading this one,

Thanks to NetGalley and Montlake Publishing for the opportunity to read this book.
3.5 Landish Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
You know when you read a Lauren Landish book you are guaranteed smart, savvy women who can hold their own with whomever the love interest is. The Wrong Bridesmaid is no different. Our gal is strong, and there for her friends, and the main love interest is a man who never wanted to be part of anything bad for the town and left years ago so that he could be his own man.

Now he is back for his brother's wedding and hopes to leave after it asap. But as he sees what is happening to the town and by whom, he realizes his quick exit is not going to happen. Also, our gal has caught his eye and he is very interested.

Surprise, She has to be next to him because he is the wedding's Best Man...and maybe he is her Best Man, too...
Thank you netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Unfortunately I could not get into this contemporary romance. The heroine is a bit too vulgar for my taste and the characters abrasive. Just not my type of romance.
I loved this book and couldn't put it down once I started reading it. I was hooked from the very first page and I loved reading every page in this book. This book had the perfect amount of spice, steam, chemistry, banter, and sexy times.
Lauren Landish is a consistently great author for me. I particularly love how she writes her heroines: strong, sometimes quirky, feisty, badasses! And Hazel in THE WRONG BRIDESMAID is all of that and more! I fell in love with the ballsy, pool-hustling Hazel!

And the chemistry between Hazel and Wyatt was FIRE. Wyatt's dysfunctional family basically owns their town and reading as Wyatt found his own path and then stood up for what was right was sweetly satisfying!

The cast of small town characters in THE WRONG BRIDESMAID were fun and totally endearing! Definitely a high point!

And, good Lord, does this author ever bring the STEAM. And I loved ever word of it. All the well-written chemistry between Wyatt and Hazel makes their steamy scenes even better.

I really liked THE WRONG BRIDESMAID. Another great book by Lauren Landish that you should definitely read.

𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗠 𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗟: Rated R / 1-4 descriptive sex scenes, may have harsh language.
𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗚𝗘𝗥𝗦: none
𝗙𝗘𝗘𝗟𝗦: 1/5 - Light and funny Rom-Com with little to no drama.
Small town romantic comedy, fun witty banter, drama, some steam, and great characters.

Years ago Wyatt Ford left his hometown of Cold Springs due to family expectations and a controlling uncle. The only reason he’s returning now is to attend his younger brother’s wedding. Immediately upon arrival, Wyatt notices some big changes at home and around town. What started out as a short trip back home becomes much more as Wyatt sets out to find answers and while doing so he becomes captivated with the made of honor Hazel Sullivan.

This was a fun read. There was never a dull moment in this small town romance full of witty banter and fun characters. This is my honest opinion, freely given.
A quick, fun romantic comedy that brings the expected Landish humor. It’s a small town, opposites attract romance that have sparks fly as they fight their attraction.I loved the banter and heart between our two main characters and I was glad they got their happily-ever-after.
I always love this author’s books but Hazel just might be my favorite character of hers. I loved her personality, her sass and confidence. Even though he is from ‘the wrong family’, the chemistry between Hazel and Wyatt is palpable. Full of small town charm, wit and of course romance, I really loved The Wrong Bridesmaid.
Absolutely loved. I couldn’t get enough and didn’t want to put it down. I will for sure be looking out for more from this author.
A really enjoyable small town romance with great characters, and family angst, Wyatt and Hazel’s story, and a staring role from Lester.😃😃