Cover Image: SNEAK PEEK: Vampire Academy

SNEAK PEEK: Vampire Academy

St. Vladimir’s Academy Is a boarding school for vampires.  They are trained/educated in magic.  Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They’ve been on the run, but now they’re being dragged back to St. Vladimir’s where they’re most in danger.   Will they be able to be safe back at the academy?

This book review is based on a sample.  This novel is the first book in a series.  There isn’t a lot of action in the book but then that may be due to it being a sample.  I like the novel as it was a different vampire story.  I will have to get a copy of the “whole book” to read.
Vampire Academy is a favorite from high school, and I really enjoyed reading it again. Richelle Mead writes fantastic characters and plotlines, and it’s nice to have something hold up years later. This is with the exception that I absolutely forgot how much older Dimitri is???

Spoilers: This time around, I will include moderate content warnings of an age gap romance with a minor. 😵‍💫 I’ve heard in the show that this is edited out (although I cannot confirm myself) at least. This book definitely would be better in a university setting where everyone is eighteen or older.
I quite enjoyed this little sneak peak!  What an epic and exciting beginning to the story. I love a story that begins with a chase! Will definitely be adding this to my TBR to continue reading. Thanks for the sneak peak NetGalley!
I’ve always loved bodyguard type of romances but I’ve never read this kind of book, with a vampire/fantasy twist?? Count me in.  I read the preview and I’m honestly very intrigued. I will definitely buy the book to finish off the story. I didn’t think I’d be that interested but the story has potential and the authors writing makes it feel like an easy read, can’t wait for more!
Thought this was a good but just a snake peak. Now I bso want to read the book.   Ugh. Just a teaser!
It's been years since I read this for the first time and maybe it's because I've grown but there's something in the writing that isn't as appealing as it used to be. That being said, I think the story is still worth reading. I will continue with the rest of it.
While vampire books are nowhere near a new idea, I love that this gives a slightly new spin to the vampire lore. I'd consider it on the higher range of YA, with as it doesn't shy away from mentioning sex even if it doesn't actually show up on page.
After watching the first few episodes of the Vampire Academy show I was interested in reading the books! This sample solidified my interest! I will definitely be reading the rest of the series.
The vampire academy is one of my favorite teenage sagas. I cried, laughed and screamed while reading (mostly crying). However, it remains one of the best urban fantasy sagas for young adult ever written.
You MUST read it.
This book has been on my tbr for a long time. I am very excited to read it. I think the idea is intriguing and I cannot wait to read the whole thing. This sneak peek made this move even further up on my tbr.
This is great reminder of how amazing this series is. I remember spending most of my teenage years consuming these books. I still think about them from time to time, even 15 years later. It’s just a story that sticks with you. I can’t wait to do a full reread of the entire series.

Thank you NetGalley and publishers for a sneak peak of this book!
I freaking love Vampire Academy!! Rose & Dmitiri’s chemistry is undeniable. I love the action and the romance so much.
I know this is YA, but the plot still felt a bit basic. The truth is, there’s barely any plot. And the little there is is pretty cliché.

My other gripe with this one is the plot twist. I guessed it pretty early on, and I’m usually super oblivious with twists - that’s how obvious it was.

That being said, it was still a pretty enjoyable read. The characters are nice to follow, even if they’re not exactly flushed out. And even though it was easy to guess the end of this book, I’m curious to see if this series can still surprise me in the next ones.
“Only a true best friend can protect you from your immortal enemies.”

This book is a YA classic and I can't believe I haven't ever read it. I'm so excited to finally read it and then watch the TV show!
This section of the Sneak Peek really shows the intensity that is continuous through both the whole novel and through the entire series. It is a good introduction into the relationship shared between Rose and Lissa, not just BFFs but some more, something supernatural. Rose is one of the perfect kiss-ass role models showing she'd happily throw punches and flirt when needed but most of all- she is there to protect her Moroi. I love have Mead dances around some elements which makes the audience scream for more, as the chapter progress it starts to reveal them in sizes that make this Sneak Peak- and the rest of the novel ,when it is read, twist and turn.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from #netgalley, thank you. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
This was a fun reminder of how good this series is.  I actually had not read book 1, and instead jumped into book 2 onward after watching the movie a while back.  I will definitely go back and read the full version of this one, especially in light of the TV version coming up.  Thank you for the opportunity to read this excerpt!
Oooooh anything vampires and I'm in! YA or adult are all great and Vampire Academy definitely fits the bill! Great sneak peek! Can't wait to read it fully! Thanks again!
VA is one of my fav series ever! Even though its mostly YA, it hasn't stooped millions of adults from reading it and loving it (like myself)
I remember when this book first came out: I was the perfect age to be the exact audience this book was for, I think I even own several of the series, but for some reason I never actually read them. Now with the tv series coming out and this sneak peek, I think it might finally be time to revisit it!
I absolutely loved this series as a kid and can't resist a reread. I actually picked up the whole book after reading this sampler. I love the characters, especially Rose. I definitely think it is time for a reread of the entire series!