Cover Image: Stories, Dice, and Rocks That Think

Stories, Dice, and Rocks That Think

In this book, the author shows how the ability to imagine the future helped human society to transform the world. Storytelling, probability theory, and computers have helped us escape the limitations of our individual minds. It's a fascinating, informative, and entertaining read.

Thanks, NetGalley, for the ARC I received. This is my honest and voluntary review.
I loved this book. The writing is conversational with some cute wording and puns, making this a fun read. The story-telling is great and the section on statistics is well explained with very little math. The footnotes are also well worth reading. I also loved the pop culture references. It helps create a relationship between the author and the reader. Indeed, Byron Reese is the type of writer I would like to have coffee with. Overall this is a great read. Thank you to Netgalley and BenBella Books for the digital review copy.   .
Just the book for non-fiction readers like me who do not want to pick up a very "serious" non-fiction book but also want to read a fun, informative one.

And this is the one for me. For the life of me, I couldn't finish up read Sapiens, but this one grabbed my attention right from the very first page (I forgot! The blurb got me first!).

I find the contents very accessible for everyone young and old. The presentation of the contents is very easy to the eyes and so it gives the "oh I can read this book very easily" kind of vibes. And so it did too!

I find the division of the main contents into three main sections under fun headings a clever way of keeping the attention of the readers. They deal with the past, the present and the futuristic concepts/ideas what we would most possibly make happen in the very near future.

A good read which is informative, fun and unique.

Thank you, BenBella Books, for the advance reading copy.