Cover Image: Liar Liar

Liar Liar

There are reviews that you should write as soon as you finish the book.
This must have been one of them.
Anything I say at this point about Liar, Liar would not do it justice.
Tess and Oliver's story is so extraordinary.
Every time I thought I knew something the author blew each and every one of my suspicions apart.
I loved the relationship between Tess and her son, I didn't really like the decision she makes at the end. But I respect that this is the author's story.
I loved the ending and the wink to a sequel.
I look forward to that sequel.
Liar, Liar is definitely one of my favorite reads this year.
Liar Liar by L.G. Davis Narrated by: Tanya Eby was an excellent book However, sorry to say the Narrator did not do it for me. I had to stop listening to the audiobook on the Second Chapter and I ended up reading my ebook which was brilliant with great twists and turns throughout. Oliver and Tess are the main characters within this latest book Liar Liar. They have a perfect marriage and even their neighbours are jealous of them. They are so in love!

They have adopted a son called Mason, who sadly had an accident which left him paralysed, and he is in a wheelchair. Mason is very close to his adoptive mother and Tess just wants to be a good mum to him. Tess finds Texts from another woman on her husbands phone! which has her shocked She thought everything was perfect between them! but, are they?

Tess has to save her marriage for the sake of Mason she decides to fake a pregnancy to try and get him to stay with her. WoW!!! How can she carry out this fake pregnancy?

Someone is going to get hurt! This book was so good shame about the audiobook.

Big thank you to Netgalley and Bookouture for this ARC.
Wow, i really loved this book, it had it all for me.
A husband and wife with secrets and after one night the wife knows something terrible has happened and she thinks she knows who to blame, her husband...
There are different timelines that makes this book a fast paced page turner
A brilliant thriller
I found this book quite predictable and it really wasn’t for me. I think the over use of many thriller tropes made this hard to concentrate on or enjoy.
To be honest, I was close to DNFing this one. It started out slow and took several chapters until my interest was gained. From that point the plot (and the pace) picked up dramatically. The main character has her issues but it’s hard not to empathize. The narrative switches from past to present every few chapters but it’s not disjointed or hard to follow. I’m one who usually guesses the twists and turns, but there were several at the end I just did not see coming. At all. All in all I would recommend this for a worthwhile weekend or beach read. Thank you NetGalley, author, and publisher for the opportunity to read this ebook in exchange for my honest review. Review also made on GoodReads and Amazon. 3.5 stars
I like the multiple timelines. I also liked the twist that kept you reading to find out more. I definitely enjoyed this story and would recommend.
Wow!! This one kept me on the edge of my seat! A loving husband and wife but one night the wife knows something terrible has happened. And she believes her husband is to blame. There are multiple timelines that makes this book a fast paced page turner. There are also so many twists you want to stop reading.
Tess and her husband Oliver are hiding a huge secret. But Tess is also convinced that he is having an affair and their life together is threatened from multiple angles...
Liar Liar is a psychological thriller set in America. The majority of the book is written in the present day but there are chapters from three years ago. This raises plenty of questions and tension as we await seeing how the two timelines merge.
The book is written from Tess' first person perspective. Her actions are not always truthful and this raises doubts about her reliability. It was easy to relate to her hurt and horror at the thought of Oliver having an affair. However she has dangerous secrets and the couple rely on each other to prevent the truth coming out.
The prologue shows us a mysterious character entering the house and this sets the tone for the fear and dread that haunt the couple. Their son starts to mention a hooded man and they think they are being watched. This lurking foreboding is compounded by the past timeline which gives clues about the secrets Tess is hiding.
I enjoyed the plot twists and the gradual dripfeed of clues about the past and how it relates to the present day. Tess and Oliver's relationship is obviously flawed but they both seem like good people despite their questionable actions. Their focus is on protecting their son which again endeared them to me.
Liar Liar is an entertaining thriller and I liked the main character even though I wasn't sure if I could trust her.
Thank you to Netgalley for an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

A fabulous, well-written book with plenty of drama and suspense. An excellent thriller and a quick read. Recommended.
This is the first book I have read by this author.

I was originally drawn to this book by its eye catching beautiful cover and intriguing sounding synopsis and title.
Much thanks to the author and Netgalley
This was a great read and was so twisty I absolutely loved it , I finished it in one sitting .Tess is married to a Oliver with a son Mason , it’s not a happy message and he controls everything, with the help of her best friend she tries to get out of the marriage , very original and gripping 5 stars
Wow! What a spectacular, stupendous, amazing,  wonderful book! I loved loved loved this one. A truly one in a million masterpiece.
He promised to keep my secrets. He never told me his…

My husband and I are the dream couple: deeply in love, the envy of all our friends. He surprises me with roses and a beautiful diamond ring, and I prepare picnics for us to enjoy in the sunshine with our adorable son. It’s gestures like this that keep our romance alive.

But nobody knows how frightened I am at night. Oliver promised he’d keep me safe, but strange things have started to happen in my home.

My son is convinced that someone was in his room, watching him while he slept. And someone has smashed the white lantern on our porch. One evening I could swear there’s someone watching me through the window, lurking in the shadows across the street. As I triple check that the doors are locked and kiss my son goodnight, I’m terrified that someone knows what happened before we moved here, and that soon everything I love will be taken away…

Then Oliver comes home with blood on his hands on the same night our neighbour, one of my closest friends, goes missing. And I realise I am not the only one hiding a terrible secret.

We are both lying. But when the truth finally comes to light, who will survive? And can I keep my son safe?

This is an absolutely addictive physcological thriller, with lots of twists and unpredictable turns. It's a fantastic storyline and interesting characters. I read this late into the night and by the end I wanted to leave the light on. Books like this is why this is my favourite genre. Thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommend. Thank you netgalley and bookouture for this ARC in exchange for my honest opinion.
My rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
#netgalley #liarliar
chilling twist.... is how I would best describe this book in a short word phase.
I'm such a thriller person these days and books like these( well in this case arcs😂) make me love thriller more and more each time.
while reading this book, i found that I could not put it down. every sentence at the end of each chapter made me go straight onto the next without stopping to think about the time.
I read most of this last night and found myself staying up till 11 reading.
the story was catching and you had yourself asking who, what or why.
I loved it from beginning till the very end.

favorite line
-" your secret is safe with me, but you might want to get rid of this".

book is to be published this week, 22 July 2022.
make sure you get your copy.
I highly recommend this to those who love a good thriller.
Imagine being in the perfect relationship, in love, a partner who brings you flowers… but you feel the need to check his phone. This has been the one part of this book which has confused me. As someone, who has never checked a partners phone this is something that always baffles me.

However, despite that minor detail this is a book that has completely gripped me. Liar Liar is fast paced with a multi timeline that really gives us a full picture of what is taking place.

The characters that fill the pages of this one are interesting. I love that this is filled with twists and revelations. I have been completely hooked by this one.

There are creepy elements to this one and the dysfunctional family are central to the plot of this one. This is well written, perfectly paced and filled with the perfect amount of tension and suspense. I loved this book and highly recommend to other readers.
Thank you Bookouture and NetGalley for an early copy of Liar Liar.  This was a fast and easy read right from the beginning.  It was NOT believable the way her husband treated her at all BUT I kept with it because it was interesting and I wanted to know what he was holding over her.  This was an AWESOME Plot!!!!  So many different twists, I thought I had it figured out and then BAM, I was wrong.  The ending was WOW!!!
Thank you Netgalley for an early copy of this book.  I liked the way the past and the present stories were intwined and helped you make sense of the story.  An enjoyable read.
Fantastic and unique story centred around a couple with secrets who have moved to a new area but don’t want people to know about their past. The author tells from a past and present perspective where the truth comes out with some shocking twists that keep you gripped. Brilliant read
Liar, Liar by L.G. Davis offers up a compelling and twisty plotline that had me gripped from the very start.  Having just finished this author's most recent release, I had high hopes for this one.  I was not disappointed.

Ms Davis very effectively utilizes a shifting timeline to craft a tension-fuelled  domestic thriller that kept me enthralled from beginning to end.  I don't think I am giving too much away in saying that this title is very apt, and I am not lying when I say that you will want to add it to your TBR right away.

Many thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for an ARC.
This was a very unique story.  It flips back and forth between the current events and the past events that built up to now.  It has more twists and turns that a mountain switchback.  The story revolves around a young woman who becomes a nanny to an isolated family that has already seen it's share of troubles.  Events lead the young woman to protect her charge, using everything she has available.  The question at that point was.....what did she do?  Then we see that maybe, just maybe, she isn't the villian she thinks she is, but then there are a couple more twists thrown in.  I think almost every chapter, maybe every other chapter, will throw the reader a surprise or two.  I wouldn't be surprised if this one ends up as a Netflix original movie!