Cover Image: Revenge Never Rests

Revenge Never Rests

Holy smokes Laurie Lewis didn't hold anything back with this follow up to Secrets Never Die! This book picks up mere weeks after the conclusion of the previous book. Tallie hasn't even had time to process all the information she's learned about her parents, sister, and the woman she believed to be her mother before she finds herself in the middle of plot to destroy the country she loves.

From the Amber Alert in the first chapter to the final chapter it's a thrilling, suspenseful ride. There were a few times I wondered if there was anyone Tallie could trust and changed my mind a couple a times about some of the characters. There were reveals I never saw coming and it showed how revenge can twist a person's thinking. It also shows how a well meaning ideal can become twisted and take away people's freedoms.

The author does a good job of filling in a lot of Tallie's background throughout the story but if you want a full history I highly recommend you read Secrets Never Die before starting this book. Suspense is one of favorite genres and this one held my interest the entire time. I didn't want to stop reading and couldn't wait to get back to it when I had to put it aside. This is a riveting suspense without graphic scenes or language.

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions in this review are my own.
I’m going to start by saying, you need to read this book. But you probably need to either read or re-read Secrets Never Die first. I had read it, but it was a long time ago. And there were a lot of details that I forgot. I wish I had re-read it first.

I loved Tallie Brown in this one. She is just so smart. Tallie is always one step ahead of everyone else. I loved getting to see what was in her head. There was a lot of things going on in this one. So many people being kidnapped or drugged. And Tallie having to face the facts that she had been kidnapped and could have had a whole other life. These things kept the plot moving so fast. And the reader invested in what was going to happen next. The reader was kind of like Tallie, never sure who could be trusted.

I loved that there were multiple viewpoints in this one. Being able to see what was happening through other viewpoints was so helpful to keep the story moving along. As a reader, I was trying to figure out just what was happening, like the characters. Having the complete picture was really helpful for that.

This book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I loved it so much. Make sure you read both of these books!

I was sent an e-copy of Revenge Never Rests as a gift from the publisher. All opinions are my own.
Tallie is still struggling with the loss of the woman she believed to be her mother, followed by simultaneously finding and losing her mother and twin sister. All she has left is an almost unknown father - and then he goes missing while on the trail of hundreds more missing people. Tallie and Jackson plunge into the search, but slowly begin to realise that there is more at stake than they had any idea of - and Tallie herself is unknowingly in the middle of it all. Can they unearth the conspiracy in time to save America?

If you read and loved Secrets Never Die, definitely don't miss out on Tallie and Jackson's next adventure! If you missed out, by all means go back and read it - but this does include enough background that it could also be read without book 1. This is a fast-paced suspense novel (with a hint of romance) that will keep you on the edge of your seat from the very first page. There's a lot more going on than first appears, but all is gradually unfolded - exciting to watch, if almost too plausible a plot to be comfortable. Clean and well written, with characters I definitely enjoyed seeing more of - I'm hoping for a book 3... Recommended.

Note that I received a complimentary copy of the book from NetGalley. I was not required to write a positive review and this is my considered opinion of the book.
WOW! All I can say about this one is wow. I loved the first story about Tallie Brown and I think this one topped it.

Laurie Lewis wrote a compelling story of a girl that was trying to find out who she is on her own with a particular set of skills that would put Liam Neeson to shame. As the mystery of this one unfolds, there are twists, turns, and false trails that our heroes are required to navigate.

The story itself brings into question the idea of the constitution and the direction our leaders have taken our country. At the heart of this is a lesson about freedom and not forcing people to believe or think a certain way. In our increasingly divided society, I appreciated the approach this novel took. There was complication with nothing black and white.  If you want to know more of Tallie's story and the supporting cast, read Secrets Never Die first, then read this one. There is an intriguing world here that opens slowly and definitely needs both books to address.

If you love a good mystery/suspense, I highly recommend this one. I received an eArc through the publisher and NetGalley and this is my honest review.
This is the sequel to Secrets Never Die by Laurie Lewis. I highly recommend reading Secrets Never Die before this book but technically it can be read as a stand alone.
This is an intense read! It starts out action packed and is thrilling right up to the end. If you liked the first book or like books filled with mystery and action, you will love this read!

Thank you Covenant Communications and Net Galley for letting me read this Arc copy!
Wowsers!!! This book starts off with an AMBER Alert and it's full speed ahead. There are so many twists and turns! I loved every minute while reading and didn't want to set it down at all.

I would highly recommend reading Secrets Never Die first as this books follows that one. The author gave enough backstory that you would be fine reading this one as a stand alone. But I enjoyed that book just as much and it sets up info that you need about Tallie's mother, Julia, for this book. Again, the author did a great job of filling in those gaps. I'm just a very sequential reader so I like knowing it all.

All of the events that happen are interrelated and important. Keep your eyes open and watch everything! If you don't catch it all, don't worry, you'll figure it out as the book goes on. I loved watching Tallie use her skills and seeing more of her story with her mother, Julia. There are still so many secrets to discover and Tallie is bound and determined to move forward, figuring them all out.

I loved the patriotism shown in the novel. If you read this one, read the author's note at the beginning of the book. So good and helps keep a great perspective while reading certain parts of this book. No spoilers from me!

It's seriously such a great ride! If you're a fan of suspense and fast-paced novels, full of great characters, then this is the book you should read! I only put it down when necessary and then had it in my hands every moment that I could.

Content: This book is a clean read. It does deal with military, some death (non-graphic), and a few skirmishes but all is written in a way that I feel comfortable letting my teenagers read it as well. There are no explicit scenes.

I received a copy from the publisher, Covenant Communications, via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions in the review are my own.

Happy Reading!!!
Revenge Never Rests is a follow up book to Secrets Never Die. Both books are well written suspense novels. The depth of intrigue Lewis is able to weave through her stories is astounding. This book is a page turner. You won't be able to put it down.
This is my first time reading a book by this author. I was a little lost at the beginning because this is a sequel. While it’s not strictly necessary to read the first book because eventually you learn all the pertinent facts from it in this book, it would probably be best to read the first book in the series. This book takes place just days (if I understood correctly) after the events of the first book.

The plot is interesting and had a lot of potential. The villan and his plan was actually quite interesting, but we didn’t get to it till we were about 2/3rds of the way through the book. The lace of this book alternates between agonizingly slow and then too fast - some details are hashed over snd over again making for the parts that dragged, while other parts just seemed to resolve insanely quickly and simply. Also the combat scenes seemed unrealistic to me and too easily resolved.

So overall it’s a decent read but there are better books in this genre.
WOW!! This book will keep you on the edge of your seat. It's well written and full of suspense, drama, excitement. and just enough twists and turns to keep you turning the pages. I highly recommend this book. Loved it!
I received a complimentary copy from Covenant Communications via NetGalley and was not required to write a review. All opinions expressed are my own.
This book was sent to me electronically by Netgalley for review.  Revenge…searching…mystery and intrigue…this talented author has written a cannot put down novel.  Tallie Brown uses her skills to track people who are missing.  Spend an afternoon with this quick read.
This read will grab you and will not let go until the final page is turned, and then it is going to linger with you!
Revenge, a very appropriate title, but to the greatest extremes you could ever imagine, and thus be prepared for a read you will not be able to put down.
The author gives us characters that you will quickly embrace, and you put a face to the evil that is lurking! Be prepared to hold your breath, and you will be ducking over the bullets that are flying, and be careful of the vile chemicals!
I highly recommend this read that will keep you up late, and on the edge of your seat!
I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher Covenant Communications, and was not required to give a positive review.
I couldn't put this one down! I was hooked from the first page and finished it in one sitting! You don't want to miss this one!

*Note- this series needs to be read in order

I received an ARC through Netgalley and all opinions are my own.
#RevengeNeverRests #NetGalley

This book continues,, where the first book ends. Once again, I  got caught up in the story of Tallie Brown. This book is fast paced, with quite a few characters, that were easy to keep  track of. When people start disappearing,  the military steps in to find the common link. A suspenseful book that kept me turning pages.
Revenge Never Rests is a well-written and exciting read. The main characters are very capable and likable. The conflicting feelings that Tallie had for other characters struck me as very real. I especially enjoyed her relationship with her father. I loved the romance between Tallie and Jackson. The plot has surprising twists and turns. I must admit though that the plot stretched believability for me. If you can get past that, the book is superb. It is packed with action. I would definitely read more from author Laurie Lewis.
I received a copy through NetGalley and am sharing my opinion of this thrilling romantic suspense.
I really enjoyed the premise of this book, and I particularly appreciated that it summarized what we learned in the first book in the series so I didn't have to go back and reread it before starting this one. The plot was unique and interesting with well-written characters, and I loved the focus on freedom and the importance of the U.S. Constitution. My only criticism is that the rescue from the island seemed a little far-fetched and too easy.
REVENGE NEVER RESTS is the sequel to Secrets Never Die by LAURIE LEWIS but it can easily stand alone as the author catches us up quickly with what we need to know. The story is fast paced, with a cleverly worked out plot and some interesting characters. There is a strong political element with the emphasis on what true freedom entails, and a burgeoning romance.
Tallie Brown was kidnapped as a child by a woman called Julia, who she thought was her mother. She had a strange and lonely upbringing and feels claustrophobic and unworthy when surrounded by Jackson James’ family.
A call out to find a kidnapped child brings her back into the spotlight where she landed after her kindness to General Cai Kaswell was made known. Now the general is missing, together with other influential people. Well trained in military tactics and well educated by Julia, she sets out to find the general. Who can she trust in this world full of secrecy,  betrayal and power hungry factions?
I highly recommend Revenge Never Rests to anyone who enjoys a really good, nail biting thriller.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Covenant Communications. The opinions in this review are completely my own.
This book keeps you gripping the edge of your seat! The continuation of Tallie's story is a web of different clues and strange occurrences that may or may not tie together. I enjoyed seeing her learn to trust herself more and see how relationships were built.
What a gripping book!  You can’t put it down!
This book starts off drawing you in with its intensity and it stays that way to the end.  Yet the intensity is never overpowering as the author weaves other aspects to keep the story from becoming too heavy.  Tallie was raised by her mother, Julia, constantly on the move and isolated from most of society, only to discover that her mother was not her parent but had kidnapped her.  She has since discovered her father, General Kaswell, is alive and that she may be in danger because of her relationship to him.   With her “mother Julia’s” admonition to “trust no one” ringing in her memory she moves forward feeling that the only one she can trust is Jackson James who she met at the site of the plane crash that killed her true mother and sister.  Before she can fully adjust to all this new knowledge, she’s informed that her father has vanished under suspicious circumstances.  Soon Tallie and Jackson are deeply involved not just in the search for her father but in danger that threatens the world order.  A great read you won’t want to put it down.  Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for the copy.  This is my review and all thoughts are my own.