Cover Image: Pluto Rocket: New in Town (Pluto Rocket #1)

Pluto Rocket: New in Town (Pluto Rocket #1)

I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

We are delighted to discover a great new series of graphic novel. The art work is simple but adorable, the story line easy to follow along and very funny, my daughter was hooked! The text wasn't as simple as she had thought, and provided a good reading challenge. Great book from every angle.
This book is funny and quite a bit silly (that was my daughters review)

I read the book with my five year old daughter and she loved it

It was a bit wacky and out there and she really giggles at some of the pages

The illustrations are lovely too and really bring the story to life

It is 4 stars from me for this one - a fun little read and one I can see being a hit!
Very young-reading comic, with a pigeon with an ego the size of, well, somewhere big, meeting an alien here to witness Earthly life for itself.  The first story is how they encourage and befriend the other in bursts of positivity, the second is what happens when the alien gets encouraged to try a taco, and learns about sharing as a result, and the third shows the dilemma of finding a safe ground somewhere between being exuberant and outstanding and being noticed as an alien and taken back home again.  Joe Pidge is a fun character, full of himself but not dislikeable, and while Pluto Rocket  is the childish innocent abroad and so less dynamic she will help make this a fine series in further books to come.  I did find some odd choices of vocab for such a junior book, however – outstanding, formulate and “solarised proton particles”.  I would have tweaked this to be even more accessible than it currently is, but beyond that there is little to fault.  A good four stars.
This was such a cute read!! I really had fun reading this, following Joe Pidge and Pluto Rocket becoming friends, hyping each other up (and themselves), and just being pals. I do think some of Joe Pidge's slang is a bit outdated (the bomb) but it's so cute regardless. I definitely want to check out more of these
fue muy gracioso y te enseña que puedes tener tu propia esencia, los dibujos están bonitos y rápido de leer

thanks to netgalley and Penguin Random House Canada, Tundra Books
I had no idea an annoyed pigeon plus an earnest alien would make the perfect comedy duo, but my daughter and I were both cackling through this great graphic novel for young readers. The short stories are contained enough to be read on their own, but make a lovely continuum of Pluto Rocket exploring the world with Joe Pidge's guidance and helping his new friend discover new things about the neighborhood he calls home. Loved the gentle messages like the importance of being yourself and sharing. Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the chance to read!