Cover Image: No No, Baby!

No No, Baby!

Received a copy from NetGalley. Sweet book about how a rambunctious baby squirrel unsettles the other forest animals, only for them to miss him when he hides away for a day.
I received an electronic ARC from Penguin Random House Canada through NetGalley.
Hunter captures so much energy in her illustrations and brief text. Readers see Baby Squirrel wake up and set out every day to explore, grow and visit with the other animals. Squirrel's enthusiasm seems to leap off the page as they bounce around. A sweet story to share as a family. The emphasis on accepting someone for who they are - even if they feel like too much - works well.
Thanks to Netgalley and Penguin Random House Canada, Tundra Books for a free digital copy.

A book about an overexuberant squirrel and all the creatures he annoys, but then when he hides away, they miss him. I thought it was cute but would have liked the message to be a bit more heavy handed.
I love the illustrations. I think it is a sweet story on appreciating your friends as they are, even if they might bother you from time to time. I think it’s a great take away for younger readers.
This is a very sweet story about a baby squirrel who is well-meaning but comes off obnoxious. The forest animals don't enjoy the baby squirrel's presence until baby squirrel decides to not bother them anymore. The illustrations are beautiful and this feels like a nice story for a baby to five-year-old. It had a lovely message about appreciating children and all their enthusiasm.
I enjoyed the muted color scheme of the illustrations in this book, but found the overall story a bit lacking. I would have loved to see a better resolution to this book, and felt a real opportunity to discuss behavior and self-regulation was lost here.
This was a really sweet little book

It was very short and will be easy to read for young readers and a good way for them to practice some simple words too as well as it being a cute story for younger ones who are yet to read

The illustrations were lovely and really suited the book too

It is 4 stars from me for this one – highly recommended
Such an adorable picture book that our toddler loved.

It was short, which was nice for someone who was 2.5 years old.
A baby squirrel ruins the rest and relaxation of all the other forest animals, but when they finally snap at Baby and the forest goes quiet, the animals find they miss the energy Baby brought to the world.

I was middling on this book, but my kid asked for a repeat reading, and that's an automatic additional star, for me. She's got to know picture books better than I do, at this point!

Every animal is SO FUZZY. The fact that this book was done in ballpoint pen and colored pencil, and there are THAT MANY tiny lines to give everything texture is really amazing. The majority of the artwork is in black-and-white, with splashes of color on the more "energetic" pieces: Baby, the sun and a small branch of leaves. There's a blue sky in the background, but that's it. The rest of the book is just a lot of crosshatching or other line textures, but it's all done in a way that actually SEEMS like there is color. Your mind fills in the blanks.

A cute, short read that your kids are likely to ask for again. Just hope they don't have as much energy as Baby at their bedtime!

Advanced review copy provided by the publisher.
Very attractive, this simply-read picture book has a young squirrel be just too exuberant and full of the joys of spring – the other animals in the wood are getting a bit fed up with its constant wittering and joy.  Until, that is, they say “No!” and stop its hyperactivity in one fell swoop.  Yes, it’s a third in a series, but it’s perfectly self-contained, and on this evidence the earlier volumes about Baby would be classy affairs – the visual craft is really strong here, making this quite a delightful visit to this world.  Four and a half stars.
A sweet book about the energy a child can bring into everyone's lives.

Baby squirrel is energetic and likes to greet everyone and spend time with them. One day Owl tells Baby Squirrel to stop, and so Baby Squirrel decides not to leave the tree the next day. All the animals notice something missing from their day and go looking for Baby Squirrel to ask for them to come back.

This is a wonderful book to help children understand social frustration and how they are still loved even though sometimes people need space. It is also a great way of teaching young children how to engage with others and see if they have the social energy for activities. Similarly, it shows that being upset by what someone said, giving time for reflection, and communicating with others can help with emotional situations.

Thank you to NetGalley and Penguin Random House Canada, Tundra Books, for the opportunity to read and review this title.

Side Note:
I really enjoy the fact that by not gendering Baby Squirrel, this is a perfect story for any child to relate to.
Nice and cute little picture book. I really like the illustrations, but it seems to lack a little je-ne-sais-quoi to make the story perfects.
I was given an early copy in exchange for en honest review.  This book is beautifully illustrated in muted and soft colors.  The story itself was quite soft in the telling. I enjoyed reading the book.immensely. . I enjoyed the book and would recommend for the young readers.  There is lots to look at and discuss in the pictures.Thank you to #NetGalley, #PebguinRandomHouse Tundra BooksBooks #AnneHunter for the advance copy of #NoNoBaby.
A sweet story

Baby squirrel is a happy-go-lucky kind of person. Every morning she greets everyone in her neighborhood woods, visiting all the different animals and sharing a part of their day. Not everyone is always happy to see her, so one day baby decides to stay home...

I enjoyed the illustrations in this short book very much. The story is sweet, but lacked some deepness in my opinion. Still, a nice little book.
"No No, Baby!" is a sweet story about a very friendly and curious baby squirrel. When the adults get tired of Baby's excitement and questions each day, Baby doesn't want to go around and bother anyone anymore, but everyone ends up missing Baby's bright personality and encourages Baby to come back out and continue being their fun and rambunctious self. I loved the symbolism of having Baby be the main colour source/bright, sunshiney spot in this book. This would be fun to read to kids, and I think young readers would enjoy reading along with the repetition throughout the book.
A baby squirrel named Baby starts the morning by greeting his forest friends, who are annoyed with him.

I like the cute illustration that engages the younger audience, but I felt the story lacked personal connection and character development.

I just reviewed No No, Baby! by Anne Hunter. Thank you, #NetGalley and #PenguinRandomHouseCanada, for sending me an ARC copy of the book for review.
This book tells the story of a baby squirrel who is very adventurous and curious, which inevitably gets him into some trouble with the other forest animals. They all banish him (not gonna lie - it was a bit harsh for some animals!) and he feels sad but then they realize they miss him and invite him back even if he was a bit annoying. It's a pretty good book, but lacks some of the depth behind this kind of story as the text is very short and simple. I think that young children would understand the concept though and probably enjoy this book. I would recommend it to parents of children in the age 4-6 range. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.
Cute, short picture book with simple words and images. I didn't love the combination of text boxes and sentences below. I found myself reading the text boxes and then the sentences, which made the story a bit backwards.
No No Baby! Is a fun and adorable childrens book. I was worried my daughter who is 7 would think it was too babyish for her but she loved it!  She enjoyed reading it to her baby brother over and over.

This book follows a baby squirrel that likes to greet fellow animals every day until one day…

This book will be going on our shelf and added to gifts for friends!
This is an adorable story about a rambunctious baby squirrel who likes to greet all of the Forest animals in the morning. They seem annoyed until he is not there to greet him the next day and they miss him. It was a good one but I don’t feel there were enough words for little ones to get the moral of the story. The illustration was cute.

Thanks to NetGalley and Penguin Random House Canada for a copy of this digital ARC.