Cover Image: No No, Baby!

No No, Baby!

Cute, short picture book with simple words and images. I didn't love the combination of text boxes and sentences below. I found myself reading the text boxes and then the sentences, which made the story a bit backwards.
No No Baby! Is a fun and adorable childrens book. I was worried my daughter who is 7 would think it was too babyish for her but she loved it!  She enjoyed reading it to her baby brother over and over.

This book follows a baby squirrel that likes to greet fellow animals every day until one day…

This book will be going on our shelf and added to gifts for friends!
This is an adorable story about a rambunctious baby squirrel who likes to greet all of the Forest animals in the morning. They seem annoyed until he is not there to greet him the next day and they miss him. It was a good one but I don’t feel there were enough words for little ones to get the moral of the story. The illustration was cute.

Thanks to NetGalley and Penguin Random House Canada for a copy of this digital ARC.
A big thank you to NetGalley and Penguin Random House Canada/Tundra Books for the ARC.  I am voluntarily reviewing this book.  This is a childrens book.  It has beautiful illustrations, and the story is easy to read.  Very simple sentences.  A very busy baby squirrel who unknowingly bothers the other animals, but then is missed by them all.  Very cute   4 stars
This was a very lovely and sweet story. The illustration were beautiful and visually a pleasure to look at. The text was simple to read so that even my early-reader was able to read it on their own. Sometimes it was difficult to know if one should read the speech bubbles first or the main text, but that wasn't really a big issue. Overall a charming picture book.
An adorable story about a rambunctious and friendly baby squirrel who bothers all the forest animals until the day he stays in his hole and the other forest creatures realize how much they miss his friendly greetings.  The illustrations are beautiful and will be appealing to readers.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for the advance e-copy in exchange for an honest review.
Baby Squirrel wakes up happy every morning and can’t wait to greet his forest friends. Bouncing with excitement, he says a cheerful hello to bunny, birds, bear and owl. They tire quickly of his excitement and desire to eat everything in sight. Too many “no, nos” discourage him and one morning, he stays in bed. Then he is missed and his friends come to check up on him.

The subtle sepia and blue toned illustrations are highlighted by the yellow and orange baby squirrel. The bright colors make the reader feel his energy and the story teaches us that we don’t know what is important to us until it is missing. Read this aloud to 2 to 4 year olds. 5 stars.

Thank you to NetGalley, Penguin Random House Canada and Anne Hunter for this ARC.
Hunter's illustrations stay true to her style and previous works, using a color palette that captures the feel of winter and draws attention to the actions of the animals. However, the plot / text of the story felt incredibly short, as if there were chunks missing. Even for very early readers -- late infants or toddlers -- I am not sure that there is enough of a draw to maintain attention for one read, much less rereading.
An enthusiastic baby squirrel and some grumpy forest friends collide in this sweet and fun picture book from Geisel Award Honoree Anne Hunter.

This book was adorable. The cute critters just made me smile. And the illustration were charming. I liked how unique each animal looked and especially enjoyed the first illustration. It had all kinds of little details that were delightful.
No, No, Baby! is a sweet story about a baby squirrel that is excited each morning to greet the day and its forrest friends. When the owl snips at baby squirrel, it served as a great reminder (for both a parent and a child) that the way we say something can have an effect on others.
This book missed the mark for my kids and I. While I appreciate the intended moral, it felt like it wasn't well explained or realised. The illustrations are rather cute and with an extra page or two, I think this could a very sweet picture book.

Thank you to NetGalley, the publisher, and the author for giving me a free digital copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review.
So I really enjoyed this book. It gives you a message that you never know how much you’re cared for until you’re missed. I read this to my son and he liked it
Beautiful imagery in this book. Perfect for little kids to help develop a love of books.
Love that the main focus of the book was about friendships and inclusion.
Four out four out of five stars - lovely.

Thank you to Penguin Random House Canada, Tundra Books, and NetGalley for the ARC (Advanced Readers Copy).

As far as frist impressions go 'No No, Baby's not very eye-catching in the eyes of a child. But the soft, sweet detail denotes that the art is there more to attract the adult (and the whimsical child within). Reading this outloud is great for parents, caregivers and teachers alike. The colours and illustrations would ultimately go unnoticed sitting next to a book with brighter, simpler illustrations.

This isn't a bad thing; this is just a good chance for adults to create a good memory with the children, creating the urge for them to pick it up instead of the brightly coloured one.

I find this children's book creates a feeling of nostalgia that I really enjoyed.

Baby is really excited in the mornings... We're not all morning people, are we?

The early lesson learned here is the classic 'you don't know what you've got until it's gone'. Meaning that even if someone is annoying sometimes because of their differences, you still miss them and can still be friends even if they're annoying.

Beautiful book and a beautiful lesson.
This is a heart-warming book.
Little squirrel annoyed everyone in the woods. But then everyone also cares about him.
The illustrations with pencil drawing are pretty.
This book was more of a reminder for parents and adults in general than a book for kids. All my kid could see was very cute drawings and a lot of forest animals.

What I saw as a parent was the reminder that we can complain about how crazy and energetic our kids are, we might feel tired and frustrated with them… but they are non going to stay kids forever. They will grow and suddenly they’ll stop doing all that noise and we will end up missing it!
Every parent can relate to this picture book, and I am sure that most kids will recognize Baby's behaviour. An ever present baby can drive all of us crazy as long as one day they do not show up.

The story is cute, even if a bit short. I badly miss colours. The drawings are arty, and I had a hard time identifying the various animals. The copy at the bottom of the pages is fragmented - you need to read three pages for a complete (and short) sentence. This makes reading out to my daughter difficult. She cannot linger at the page checking the illustrations because we need to turn the page to find out the end of the sentence, three pages away. Not very handy.

To my adult eye, the illustrations are beautiful. However, my daughter keeps asking: What animal is this?

Thank you NetGalley and Penguin Random House Canada / Tundra Books for an Advance Review Copy.
This book is glorious! The illustrations and the premise are so adorable - I loved reading this book to my children.

Super important message that I feel is conveyed in a very relaxed manner and the happy ending was just lovely.

Thank you so much for allowing me to read this arc and I wish you all the luck in the world!
Thank you, Penguin Random House Canada, for the advance reading copy.

The illustrations are calming and perfect. However, the story seems a little offbeat.

The animals and their kids. My heart skipped a beat thinking about the babies. Maybe that's the goal of the story. Babies be good!
I received an arc of this title from NetGalley for an honest review.  When baby squirrel is around he annoys the other animals, but when he doesn't show up one day, they realize how much they love having him around.