Cover Image: The Myth of Normal

The Myth of Normal

A lot to digest here! The Myth of Normal is a nuanced look at the impact trauma has on our physical and mental health, and how those two things are intertwined. I especially appreciated the last section which included some tangible ideas about how to move forward. Thank you to Netgalley and Penguin Random House for the advance copy.
This is a sobering book about the toxicity of our society and how to make things better. While I enjoy the author's voice and respect his scholarship, this was too much to be packed in to a single book. In some ways, it overwhelms the reader. If you buy this, approach it a bit at a time. Otherwise it can be like trying to take a sip of water from a fire-hydrant.
This was an informative and in depth conversation about trauma and healing. There are so many people who would benefit from its wisdom.
I liked the book and learned a lot from it and I think readers of self help and those interested in trauma and our toxic culture will love it.
Though interesting, it was a lot to take in and isn’t my usual pick.  I felt it was a bit over my head.
Wow! This book was scary but informative.
It truly shows just how detrimental the way we are existing, effects our mental and physical well being.

Everyone should read this eye opening book!