Cover Image: His Innocent Lover

His Innocent Lover

This is a good book. The two main characters are Chloe and Trent. Chloe has just moved to San Diego and is working as a secretary. Trent works for a security company. Trent meets Chloe because she works for a company that his company is investigating. They have lots of issues but together they work them out and find love.
Thanks to Netgalley for a copy of this book for an honest review.

Good series about Slade Security with this one about Trent. Some mistakes with names (Trevor turned up randomly but usually just Travis) but an OK read.
A big thank you to NetGalley and Relay Publishing for the ARC.  I am voluntarily reviewing this book.  This is part of a series, but reads ok as a stand alone.  It is a bit confusing maybe as it connects with a different series as well.  Sort of convoluted.   I found this to be instalove and sort of out there but still okay.  It is a fun read.  3 stars
The slide security series has been extremely enjoyable and of course full of romance. Chloe and Trent's story is no different. Another brilliant read from North.
When I think of romance, I think of books just like this one, that gives all the feels and satisfies every romance junkies' heart. This is a perfect books to snuggle up with on any day. This one took by surprise! Leslie North is one of my favorites!
The third book in the Slade Security Trilogy and it is the turn of faux surfer dude Trent to have love come calling.

Trent and his identical twin brother Travis work for Slade Security, mainly on tech issues but this time Trent is going undercover at Guardians of the Earth, are they the outfit behind the sabotage in Jawharra.

Chloe is new in town having moved her and her father after he suffers an accident and needs specialist care, she has a job on Reception at Guardians of the Earth an eco charity and is rather taken with the new surfer dude (Trent)  who came into volunteer for the cause.

This was another great book, having read the first two books in the series already, I had enjoyed the three so well I purchased the previous trilogy to get that back story of Jawharra.

I just wish there was a fourth book in this series, Travis's story felt a bit rushed.

Definitely a book well worth a read.

Thank you to Netgalley for a copy of this book in return for an honest review
Very enjoyable series, every book so far has good characters with a great story to go with them. Chloe and Trent are no,different. Chloe is in town for her dad and Trent is undercover when they meet.  Sparks fly from the start and all his protective instincts are in play from the start.

Good romance story, can’t wait for the next one in the series.
HIS INNOCENT LOVER Slade Security Team Book #3 by Leslie North
This novella is a quick read in this series. This is Trent and Chloe's story.  Slade Security is investigating a mole in an organization that is linked to a terrorist cell.  Chloe is working as a temporary receptionist. Trent is undercover as a surfer beach bum with a hefty trust fund. He sees her and decides that she could be a great asset to help him. He can't help but see much more into this woman. This is 4 stars.
The Slade Security group continues to gat hitched and expand the business.  This time with surfing and environmental issues than all tied up in the Middle East with the rest of the crew.  Not a spoiler, you had to know that was coming!
His Innocent Lover is book 3 in the Slade Security Team series.  It's possible to read as a standalone, but it would be better to read the entire series in order for full effect of the interconnecting storylines.

Trent Larsen believes he has discovered the cover business for a terrorist group that he is so close to stopping.  Now he has to go in undercover to find the proof, but he ends up finding more than he was looking for.

Chloe Baker is a receptionist at an environmental agency while helping her father who is recovering from an illness.  She has no knowledge of her employers true intentions and gets drawn into the danger when a handsome surfer turns her world upsidedown.

This was a fast-paced, suspenseful romance set in a dangerously exciting theme.  Overall, the story was intriguing and I was invested to see how everything would shake out in the end.  I definitely recommend reading all the books in order for best enjoyment.  Well done!

I received an advanced review copy of this book via Netgalley and I am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Chloe brings her dad to San Diego to a physical therapy hospital. She gets a job at Guardians of the Earth which is a save the environment association.  Trent pretends to be a conservationist to infiltrate Guardian’s of the Earth. Slade Security believes they are behind the attacks on the oil wells in Jawara. He flirts with Chloe. They hit it off right away. He wants to get her to work for Slade Security. He thinks the people she works for are dangerous.

The book is well written. The heroine is trying to find her way in a new city. The hero is a strong protector who will do anything to save his clients as well as Chloe. I loved the series and can’t wait for Leslie North’s next book.
His Innocent Lover (Slade Security Series #3) by Leslie North
Publisher: Relay Publishing
Genre: General Fiction (Adult) | Romance
Published: June 30, 2022

His Innocent Lover is the third book in the Slade Security Series by Leslie North and I loved it! This book can be easily read as a standalone romance or enjoyed as part of the series. (And I hope there is more to come in the world of Slade Security!)

This fast-paced romance/adventure was captivating and I could not put it down! I loved the characters and thought they were well-developed and relatable. The story was intense and filled with action and adventure!

I received a copy of His Innocent Lover by Leslie North from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This novel was okay, but I was not captivated and felt no connection to the characters or the plot. The summary seemed interesting, but the novel’s pacing was uneven and the characters were kind of bland. Just not my cup of tea.
okay well anybody know where i can find this trent guy ?? cause damn ..i loved this book yes he was lying a bit i might say their love was complicated but beautiful .One you could not help but fall in love with also am all in for it .Much thanks to the author
Chloe moves to help her dad get better health care, which also means a new job. She is the receptionist for a company who claim to be doing good charity work. Spade security send in Trent to uncover who is targeting the oilfields and blowing them up. Chloe ends up helping him and a HEA ensues. A quick read.
Slade Security’s investigation to project the Sheikh and his family leads them to Guardians of the World, which former Navy SEAL Trent Larson will infiltrate through a naïve receptionist, Chloe Baker. He didn’t expect to fall for her for real, but it seems he has. However, he must proceed with the ruse and try to get information he needs. Chloe is very sensitive about lying and discovering he is not what he has pretended to be, she feels betrayed! Will he tell her what is truly at risk here? Will finding out the truth of who Trent actually is interfere with his mission? Or merely ruin his relationship with the woman he cares for?
We met Trent and his twin brother Travis earlier and they both are ex-Navy SEAL who works for Slade Security.  Trent is working undercover to infiltrate a terrorist group sabotaging oil wells.  Trent has found the perfect way to get inside the group.  Chloe moved her dad from Wyoming to San Diego for rehab therapy.  Chloe is a receptionist working for the Guardians of the Earth the group that Trent is infiltrating.  Trent and Chloe meet when he arrives at her office gain access but finds Chloe instead and offers to help with the Guardians of the Earth.  Trent finds Chloe very attractive and Chloe is reluctant because of her previous relationships.  Trent offers to give Chloe surfing lessons.  Things heat up rather fast for the two.

How will Chloe feel when she finds out that Trent initially used her to infiltrate the Guardians Of The Earth, how will Trent convince Chloe that he is really into her, is Chloe in danger and will Trent be able to protect and save her from the Guardians Of The Earth, why are the oil wells being targeted, is there an HEA in store for Chloe and Trent?
I had never read anything by this author and I did not like it at all. The two characters have that kind of instalove that is totally unwarranted, especially based on both of their pasts. I don't even know if not having read the previous two books would have made it easier for me to read this one, but I am inclined to think that if I had read even one of them, it would have remained the only one.

Non avevo mai letto niente di questa autrice e non mi é piaciuta affatto. I due personaggi hanno quel tipo di instalove assolutamente ingiustificato, specialmente sulla base del passato di entrambi. Non so nemmeno se il non aver letto i due libri precedenti mi avrebbe agevolato la lettura di questo qui, ma sono portata a pensare che se ne avessi letto anche solo uno, sarebbe rimasto l'unico.

I received from the Publisher a complimentary digital advanced review copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.
I just finished His Innocent Lover by Leslie North. This is the third book in this series and I really enjoyed it.  I have read all three books and gave five stars to the first one and this one is equally as good as the first book. This book follows the love story of Trent and Chloe, with of course some suspense thrown in too!  While it is an instant connection/lust type of story, there is a deep connection developing and it  really does bring mostly true especially for Chloe. I did not like the way that Trent was deceptive at the beginning of their relationship.  I understand his reasons but that still did not make the lies right. Plus he had doubts about her that I did not think were warranted. I would not have forgiven him as quickly as Chloe did, but other events contributed to her quick forgiveness. All in all an excellent book and a very strong 4.5 stars thank you NetGalley for an advanced copy.
Trent is working on an assignment trying to get information on a charity that they think is kneed deep in stuff.  As soon as he walks into the charities office he meets Chloe and he has an idea of using her to get information.  Chloe isn’t sure moving from Wyoming to California was the best idea, but she is doing it so her dad can get the best of care after his accident.  Chloe immediately connects with Trent and loves how easy going he is but sometimes he seems a little different.  She can’t quite put her finger on it but she knows there is something going on.  Trent knew as soon as he kissed Chloe that she was something important to him and after he got to know her he knew that she was innocent and didn’t have a clue about anything fishy going on where she has worked for a month.  Will Trent be able to get the information need to take down this group of people and get Chloe to understand what is going on?  I was given an ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.