Cover Image: Dissociation Made Simple

Dissociation Made Simple

I received an advance reading copy of the book in exchange for my honest review. Jamie Marich brings such a fresh perspective to psychotherapy. She is so professional and at the same time so down to earth and genuine. Having interviewed a large number of individuals, she brings multiple perspectives (including her own) to the subject of dissociation. While easily absorbed, the content simultaneously presents current research, perspectives and challenges in working with individuals experiencing dissociation and dissociative disorders. The book reduces the fear factor in working with dissociation and at the same provides a very rich exploration of this important and often misunderstood aspect of people’s amazing ability to cope with trauma.
This is such a simple yet complex piece and it’s easily the best I’ve read in and around the topic of dissociation/dissociative disorders. I chose this, personally, because it effects me personally. I hope to see this used more and more for people like me. The books on DID and dissociation that I've read or been recommended through a psychologist we’re all demonizing in one way or another (one quite literally). This will have such an amazing impact and teach us so much to be in charge of our own health. This book is informative as well as has a lot of things you can practice yourself or with your therapist/psychologist. I’d recommend this to everyone. I am hopeful to have a hard copy in the near future as this is exactly what I need in the here and now.

I received this e-book free for a genuine review.
Dissociation Made Simple provides examples, case studies and coping strategies for DID. Wrritten for the layman this book makes this psychological trait easier tp understand fpr sufferers. Written in a US style.
Highly recommend, I don’t want to spoil it with saying to much, but I had to many light bulbs and ahh haaa moments.
Jamie is well established as a thought leader in the fields of addiction, trauma healing, and EMDR, and this book cements her status as a voice to listen to on the complex and nuanced topic of dissociation. In her caracteristic style of openness and vulnerability, Jamie provides a refreshing insight into the origins, abundant variety, and "superpower" attributes of dissociation as protector and enabler of physical and psychological wellbeing.

Written for professional and lay person alike, Jamie uses her own lived and clinical experience, along with a tapestry of brave accounts and perspectives from generous contributors, to strip away stigma by providing rich descriptions and practical strategies for identifying, celebrating, and working with the diversity of internal worlds. And as a true advocate and healer, Jamie shares power with the reader on every page, giving us tools that enable us to feel confident in our own ability to make sense of and start to heal our broken parts.

Whether you are someone with an acknowledged dissociative profile, and/or someone who is sceptical of DID, and/or someone who loves and/or hates aspects of themselves, and/or someone who lives with or works with any or all of the above, this book should be an essential addition to your library.
I found this really informative and a book i will refer to in my work. But as much as being useful for professionals , it is well written with minimal jargon and therefore helpful for anyones own use.

In the book you will learn what dissociation is and I love how it contextualises it as normal when trauma has been experienced. Shame and stigma reducing!!

There are helpful tips on how to address it, with a focus on accepting it as you do,  and learning how to live a fulfilling life. Also if you feel you want professional support, things to consider when sourcing it are explored.

Really useful book for many.
An informative read all about mental disorders especially disassociation.
Here, you’ll learn:
What dissociation is--and why it’s a natural response to trauma
How to understand and work with your “parts”--the unique emotional and behavioral profiles that can develop from personality fragmentation
There’s nothing shameful about dissociating--that, in fact, we can all dissociate
Skills and strategies for living your best, authentic, and most fulfilled life
What to look for in a therapist: choosing a healer who sees you and gets it
Foundational elements of healing from trauma, including PTSD and C-PTSD
Well worth a read.
A full, comprehensive, and accessible overview of what disassociation means in the clinical sense and the many ways it could manifest in our daily lives from the perspective of someone with a trauma-informed lens. I enjoyed the psycho-education shared in the text around human development and the integration of different parts of our identities. The author includes many case examples from her own work with clients as well as questions one can ask while interviewing therapists and trying to gain a sense of their philosophy around working with the integration of different parts.

I appreciated that the author focuses on options for treatment and healing. This is a text that both reduces the stigma associated with the term disassociation , demystifies the term, and also covers the experience of those living with dissociative struggles with compassion, empathy and understanding.

Thank you to the author and publisher for the E-arc.