Cover Image: The Rebel Girls Handbook

The Rebel Girls Handbook

Thank you very much NetGalley and Rebel Girls for a copy of The Handbook in exchange on my honest opinion.

It's not a secret that I love Rebel Girls, what they do, the amount of people the give visibility to, the women they enhance, the care they take, their illustrations... This Handbook wasn't an exception.

I loved this book from the beginning. I liked the first few pages more focused in the different continents. We found some of the most amazing women in Europe, Asia, Africa...

And then we had the pleasure to see plenty more great women in the rest of the book.

I recognized most of them but I also found many more new ones and that's what I love the most about Rebel Girls!
Another great title from Rebel Girls. This time, rather than telling stories of Inspiring women we have lots of facts arranged in bullet points, with a bright illustration and their superpower highlighted with a lightning bolt. There are also lots of suggestions of actions you could take to build your own superpowers. The book begins with maps of each continent and some key historical and modern women from each continent before leading into the main text featuring around 300 women who have made their mark on the world in areas of conservation, sport, activism, acting, science and more! There really is someone here to inspire every young girl, whatever their interests or background.
An inspiring book filled with inspiring women - beautifully written and illustrated!

I really enjoyed reading this and always love their collection. 4✨
Thank you Netgalley for letting me read and review this book. I learned a lot while reading The Rebel Girls Handbook. Everyone should read this, especially kids. This book was inspiring and hopeful.
Great I love the REBEL series. Very important for young girls as well and they are beautifully made with so much love and color.
I actually liked this one enough that I even preordered a copy to be able to read in person and have it on my shelf. I enjoyed that there was a wide range of women with different occupations and abilities to show that you can do anything you put your mind and heart to. One figure that I feel should have been included in the book was Selena Gomez because not only is she a celebrity she owns a makeup company and she is a mental health advocate. My most extensive critique is the quality of some of the images of the women. Some images were caricature outlines of the figure, whereas others were super detailed portraits. I think there needs to be a better balance between the quality and presentation of the images.
I love the rebel girls books and this is a great addition to the books!
This is full of inspiration girls and woman through history, with lots of tasks that you can do with your family/yourself.
I will be buying this for my little sister who is 11.

I received this book in exchange for a honest review
Another amazing addition to the Rebel Girls series of books! Full of inspirational women divided by nationality and time in history. This is followed by mini bios which have activities tied to some of the women in question - write a fantasy story like Isabel Allende, imagine you are tree sitter for 2 days like Julia Hill. I love the highlighted “superpowers” for each woman - from kindness to imagination, showing that we can be inspirational with every day aspects of our personality.
I love the Rebel Girls series and this one is a fun addition! This is such an inspiring collection and really fun. Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for providing this ARC. All thoughts are my own.
I literally love the Rebel Girls. They are an amazing and inspiring feminism brand that includes everyone of all in the world. This handbook is pretty cool, if I'm being honest. It has inspiring people from well, all over the world. Just a few of my favorites are:

- Ladi Kwali
- Brigid Kosgei
- Gloria Steinem

Not only that, it provides young girls with a timeline of powerful women throughout the years, and further on includes information with more inspiring women.

Really love this brand, perfect introduction for young girls, especially those who need inspiration.
A good follow-up for young readers into the Rebel Girls series, the handbook has some engaging things for them to do.
These Rebel Girls books never get old, so I was thrilled to come across this handbook. Not only does it continue the trend of shining a light on amazing Rebel Girls, but it provides activities and additional ways to grasp their young (and younger) readers' attention. 10/10 would continue to recommend!
These books are so incredibly special. Every time I see a new one, I instantly request it to read and review.

The Rebel Girls series is full of books that highlight extraordinary women and girls. I love how in the latest book, it includes so many inspirational people. The Rebel Girls Handbook does a fantastic job with including women of many backgrounds, ethnicities, religions, and cultures. Too often in books like this, the women featured are often straight, white, and able bodied. But Rebel Girls highlights women that are left out in these other books. This is SO important for young readers. Now they have the ability to see themselves within these pages.

This book and other Rebel Girls titles are must haves for young girls. If I had a daughter, I would have every single book in the series.
Rebel Girls can do no wrong!!

Thanks so much to NetGalley and the publishers for letting me read this book in exchange for my review.
This is probably my favourite of the series that I've read so far. Love the layout, the colours, the graphics, the maps - everything pops and it's so, so engaging to read. Would definitely buy as a gift. Fabulous!
This book is a bit different from the other books, still very nice though!
It first covers maps with parts of the world, continents or countries and highlights the specifics of that region and mentions the woman who stood out living in those regions/countries. The maps show arrows to the various woman of which you see tiny drawings.

This is being followed up by a section which is called Rebel girls throughout history, which is very nice as there is a nice timeline, highlighting important world facts, like when the pyramids were built, and you will see some names of woman who were part of this world history. The first section makes some big steps the later pages a lot of smaller steps, meaning more names of woman and information.

The next section is made up of pages full of rebel girls and woman with their characteristics and facts, fears and dreams. In this way there are a lot of women covered. These pages are made up of a lovely drawing and the various facts of the rebel woman, highlighting their superpowers. The women are listed alphabetically on their first name like always in the Rebel books.

Some of the rebels or special woman featured in the book are Agatha Christie, Aretha Franklin, Astrid Lindgren, Audrey Hepburn, Beatrix Potter, Diane von Fürstenberg, Florence Nightingale, Frida Kahlo, Golda Meir, Iman, Isabel Allende, Jane Austen, Jane Goodall, Kamala Harris, Madeleine Albright, Malala Yousafzai, Margaret Atwood, Nina Simone en Oprah Winfrey.

If I have to mention a small drawback is that this book is actually a collection of about 300 women who have already been featured in the Good Night Stories books, now they are only portrayed with only a few of their characteristics and their bios, the illustration, although beautiful, is a small version of the normally full-page illustration in the aforementioned books. So I don't think this book is an addition to the Good Night stories, it is rather a nice reference book with well-known, and less well-known, women through the ages.
The Rebel Girls Handbook by Rebel Girls.
Malala Yousafzai fights for girls' education around the world. . . and there's an asteroid named after her. Florence Nightingale was a nurse who saved lives during the Crimean War. . . and she had a pet owl named Athena. María Isabel Urrutia is a Colombian weightlifter. . . and the inspiration for a character in the film Encanto.
I absolutely love this series.  5*.
After reading a couple other books in the series, I was overwhelmed by this handbook. I love how this is grouped by region and then even more information is given, as well as a fairly in depth time line of historical events.
Thank you Rebel Girls for once again sending me a copy of this wonderful book!

The book is divided in different sections; women around the world and the impact they had on others, women throughout history, and "meet the rebels", a section with over 300 hundred women and a lot of interesting and fun facts about them. I feel like this format is aimed towards younger girls than previous one, but I also think that anyone can enjoy from reading it, no matter the age or sex.

I am always very excited to read these, because they are gorgeous and very informative. This is a more interactive book than the previous ones, which were merely informative, and I love that about it. It even has a little explanation on the beginning about how to use the book,

The illustration style is as beautiful as ever and I also liked the colour palette very much.
Haven't read a Rebel Girls book I didn't admire and learn from!
The Rebel Girls books are a great encouragement for the girls who will grow to be the movers, shakers, and fixers of the world they will inherit. There are women well known to all, or to today's mothers, or today's girls, or simply good examples from prior and current centuries and countries all around the world. This excellent book is designed to make all think outside the box and act in belief in their opportunity to enact change.
The illustrations continue to be delightful, imaginative, and colorful.
Well suited for reading WITH someone of any age including ESL, and great for gifting to anyone, but especially to a school or public library!
I requested and received a free temporary e-book on Adobe Digital Editions from Rebel Girls via NetGalley. Thank you!