Cover Image: The Secret Benefits of Invisibility

The Secret Benefits of Invisibility

*received for free from netgalley for honest review* Read this first book in this series and really liked it, though i remember it well i feel if i had read it again before reading this one i would have liked this one more so 3.5 bumped up to 4
The secret benefits of invisibility - C.W. Allen

Firstly thank you to NetGalley for letting me review this book…You want more lines from my reviews otherwise you’ll close my account, right!? 🤷‍♀️

Secondly this is a great book for pre-teens, I myself loved it, it’s different to my usual go to type of book but I would recommend I think you’ll like the herding Dodos 🦤 too. lol
This was a really good book! I enjoyed the narrator!  I hope there is another book in this series!
The characters were good and the story was well developed.
I enjoy an audio book, I often listen on my walking commute - nothing nicer than a brisk cold morning walk to work while someone reads to you. I do find my tastes for audio books differ to the books I like to read though. I thought I would enjoy this but found it hard to stay engaged, my mind had a tendency to wander rather than focus. I’m not sure why I wasn’t hooked in by it.
An entertaining Children’s middle grade story. I enjoyed the audio narrator that gave voice to brother and sister, although at times I did zone out from the story. I feel middle grade readers would enjoy this book for a quick escape and fun fantasy.
This book could easily be added to the banned books list and its a great thing. I must admit, I didn't realize this was a sequel and this impacted my reading journey. However,  despite Allen does a great job of weaving an inclusive and exciting story of mystery, bravery and resistance.  This has underlying tones that will urge young readers to critically assess the situations of the characters.  I do not read many children's books but this one definitely is a great pick for any adults looking for a book to read with their little ones.

Thanks to netgalley who provided me an ARC of this book.
This wonderful audiobook is Book Two in the Falinnheim Chronicles series by C.W. Allen.  Book two begins with Zed and Tuesday adjusting to a new world, but everything changes again when the Resistance base is attacked.  Zed and Tuesday are suddenly in hiding, and they take on an even bigger part in the fight for freedom.  From secret missions to kidnapping, the action doesn’t stop, and the fight against evil continues.

It took me just a tiny bit longer to get hooked by this book as opposed to the first one, but then it grabbed me and I went on an even greater adventure than before. The author's depiction of the varying reactions to those under the thumb of an evil dictator is well done and is similar to reactions in real life.  The power of manipulation and the effect it can have is shown through the actions of the dictator and his minions.  The roles of Zed, Tuesday, and their parents in this fight grow throughout the book until they reach a dramatic conclusion.   The fight for freedom can take many forms, and this series does a good job of explaining that.

The narrator Ivy Tara Blair does a great job of portraying the multitude of characters and displaying all their unique personalities.

Middle-grade readers, their parents, and their grandparents will all find characters to identify with in this book.  This is a great family read.

I received a free copy of this audiobook from Cinnabar Moth Publishing via Netgalley.  My review is voluntary and my opinions are my own.
While it stands alone well, this book feels like a nice middle book in a series.

It doesn’t over explain the past, and it leaves some gaps that seem reasonable.

The pacing seems appropriate in audio format and the narrator does an excellent job with the story and characters.

I would recommend this book as a nice young adult adventure with smart plot lines and funny twists.

Overall, a fun ride
Thank you to Netgalley for the audiobook!
After reuniting with their parents, Tuesday and Zed must continue their lives in Falinnheim because they have no way of returning to their dimension. The four of them live in the Resistance base. At the end of the first book, the siblings learn their mum is a Princess. The royal family used to govern Falinnheim. Tieran, the current ruler of Falinnheim, had overthrown the royal family by having them killed. Theodora was the only survivor. Their dad used to be her bodyguard, and over time they fell in love, got married, and had Tuesday and Zed.
During an inside-the-base field trip, a security breach happens, and all of the doors in the base seal shut, trapping the kids and their professors inside a laboratory. One of the profs mentions that there is a secret exit, that they can use to escape before it gets sealed off too. Together they run away to a safe house where they will reside for a long time. While trying their best to celebrate Hannukah with different games, tasty meals, and telling stories, the awareness of their unfortunate situation is there. They must plan their return to the base and rescue the residents trapped there.

In this installment, the story becomes direr as the threats pile up. Our protagonist duo remains their bravest selves, except now they have the help of the other kids from the base and the adults involved. The cast of characters exponentially grows from the first to the second book, and it occasionally becomes hard to track who is who. The writer did their best to diversify the characters, but it ended up lessening the quality of the characters. Developing an extensive cast of characters is challenging, and they remain one-dimensional. I didn't mind it that much because the spotlight is on the siblings, and their characters were consistent. There wasn't much space for them to grow as they were written too mature for their age.

The second book is characterized by the same focus on the fast-paced action sprinkled with peaceful moments intended for banter between characters. After the conflict from the beginning gets resolved, the story's focus shifts to the main villain. The story takes the shape of the classic fairy tale trope - good vs. evil. The ending is unsurprising and quickly wrapped up. My main complaint is that we see less of Nyx, but we get a few moments with dodo birds. In Falinnheim, dodo birds are not extinct, and the resistance base has a dodo farm, which is pretty cool. I enjoyed this part slightly less than the first one but overall, I am satisfied with it. I will be reading the third part when it comes out. I am interested in which direction the story will go because all the loose ends are tied up.
Having begun to settle into their new life in Falinnheim, Zed and Tuesday started to attend school and help out with various chores in the community, pitching in to take care of the dodo birds, help in the gardens, or whatever task they are given. One day, during a school fieldtrip, things go a little wonky. They flee from the secret base they now call home. Now, it falls to them, and the handful of adults on the outside, to create and execute a rescue attempt.

The adventure continues for Zed and Tuesday in this latest installment of their adventure in Falinnheim. The author's playful use of language brings a joyful touch to a creative, imaginative, and slightly wacky story written for middle grade readers. The new characters that are introduced in this continued story are also engaging and will have you rooting for the underdogs by the end. This is a fun book worth adding to your collection!

Thank you to NetGalley and Cinnabar Moth Publishing LLC for providing a copy of this book for review. All opinions are my own.
Free audiobook received in exchange for an honest review.

The sequel started off a bit slow. The kids are trying to fit into the new place and they learn a lot of new things. Even when the story starts progressing, it still continues in the slow pace. Only in the last third we really get some action and the end was spectacular. It was really satisfying how everything came together.

I really enjoyed the focus on what children can do to help. How they become invisible because no one pays them attention. Also, the way they solve problems that the adults might not think of.

Besides the kids, I really enjoyed the old grandma's character. She is such an unapologetic woman (as grandmas tend to be) and where the leaders are discussing the best strategies carefully she just waltzes in, takes over and does her thing.

Tha narration continues being bit too much dramatised than was necessary but I already got used to it. Still, some of those sighing pauses are a bit annoying.

All in all, I really liked this second entry in the series. The story that started in the first book kind of ended here, but I suppose there are still things to resolve. I will definitely pick up the third book when it comes out.
C.W Allen gives readers a fun follow-up to the first book, Relatively Normal Secrets. Zed and Tuesday continue their adventures of saving Falinnheimm. This time, there’s more kidnapping, and more adults that might need the kids to come and save the day.
I would like to thank Cinnabar Moth Publishing and Netgalley for providing me with an audio ARC.

This was a good sequel to the series.  Each book seems to be trying to tackle a different issue that children face.  I appreciate the themes the series is discussing. The narrator does an excellent job at narrating the book.  She helps to keeping the story engaging.  There was some good character development.  There was also some good at world building.  I enjoyed the addition of dodos in this book.  They helped to add some interest and humor into the world. Overall, this was a very enjoyable and interesting read.
Zeb and June First are now living in Fallenhaim, but when it’s attacked by an evil overlord named Taryn we not only get to know their new home better we also learn how to send messages in Rio eggs and hall cleaning supplies can really help you win a war. I loved book one and thought book 2 was just as adorable. I thought the narrator Ivy Tara Blair did a phenomenal job. If there is going to be a book 3 I would be curious to read it. I find books for young people like this are fun and reminds me of the days when I was little and would read as much as I could during the summer and on holidays. If you love stories about good versus evil alternate universe is the normal things not acting as they should you’ll love“The secret powers of invisibility“ by CW Allen. I received the audiobook from NetGalley and the publisher but I am leaving this review voluntarily please forgive any mistakes as I am blind and dictate my review.
Oops! She did it again!

Yes. The second part of The Falinnheim Chronicles is as good as the first part.

Once again I applause the author for her ability to create very realistic characters and combine them with adventurous story.

I truly recommend it. The story is filled with valuable lessons for kids and I absolutny love it!
Did not realize this was the second book in a series so I went into this missing out on reading the first book. However, I feel like I understood enough from the plot to realize what was going on. I liked how this book explored resistance against political power and had a combination of both fantastical and scientific tools/weapons. It talked about the use of technology like hover crafts and holograms, but also had a magical item that could switch into the shape that you wanted. It also talked about extinct creatures like Dodos which I found fun. I even noticed they talked about Hanukkah and its history. Definitely an interesting story that I think kids would get a lot from.
Although I missed the first book but short summary at beginning chapter give me plenty grip to follow important part of this book. I will go back and try get my hand to first book to enrich my knowledge about details of this story.
The narrator is doing good work for this audio. The narration is clear, enjoyable and help alot to live up the story and enhancing my listening experience.

I read this book without expectation because the author is new name for me.  I want give fair chance and let my self just lost into the story. And I am surprise with how rich the worldbuild in here.  Both main character are easy to remember and likeable.  And most of all I love the plotline it self, it is complex enough to keep adult readers interested but at same time easy to understand for younger readers.  I would love to read another books from the author and happily recommend this book to book friends.

Thank you Netgalley and Cinnabar Moth Publishing LLC, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA) for provided my audio copy. My thoughts are my own.
This is the second in a middle grade fantasy series and I enjoyed this one almost as much as the first!

Much like the first book, this was full of fun adventures, intense moments, and a lot of great problem solving. I was glad to be back in the magical realm of Fallinnheim as more of the story was slowly revealed. I’m really looking forward to reading the next in this series!

Thank you Cinnabar Moth Publishing LLC & Netgalley for the gifted alc in exchange for an honest review!
This is a fun sequel to Relatively Normal Secrets.  This title picks up right where the first title left off.  The narrator delivers a stellar performance and really shows the awe and emotion that the characters feel throughout the story.  I highly recommend readers start with the first title in order to get a feel for the characters and the world that C.W. Allen has created.
Book #2 - “The Secret Benefits of Invisibility”” is an entertaining and thought provoking read for  Middle Graders, and fun for adults too.

The audiobook was a fast, easy listen, and I can not wait to see future adventures are in store for Tuesday and Zed.

A sincere thank you to NetGalley, Cinnabar Moth Publishing LLC, and Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA) for providing me an advanced audiobook of “The Secret Benefits of Invisibility” in exchange for an honest review. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to listen to the story and leave my review voluntarily.