Cover Image: Catch Her Death (Detective Madison Harper Book 5)

Catch Her Death (Detective Madison Harper Book 5)

Another belter from Dranfield!
I have loved the books in this series I have read so far (though I have yet to read them all) but this is just a novel of drama, tension, blood and gore!
The opening scene threw me straight into the drama, a woman is found killed in her car with her 3 year old son unharmed with her.
The drama literally does not let up- the reader is constantly given clues and I admit to having baffled fascination through the entire book! I love this quality in thrillers- and the darker the better! The ending was a 'woooaaahhhh' jaw-dropping moment, but so clever!
Madison Harper is fast becoming a favourite character of mine! Her story really adds something to her character, and that is what I want from reading series.
Highly recommend.
This is such a fantastic series and you should definitely read them all in order so that you can understand Madison & Nates friendship. I absolutely adore Madison, Nate & Owen and there are also some great supporting characters. I’m not sure how I feel about the romance element but I’m intrigued to see where it goes. The whole case is heartbreaking but so gripping I could not put it down. I need more from this series asap.

I received a copy of the ebook via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
I absolutely adore Madison Harper, a strong female detective who we’ve definitely seen with her own struggles.

This book is another gem for the collection by Dranfield, as always I’ve found myself transported with this book. I’ve felt as though I’ve been there with the characters watching the events unfold.

My heart has ached for the poor little boy in this one. Dranfield has a talent for making her readers feel the emotions and tensions from her words.

This is another book filled with tension and mystery. I have loved this book from beginning to end. This is a gem and I’m so glad we’ve been able to revisit Madison Harper.

I adore this series and this is another brilliant book. I highly recommend this one to everyone.
This is the first in the series of these books that I have read and I loved it. I loved the storyline and the was it developed, well written and fast paced. I need to go back and read the others now.
What a read!  Suspense, fear, and characters that are so well drawn.  This is the fifth book in the series but the first I have read.  It can easily be a standalone.  Madison Harper is knee deep in a murder case that involves the brutal murder of a young mother with a three year child as the only witness.  The story is set near the Christmas holiday and another similar murder happens near the church in the small Colorado community on Christmas eve.  Madison's father, a retired FBI agent, soon sees similarities to a case he had handled years ago.  The tension is intense as Madison searches for clues and you as a reader also want to find the guilty party.  Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC.
This is an incredibly gripping and dramatic crime thriller. It’s quite hard to pinpoint exactly what I enjoyed about it as it was just so addictive from beginning to end.

It may be because I am a mum to young children myself, but I found the descriptions of children and deceased mums very harrowing, hard-hitting and even haunting. I found myself unable to read it in the moments before bedtime!

However, the haunting deaths and the likeable, dedicated main character of Madison just ensured that I was completely invested in the story and catching the killer.

The story builds to a climactic and explosive ending. It was clear from about half way through that the story was headed in a certain direction, but I was still very eager to find out how it would all come together.

Overall, this is another excellent example of gripping and crime fiction from a very talented writer. I can’t wait to read more from Wendy Dranfield!
Oh my! This was a Nail Biter! Be Prepared For Many Surprises!

Out of all five books, this has been the most intense and filled with so many surprises! It was also the most creepiest storyline! You can see that just from reading the back cover.

Wendy Dranfield is becoming one of my must read authors!

I found this series at the first book and was hooked. I am very intrigued by this series and author. I highly recommend checking this series out. The characters are people you get to know… you develop a sort of bond with Madison, Nate and Owen. You will want to find out what happens in the next

I received a complimentary ARC of this book from NetGalley on behalf of the Publisher and was under no obligation to post a favorable review.
This was yet another captivating, fast-paced, twisty installment in the Detective Madison Harper series. I have to admit though, it is the darkest one yet. I have met some pretty, twisted unsubs but this one was super cold, heartless and their crimes and motives were just something from a horror movie. Their modus operandi will haunt me for a while. All these made this quite a fascinating, memorable read.

A woman is found brutally murdered. There is one eye witness at the scene, a traumatized little child. The detectives can’t get much out of the child. They also don’t want to cause further trauma to an already broken child. Everyone is wondering why someone would have killed an innocent mum like that and subjected a child to such horrors. Madison’s team is equally disturbed and worried that the crimes might recur.

The case unfolds through chapters narrated by Madison, Nate, Bill Harper and the unsub. Each of the POVs was equally interesting. Madison leads the case with the tenacity that has become her signature. She leaves no stones unturned. Nate is haunted by his past and present. Bill Harper is Madison’s father, a retired FBI agent back into his daughter’s lives after 2 decades away but he has his own secrets.

This was a fast-paced, heart-pounding, engrossing case with a lot of heartbreak and jaw dropping twists along the way. I can’t wait to find out what lies ahead for the detective.
Yet another fantastic instalment from Wendy Dranfield’s Detective Harper series.
You jump into the action from the start and it doesn’t let up until the end. With twists and turns a plenty, you will be sure you know what’s happening and who did what, but it really keep you guessing until the end - even when you really think you know who’s responsible.
I love the way this one includes crimes from over 25 years ago and pulls together more of Detective Harpers past and family.
I’m sure I say each of this series ‘is the best one’ but they do just keep getting better!
Can’t wait to see where their lives lead them next!
Catch Her Death by Wendy Dranfield is the fifth book in the excellent in the Detective Madison Harper series and these books have all been a 5 star read. Wendy's books are fast paced and full of twists and turns that will have you hooked from the beginning till the end. Especially, as it will have you glued to your chair and everything you had planned may go out of the window. So allow yourself time to enjoy this wonderful book. It will not disappoint.

I loved it and I highly recommend this series

Big Thank you to Bookouture and to NetGalley for this ARC for review. This is my honest opinion.
Det. Madison Harper is one sharp detective! And that serial killer was one fucked up dude! This was a great twisty & turny ride and everyone should read it! I now have to go back and read the first 4 books in the series b/c I just jumped into book 5. I can't wait to see what she gets up to in those books! I am definitely loving this author!

#CatchHerDeathDetectiveMadisonHarperBook5
#NetGalley
This book deserves everyone of it's five stars it's a cracker!

It hooked me in from the first to the last page.

This is book five in the series and I've picked this one up from book three and have yet to be disappointed.

Wendy has a talent of writing absorbing thrillers that are engaging and relentless in a good way.
This was another great addition to the series but am hoping that in further books Madison develops more emotionally.📖📖
FANTASTIC police procedural addition to this great series of which I have read all & totally RECOMMEND highly. Suspenseful, with terrific characters in a mind boggling plot.  Kudos to a superb author.  Thanks to #NetGalley &#Bookouture for this ARC in return for my honest review.
Oh this is an absolutely brilliant, extremely addictive read. I'm hooked to this series and will read anything by this author and this book - wow! One of the best I've read this year. Five stars are not enough.
Another gripping novel  with Madison Harper running from 1 bizarre crime scene to another. Why are the little boys left untouched while their mothers killed?
Thank you netgalley and the publisher for this arc
I LOVE this series! This is the 5th book and they just get better. This book has so many twists and turns. I don't care for Madison's new partner at all. I like the relationship between her and Nate and hope it grows. I thank Netgalley for the advanced copy. I strongly recommend this book and the whole series
I love this series.  Though you can read this one as stand alone - I recommend reading in order. It helps to understand the interrelationships but also get you obsessed with this series!
Madison is about to celebrate her first Christmas with her son, Owen, in years. A killer uses the holiday to bring more attention to his victims. A young mother is found dead from a brutal assault.  While seating in the driver's seat. Her toddler son strapped in his carseat.
With few leads, Madison struggles with her frustration.  Then he kills another mom. With her child standing by.
Flashbacks to a case her father worked in the 1990s adds another element of suspense.
Such an amazing book! Cannot recommend enough!!
A masterpiece in fear.
This takes you down a dark scary path that is your worst nightmare. It’s filled with twists and turns and shadows lurking. Some of the best literary characters are with you on this journey to find a deranged soul. Jaw dropping and gripping from page one. You can’t put this down. Just bloody amazing!
Stayed up all night to read this one
Catch Her Death is the fifth book in the Detective Madison Harper series. It can be read as a standalone book but I would recommend reading the previous books as they are all fantastic.
Catch Her Death is a fast paced, turn pager that, as with previous books in this series, I could not put down. I love the characters and reading about their progression. I highly recommend Catch Her Death and all the previous books in this series.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for my ARC.