Cover Image: The Contract

The Contract

Hmmm
Initially the description drew me in.. but the story was different.. wasnt really into it.. and I stopped reading around 65%..

dnf
The Contract by Karissa Knight is a fabulous book following the Chicago Defence Lawyer, Wilhelmina Green and her adventures. We follow Mina on her tombstoning short breaks to punish herself for defending the guilty and letting them get away with murder and rapes. The real story, however, is with Mina and her lover Jonathon Heun. We follow Mina and Jon on a suspenseful mission to try and catch members of the Russian mafia who have demanded Jon pay them a large sum of money else lose his lover, Mina. This leads to Mina having a full time group of bodyguards. A couple of murders and a kidnapping later, but the police and FBI have still failed to catch the main perpetrator. This book will take you on a true adventure.

I absolutely loved this book, it is so gripping and I couldn't stop turning the pages. This book really did keep me up at night with excitement, and I think the fact I managed to read it within one week alongside my other commitments really shows how much I enjoyed this book. The story literally had me at the edge of my seat, for instance when the FBI came in to a sex den. This erotica was then nicely intertwined with scenes of sexual activity and bondage. This book offers the best of both worlds. A lovely erotica combined with an amazing and outstanding thriller plot which will keep you reading for hours.

However, the one minor criticism I have is, for an erotica, at times we were running thin on the sexual activity keeping the reader longing for more sex. However, although it was a bit low on sex at times, this actually added to the plot and was part of the literary devices employed by the author and helps us emphasis with Mina during those times she is longing for sex with her true lover.

I knew right from the beginning of this book, during the middle and at the very end that I had no other option but to rate this book 5 stars. This is one of the best books I have read in a while and I really truly could not put this book down due to it being so gripping. This book features the excitement and suspense of the thriller but also the romance and excitement of the erotica themes. This book is a great combination of the two genres and I believe this is part of what has made it such an amazing book. I would like to thank NetGalley and Books Go Social for providing me with an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this incredible book.

On a side note, I have read many books from the publishers Books Go Social with many more in my line up for early this year. The books from this publisher never disappoints me so I fully recommend you check out the books they have on offer.
It started off as a great read but then some parts were just a bit too far fetched. An easy read with a little bit of Shades of Grey to it.

Maybe good to take on holiday for some light reading!
Thanks to Netgalley for a copy of this book for an honest review.

I haven't read the first part of this trilogy and think this may have impacted on my reading of this book.  Found the constant mention of yoga positions confusing and distracting. Will be interested in reading the third part of this series to see how it all ends.
When I started this book, I was into it as a romance. However, it turned out to be more of a crime novel. Perhaps I just didn't have the right attitude. It was well written, but I found it a bit choppy and some themes just lagging, without being tied up at the end. However, it was still a good read.
Thank you NetGalley for providing this copy. The opinion here is solely my own.
I really wanted to love this book. I thought the plot sounded right up my street so was delighted to receive the  ARC. However I couldn’t get into it at all.  Sorry!
Mina and Jonathan's story is a complex one. It wasn't quite what I was expecting.  A strange mix of mafia, lawyers and BDSM that didn't quite work for me. The balance wasn't right and felt a bit thrown in to hit a genre.
I'll be honest, I didn't really love this book. I felt it hard to connect with either of the main two characters, and the plot seemed just slightly too bizarre and unlikely to make me feel invested in it. I wouldn't really class it as either 'erotica' or 'romance' - there are only small elements of both throughout - but more like a wannabe crime novel that just used those elements to get noticed and read; sorry.
4.2/5 stars

Following the events of the first book, Mina tries to take back control of her life in both her personal and professional life. As she is starting to trust Johnathan, his sketchy past comes to visit in the form of Janko Vorobiev who is deeply involved in the Russian mafia. Mina takes on a new client who is being used as a scapegoat for the Russian mafia in Chicago. Once again her involvement with Johnathan puts her back in danger.

Compared to the last book, this plot seems a lot slower. I felt that at times I was reading the same information many times throughout the book with no new developments. I understand that its a mystery and thriller and it needs suspense but I could barely get through some chapters. However, the actual plot of the story was intriguing to read about and the story itself was well described.

Even though she is hesitant to trust Johnathan, she stays with him continuing their sexual relationship as she continues to explore BDSM. I could definitely see that Johnathan cares for her, making sure she has a place to stay, a bodyguard to protect her, and the various amounts of gifts he brings her. However, I couldn't connect how Mina felt about him. I knew that she was conflicted about her emotions but I never got to the point where I could clearly see that she loved him.

The book was a good and fast read. I will definitely be reading the third book when it comes out.

Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with an arc of this book for an honest review.
Super confusing, has no backstory or build-up, and a poor imitation of 50 shades of grey and a big waste of my time.
It felt like a soggy middle. There wasn’t enough to keep me interested or invested. Rarely do I not finish books so I forced myself to keep reading and will not continue the series.
Mina and Johnathon’s connection didn’t feel genuine.
I LOVED this book, I did not know this was a sequel but I read the first one and absolutely loved this series. Jonathon Thomas Heun is officially my book crush now!
This is my first time reading this author and I didn't realize this was the second book in a series.  However, I really enjoyed this book and I'm thinking of trying to find book one so I can get the full picture of these characters.  Choices have consequences and this book will examine that.  Overall I enjoyed this book.  Thanks to the publisher and NetGally for the opportunity to read this book and provide my unbiased opinion.
I enjoyed this book. It gave us more information about Jonathon’s background. I felt after reading book 1 that he was an enigma. After reading this book, I feel like I know Jonathon more. I enjoyed the plot of the book, everything involving the Russian Mob, money laundering, and blackmail kept me reading.
B O O K R E V I E W

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ /5
🌶️🌶️🌶️/5

-----I was provided with a free ARC from NetGalley for an honest Review-----

This is the second book in the Mina's Choice Series. There are only 2 books out so far but the third book is being written.

After a long vacation away from the court room, Mina is back in action but now she doesn't want to protect and set free evil men anymore. With a new case about an immigrant from Russia being accused of fraud and money laundering and somehow having to do with the Russian mafia, Mina is in for a tricky one. But things start getting confusing when Jonathon's frenemy is somehow involved in this case in ways she did not expect and when an unexpected death happens, Mina knows that she isn't for a light ride.

Having read the first book, I can say that this is my favorite book out of the two. Some parts for me were confusing but we'll get to those bits in a little. This books didn't have as much spice as the last one and I'm grateful for that because there was an overwhelming amount of spice in the first one. This book was more focused on the case that Mina was working on and the Russian mafia. I just have to point out that the use of yoga posses was so random and honestly USELESS . Like what? Like there's a fight scene where someone has gotten hot and is literally BLEEDING and then the author described the characters position and compares it to some random yoga pose that I have never heard of. I was REALLY confused at some parts where I was questioning if Mina actually loved Jonathon or if he was her play thing or something but it got clearer closer to the end. The third book is being written as we speak but I won't be continuing this series in the foreseeable future. It had a good plot but it drags... ALOT. I felt like there is possible potential for this book but I'm still not interested or invested enough to keep on reading.

I do believe that many readers will like this series but this series was just not my cup of tea and it's literally the opposite of what I normally read.
The book is nice; there are no plot twists, and the reader can easily understand the story. It is nicely written.
I gave up on this about 20% of the way through. I didn't feel any connection to the mina, and I just didn't really care what was going on with her, which sounds bad I know. The writing was good but I just didn't want to finish it.
DNF this one, so I don't feel comfortable giving any star review. I could not connect with any characters for some reason.
This book had so many twists and turns. You never knew what was going to happen sat down and read in 2 hours. I need to go back and read book one now. This was my first read by this author but secondly will add her books to my to be read pile.
The Contract is a good continuation of the story between Mina and Johnathan. The first book was good but this book was far more suspenseful  The cover is very attractive to the eye and it was a quick read. I do like the ability of the author to continue this story and make you want to keep coming back for more. I am waiting for the 3rd book in this series because I need to know what else is going to happen. This will be a 5 out of 5 for the story. I will also be reviewing this on social media.
I love the author's play on Mina's guilt for taking on clients that make her feel like she is second-guessing her instinct for right and wrong.