Cover Image: Last Circle of Love

Last Circle of Love

I took me a little while to get into it, but once I did enjoy it. There are great character  though there were quite a number of them that I got confused at the start. Some of the concersations are bit cringey, but I find myself laughing a few times.
This book wasn’t quite the naughty laugh fest I was expecting, but what it was was honestly I think even better. The stories shared were romantic and heart warming, reminding you of small gestures in your own life and really highlighting what’s important when it comes to love. The religious aspects were not preachy at all, and actually added a comforting community aspect to the characters. There are a lot of points of view, so be aware of that if you struggle to follow multiple characters. I did feel like we unfortunately didn’t get to know any of the characters really well, but this didn’t detract overall.
Last Circle of Love A Novel by Lorna Landvik You Like Them General Fiction (Adult) | Women's Fiction Pub Date 06 Dec 2022 | Archive Date 20 Dec 2022 Lake Union Publishing This is a book about older ladies who are going through a change. I did think it was more fun than wanting to do a book about Erotica using the ABCs. I enjoyed the story but felt the execution could have been better as the story felt flat at times. Some parts of the story made me feel sad. #NetGalley #bookreview @lakeUnion #generalfictionadult #womensfiction
I was intrigued by the blurb. Imagine members of the church coming together to write the ABCs of Erotica to raise money for their church. Despite the presumptuous blurb, the story unfolds in a very heartwarming way. It focuses on four women coming up with ideas for their ABCs, giving a different outlook on love and relationships.

This is a very heartwarming and thoughtful story, I was worried that the plot will be preachy as it centers on a church but I was pleasantly surprised by how the author execute her plot. I also enjoyed the individual story of each character and how they come together and support each other.

The plot may seem stagnant at times but overall, I still enjoyed reading this. Thank you Netgalley and Lake Union Publishing for the arc.
Calendar Girls meets the Full Monty when this Church Cirlce of “Naomi’s” seeks to raise money for their ailing parish by writing a book about the ABC’s of love. Told in multiple perspectives, each woman shares what living and loving means to them, and finds themselves on a journey of self discovery along the way. These ladies are reclaiming old narratives, repairing relationships, and rewriting their stories. Thank you to @NetGalley and Lake Union for my gifted ARC.
This book was fantastic! I really enjoyed it and it kept me guessing throughout, which is difficult for most books to do. I felt like I connected with the characters and really enjoyed the plot!
I really enjoyed this book. Some parts are a little uncomfortable, as I am sure you can imagine when you think about octogenarians talking about sex and romance. Some parts are very sad as you hear about the other things associated with age like death, cancer, and dementia. But through it all there is such a large amount of love and gratitude within the Naomi's circle and the book they write. In order to raise money for their Church, the group writes the ABCs of Erotica, later termed the Last Circle of Love. However, it doesn't really end up being about sex but rather about love and romance in general. For example, B stands for bravery because there is no starting a relationship or making steps without it. J is for Jewel, both to commemorate one woman's story and a way to say that you should always be cherished in relationships. There are so many others and nice bits of wisdom that you will just need to read to discover on your own. I think I am going to make my own ABC book for my boyfriend about what he means to me and maybe one for myself for those days when I need a pick-me-up to remind me of my good qualities or things I have to be grateful for. I think it might be a good gift idea for lovers, parents to children especially at major milestones, or children to parents to thank them for all they do. I am so glad I was able to get this ARC to read and review.
I really liked that this book was about older people instead of the younger crowd. It was a nice change. This was the type of book you wanted to live in the town and be friends with all the people. I love when an author can make you feel at home with a book! This was a first read by Lorna but it definitely won't be my last!

Thank you NetGalley and  Lake Union Publishing for allowing me to read this ARC.
I like to take a chance now and then and read something outside of my comfort zone. Sometimes this pays off, and sometimes it doesn’t. I thought the premise of Last Circle of Love sounded unusual, and I’ve read something from the author, Lorna Landvik, before, so though I usually avoid books that mention religion, I hoped for the best.

Last Circle of Love has its moments, I often found it sweet, warm, funny and thoughtful, and somewhat surprisingly, really not at all preachy. The women of the circle, and their Pastor, are often not what you’d expect, certainly a little bolder, and and I enjoyed their individual stories.

Unfortunately however the novel’s execution overall felt uneven to me. The plot doesn’t really have much in the way of momentum and often feels unfocused. In part I think this is because the shifts between the perspectives of the many characters happen quite randomly and as a result the story feels disjointed. The conclusion also leaves some important threads dangling.

Though it has its charms, the issues with the structure meant Last Circle of Love was simply an okay read for me.
I haven’t read a Lorna Landvik tale in a long time. She didn’t disappoint! Charming, heartwarming and a bit risque!
Thanks for something new! Also, thanks for a book about a great subject- Love. Something we all need to be reminded of in this crazy, busy world.
3.5 stars for this enjoyable story about a group of Women in a Naomi group at All Souls Lutheran Church. The new pastor has her work cut out for her…trying to compete with a new shiny MegaChurch and slow the number of parishioners leaving in addition to raising money for her ailing church.  They brainstorm an idea of a different type of recipe book…ABCs of Erotica.  Scandalous for a church book!

What a cast of characters.  Each women, all over 50, have secrets and need to explore what this means to each of them.  A larger cast of characters, all lovable in their own right, but can be hard to follow all the stories and keep them straight.  It was nice to read about ‘mature’ women coming to term with their past, present and future. Deeper friendships are formed, relationships renewed and eyes opened.  Cozy, lighter read.

Thanks to Ms Landvik, Lake Union Publishing and NetGalley for this ARC. Opinion is mine alone!
It was not what I thought it would be, it was a nice read but it did feel like it was dragging. I really wanted to love it more. A good read, not great.
⭐️⭐️⭐️
Could even be rounded up to 3.5. I had some trouble focusing on this one, it seemed like the storyline jumped around quite a bit.
Overall, I enjoyed it.
It was cute, I liked the characters a lot.
I could definitely get a good idea in my head of the types of characters the women of All Souls were.
The ending was slightly lackluster. A twist that came out of left field, but it was just…unnecessary, I thought.
There was a lot that I enjoyed about this book, and some things I could have done without.

The thing I enjoyed the most was the focus on how it's the simple things that really capture our hearts and imaginations. It's dancing. It's gallantry. It's compliments. The early lustful part of a relationship is all well and good, but it's not going to be enough decades later because lust will fade. So, exploring what "gets your motor running," as these sweet ladies put it, is a worthwhile exploration.

Personally, I couldn't get into the gay and transgendered bits as much. The publishing industry is swinging too far in that direction right now, trying to overcorrect, in my opinion.

But overall, I found it an enjoyable story. I enjoyed the peeks into each of the main characters' lives, and how working on this book together really changed them and their circumstances.

Thanks to Lorna Landvik, Lake Union Publishing, and NetGalley for an advance review copy.
A lovely, warm, feel good book with a great set of characters and a certain amount of mischief. An enjoyable, feel good read..
I have always been a big fan of the heartwarming, humorous stories by Lorna Landvik! This one is no exception. Sex/lack of sex in older church women and fundraising are terrific subjects for a story. Many characters in this book, so pay close attention, it is worth it.
Long time Lorna Landvik fan so excited to receive this ebook from Netgalley.

I really enjoyed this look at romance and sex "later in life". Along the way the women in the circle learn more about themselves, what they had and what they want. I love the exploration of many different ways that romance and sex can be expressed and enjoyed - or not enjoyed, if that is the agreed on decision. The theme of being comfortable in your partnership and free to explore your sexuality while being a religious person is affirming and refreshing.
Funny as and  heartwarming, I enjoyed all the church ladies, their husbands and the pastor. While I was reading I felt like I was part of their life. This book is heartwarming and good humored. The church ladies just want to raise money for the church and, at the same time, stick it to the big, well-endowed church across town. Forget the cookbook that many churches create as a fundraiser. These gals were going to write an A-Z book of erotica. Needless to say, this didn't go over well with everyone! Four stars !
Last Circle of Love, by Lorna Landvik, is a cute story, but too many characters make it difficult to follow.  I couldn't keep up with who was doing what. I finally resorted to making a chart on paper to help me out. This definitely took away from my level of enjoyment. but got me through the book. Thank you, NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with an ARC ebook in exchange for my honest opinion.
The Last Circle of Love by Lorna Landvik is a book about a group of church ladies, the Naomi Circle.
They are members of a church called "All Souls" which is in financial decline.
Their rival church, which is thriving and wealthy is called "Prince of Peace" which is often derisively called "Price of Peace"

There are a LOT of characters in this book.
I found it really hard (impossible) to keep the women in the Naomi circle and their spouses/partners straight.
I did like that the pastor was a woman, and I loved the storyline about the church janitor/handyman.

It might help this book to get a chart of the women, their spouses, and their "issue"
Like Who was the women who was married to the tailor with alzheimers?

The book is not badly written, and the length of the book was good, but it was kind of hard to follow.
I received a free ARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.