Cover Image: Sounding Joy

Sounding Joy

I loved this book! It was gorgeous, poetic and my children loved it. It gave us the opportunity to have a meaningful discussion and grow closer together as a family. The author never disappoints and I’m thankful to Netgalley for this opportunity to give an honest review!
I love Sounding Joy by Ellie Holcomb!  Sounding Joy is beautifully illustrated and written.  Sounding Joy builds with different sounds that are made to the sounds the Angels made when Jesus was born.  Sounding Joy continues to  build by showing us how we (can) celebrate and worship Jesus during the holiday season and always.  I highly recommend Sounding Joy to add to your Christmas library.  Thank you to NetGalley and the Publisher for the opportunity to read this book.  My review is also on Goodreads.
A very sweet retelling of the night Jesus was born and how his birth brings us joy. I loved the rhyming cadence.
Love love love Ellie and her Children’s books, and this one is no exception. She has a gift for bringing big truths into captivating pages, song and stories for little hearts. Thank you Ellie for sharing your gift with us again this Christmas!
I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is a beautiful book. The pictures are adorable and the message of the book is wonderful!
This is a sweet children's book about what joy is and why there is joy in Christmas. It is a call to lift our voices and repeat sounding joy. The illustrations in this book are beautiful, and this is sure to be a favorite Christmas book for little ones. The words to this book are a new song by Ellie, and I look forward to listening to the song with my children this Christmas season
Not only does this picture book have the cutest pictures but it has the best Christmas story. Perfect for a kiddo and family Christmas read.

When I saw that Ellie Holcomb had a book coming out even though it's a children's book I knew I needed to see if my family would like it, and I was not disappointed. I highly recommend you check it out.
My family has loved Ellie Holcomb’s childrens books, they are some of our favorites to read and to give away!  Sounding Joy did not disappoint.  She addresses the Christmas story within the context of celebrating the Christmas season.  The illustrations allow us to see the manger scene as well as modern towns decorated with candy canes and Christmas trees.  With a lot of children’s Christmas books, it seems like you must choose between the manger story and modern celebrations, but I really appreciate how this book shows the child that both can go together.  I’m anticipating that there might be a song that correlates with the words written on the pages & if so can’t wait to hear it,

Thank you to net galley for providing and ARC in exchange for an honest review..
"Sounding Joy" by Ellie Holcomb is a perfect book for those from 1-92! This book is perfect for those who want a heartwarming story to share with their loved ones around Christmastime. The book will easily become a family tradition.
Beautiful!  The wording is fantastic, and the story is so perfect for the Christmas Season.  The illustrations are the perfect companion to the story.  The obvious harmony between man and animals, the earth, and the heavens above.  Will be adding this to our family Christmas shelf!

Thank you NetGalley & B&H Publishing Group (B&H Books, Holman Bibles, B&H Español, and B&H Kids) for the ARC
Sounding Joy is an adorable children's book about what joy sounds like. It goes through some cute ideas with children ice skating, sledding, and playing Hide and Seek. Then it turns to the story of Christmas and our Savior's birth. The book starts off with rhyming sentences but the rhymes are wonky in the middle. To me it messes with the flow of the story. It's slightly jarring to read but the illustrations are especially beautiful!! All in all a beautiful religious Christmas book to share with your kids!!
Sweet children’s picture book invites you to enjoy the childlike wonder of Christmas!
 I enjoyed looking through it.
Ellis Holcomb has a such a heart for the Lord that shines through in all of her writing. This sweet book is no different. True joy is found our Lord Jesus Christ. This book points children to the real reason for the season… the birth of our Savior Jesus. The illustrations are vibrant and gorgeous. The story is wonderful and true. I appreciate the opportunity to read it in advance, and look forward to purchasing the book when it’s released to read to my children and remind them to make a joyful noise unto the Lord, for He is so worthy and so good!!
Really sweet, exuberant and colourfully illustrated book about the joys of Christmas  and what it means. The children are seen interacting with animals and some details invite a closer look.

This would make a nice little volume to share with a young child, together with more explanations why Jesus had to come perhaps.

4 stars from me.
A sweet new book for the Christmas season that poses the question, what does it mean to repeat a sounding joy? What does joy sound like? Ellie Holcomb speaks to the inquisitive soul of children (and adults alike) by asking more questions than giving answers. She speaks to the imagination and beauty of the season. I am looking forward to reading this book with children at Christmas time! Thank you for the ARC copy to review.
An adorable book that gives a little bit about Christmas, though admittedly it doesn’t actually tell about the birth of Jesus. There is also one small picture of a baby intended to be Jesus, just a heads up for those that have a conviction against that. Another one that would be good for kids under 6.
This holiday picture book talks about the idea of sounding joy. With a number of fun activities and religious scenes pictured, this book will make a lovely addition to a family’s Christmas book collection. I would recommend this to parents of children in the age 4-7 range who celebrate Christmas.
Cute pictures! Sweet story, but very simple. Good for very young kids.

Thank  you to the publisher and NetGalley for the advance e-copy. The opinions expressed are entirely my own.
What a lovely Christmas book. It’s a quick and easy book for kids that not only gets us to look at what may bring us everyday joy, but in Christmas time, it’s a reminder of what joy we’ve been given by God. The illustrations I thought were wonderful. Really fun to look at and to read, nice rhythm and rhyme and an overall great story. Would definitely recommend this to other friends and family.

I voluntarily reviewed this after receiving a free copy.
Thank you so much to NetGalley and B&H Publishing Group for my copy of Sounding Joy by Ellie Holcomb in exchange for an honest review. It publishes September 20, 2022.
This was such a sweet little book! I think it’s a new Christmas classic. Definitely would make a great gift for any kid, and a gorgeous addition on the holiday shelf! Highly recommend!