Cover Image: I'm So Effing Hungry

I'm So Effing Hungry

The title and cover of this book instantly hooked me and I couldn't wait to read this book.  Dr. Shah does a great job breaking down the reasons why people feel hungry all of the time and offered easy to follow solutions to help reduce this hunger in a healthy way.  While some of the solutions are not ones I will most likely follow it is good to know there are options available.
There is A LOT of science in this book. The author explains in great detail the science behind hunger. At times the science of it all is overwhelming (there's chapters of it).  I found myself wanting to get to the nitty gritty of it all; what do I need to do and what should I be eating?  It all boils down to the five steps...Replenish, Rewire, Reset, Refresh and Retrain. My thanks to the author for trying to "dumb down" the science but it was still just too much.

Thank you to NetGalley for giving me an ARC of this book.
Lots of science in this book!  Fortunately the author explains in detail but it can be a bit overwhelming and I feel like I'll need to consult back with the book.  She encouraged small steps but there is alot of content so I'll need to study more to do more than a small step.  Very comprehensive approach.
I was extremely excited to receive an advance copy of this book as I have enjoyed the author's previous book, I'm So Effing Tired. I appreciate the author's words of caution at the start of the book around eating disorders. If you have trouble with food and your body image, you need to work with a professional prior to engaging in this book.

If you have struggled with your hunger, know something is off with your hormones, but can't quite figure it out, this book will be beneficial.
This book was such a breath of fresh air. Real, tangible EVIDENCE-BASED information and ways to actually take action. I finally feel like I have the answers I need to move forward. I can't wait to see the results from this approach and share it with others in my world who struggle with their weight.
Another great book from this author.
Amy covers it all for those who are done with "diets" and want real long lasting results.
Her explanation and theories are on the right track.
Thanks Netgalley and the publisher for this advanced reader's copy of this book.
I have been looking for easy ways to lose weight but always thought it was me who was always so hungry. Glad I'm not the only one and this book felt like it was written just for me. After reading this book, I have realized that I have an obsession with food and I would almost indulge in food even when I wasn't hungry. I could just be bored or just do it anyways. This book has made me aware of what I put in my mouth or what I could be doing to help my hunger feelings. If you're someone who deals with the same thing of food being an almost obsession or you secretly binge eat on food, get this book!
I'm really pleased with this book and all of the helpful information it contains. I am always interested in learning more about my body and how it functions and ways in which I can improve it. I learned so many things from Dr. Shah in this book: why we get hungry, what we can do about it and history behind our food and why hunger's meaning is more than meets the eye. There was a lot of scientific evidence to back up what the author wrote. I love that I didn't feel shamed and there were actionable steps I could take to fix my hunger issues and how this would help me to become a healthier person.

Thank you to NetGalley, Harvest and Harper Collins for the eARC of this book.
If you are trying to get down to a good weight but you not only can't but don't understand why, this is the book for you.
i really wanted to love this book. it started out super fun and thrilling and then i just got kinda bored. i am so thankful to netgalley for letting me read this early!!
I was not expecting to gain a ton from this book as someone who has been on a weight loss journey for over a year, but it was packed with food and medical science information that I did not know before. I loved Dr. Shah’s straightforward, evidence based, and realistic advice. The great thing about the advice was that it was focused on stopping overeating and not on body shaming or fatphobia. I think that was a main piece of the book that set it apart from other nutrition books I’ve read. Dr. Shah explains how food companies have created addictive foods that just make us more hungry, how to effectively address emotional eating, and how the diet industry promotes a cycle of overeating. I also loved the critique of intuitive eating and how it’s not realistic for most people. Her alternative version is very thoughtful and pragmatic. I found myself taking notes throughout the book and I’ll definitely be recommending this to friends and family. Thank you to the publisher for the ARC.
Wow, the psychology of this book was insightful and really had me reflecting on the old patterns I have had with food. I also believe this book did a good job explaining how to reframe our thinking and engaging with our habits. I enjoyed this read and will recommend to friends.
Interesting, and informative book. I did not get the feeling that the author was trying to shame the reader for their eating habits which was nice. I also liked that this book focused on the science behind hunger and cravings and how to work around them. Thanks to NetGalley, the author, and the publisher for this ARC.
This book was everything I wanted it to be. It had me turned pages without even realizing. It was so good!
This book introduced a lot of terms that I wasn’t familiar with like CCK and other hormones that regulate hunger. The big takeaway here is that natural food and homemade food reign supreme and that relying on processed food will hijack your body and turn you into a forever hungry individual. The writing style is accessible and easy to get into with lots of helpful reminders on what to do.

I also learned a lot about insulin and diabetes and how sugary foods has that domino effect that overloads your body that results in the breakdown of body functions that lead to diabetes. Most of this stuff feels abstract or presented poorly in other books so I’m glad to have a primer on which component is which. This book has easy-to-understand info that sticks!
Informative and helpful, this book is it.

Thanks to author, publisher and Netgalley for the chance to read this book. While I got the book for free, it had no bearing on the rating I gave it.