This one really surprised me. Having read the first two books in the series, I expected something a little lighter. I appreciated the content warnings on this one, though, and while I did experience a little subject matter whiplash, this turned out to be my favorite of Mazey Eddings’ books. Jude’s PTSD was so vividly written, which could be hard to read, but which really served the character and the story. I loved watching Jude and Indira crash into each other, and I rooted for them so hard. I loved this book!

Mazey does it again. She has created such a fun world with this series and the characters are so fun. I loved this enemies to lovers and the banter they had. It was a cute read.

I absolutely love love loved this book! The mental health struggles were so real, and I loved seeing a healthy relationship between two people trying to figure themselves out! This has been one of my favorite books to read so far this year and I can't wait to see what else Mazey Eddings writes.

I wanted to love this book but I didn't. I think the story would have been better told with a single-POV. I love character-centric literary fiction books, but I just didn't love the heavy romance aspect with the mental health story. This one just wasn't for me!

I freakin' loved this one. It has the best parts of enemies-to-lovers and best friend's little sister peppered with some deep emotions and excellent handling of them. I walked away from it with happy vibes and hope that there is love in the world.
The story is pretty standard rom-com, with Indira arriving home one day to find her boyfriend cheating on her and her day getting even worse after that. She moves in with her brother, Colin, and his fiance just as they're gearing up for the longest and most complicated wedding preparations/celebrations ever. The only problem is that also staying with them is Jude, Colin's childhood friend, and Indira's long-time rival. Jude isn't particularly happy to be sharing a house with Indira, especially because he's suffering from and hiding some pretty epic PTSD after his time as a surgeon in war-torn areas as part of a program he signed up for in order to avoid student loans.
The best kind of sparks fly from the get-go with things getting even better as the story progresses. Irina is the only one who really sees what's going on with Jude and she's not going to let him hide how hurt he is.
There's really a bit of almost every single rom-com cliche that I love contained within the pages of this book, and I'm here for the emotionally satisfying romance that Eddings crafted.
It's the third book in the series and, by far, the best IMHO. It would help to have read the first volumes to better understand Indira's relationship with her friends, but I really don't think it's necessary to get the full enjoyment of this one because it's pretty centered on the relationship.

Very happy thanks to NetGalley and St. Martin's Griffin for the wonderfully emotional read!

I love everything Mazey writes! This was no different. A fun rom com that is childhood enemies to adult lovers!!!! My fave trope! I am always a big fan of a strong mental health rep and Mazey always writes it so well.

Super cute. Had me actually laughing out loud with their quirky jokes.
Love that it brings awareness to mental health in the medical field.

I didn't realize if I downloaded it counted towards feedback....I am so sorry I didn't get a chance to read this book....

This was a good contemporary romance novel, that I would definitely recommend to those who enjoyed Mazey's previous books!

I received an e-ARC from the publisher.

I think I would have liked it more if I had read the other two books first. It was still enjoyable and the subjects it touched on really made it worth reading. Very down to earth. The banter and chemistry between characters was great. Spice 4/5 plot 3/5. It was a cute rom com and a good ending of a series book, now to read the other two. This was an arc and I’m voluntarily leaving a review.

Despite this book being the third in a series, The Plus One was my first read by Mazey Eddings and I was definitely impressed. I went into this story expecting a silly rom-com, and while there were plenty of lighthearted moments, this book also had depth, with heavy themes around PTSD and mental health.

I really enjoyed the perspectives of both Indira and Jude, and one of the best parts of this novel was the lack of miscommunication - they actually communicated very well and with maturity. While there was no miscommunication trope, there was just about every other romance trope you can imagine = enemies to lovers, fake dating, forced proximity, only one bed (er, tent), etc. There is definitely something for everyone.

This was my first book by Mazey Eddings, but it will definitely not be my last.

Mazey Eddings’s books are always a delightful mix of emotional moments, swoon-worthy romances, and hilarity that will have you giggling. Jude and Indira’s story had me hooked from page one, and I absolutely flew through the book until I reached the final page. As with all her adult romances, Eddings explores mental health in a wonderful, and essential way, and the way she explores Jude’s PTSD and Indira’s struggles with abandonment, combined with both of their journeys with therapy, was so important to me.

The story follows Indira Papadakis, a psychiatrist who walks in one day on her boyfriend cheating on her with another woman and some bizarre antics revolving peanut butter, which leads her to crash at her brother’s house. The only problem is, she’s not the only one crashing with her brother and his fiancé. No, when she knocks on his door, her childhood nemesis Jude answers, but he’s not the boy she remembers. Not only is Jude frustratingly attractive, but he is haunted by the horrors he witnessed as a surgeon overseas. As the pair are dragged along with Indira’s brothers wedding events, the pair find they need to lean on each other more than they expected; Indira needs Jude to keep her from tearing apart her cheating ex, and Jude needs Indira because she helps him feel a little less broken. As the fake dating scheme that they craft starts to feel like something more, they have to decide if they are willing to give their budding romance a chance, and love each other as they are, scars and all.

Jude and Indira’s relationship was to die for. Usually when I read a romance, I am more invested in the FMC’s journey, but Jude absolutely felt like the main character to me, and I was wholly rooting for him and his path towards healing after all of the horrors he experienced. Naturally, this story was more emotional than most romantic comedies, but that only made me feel more connected to the characters. The connection between the main characters was so natural, and I loved how open and communicative with each other that they were. This story gets bonus points from me because guess what? There was no third act breakup!

Out of all of Mazey Edding’s books, this one might just be my favorite. If you love childhood nemesis to lovers with a healthy dose of fake dating, combined with a story that will make you feel all the feels, then this is the book for you!

I liked Lizzie Blake’s Best Mistake by Mazey Eddings so was excited to read Indira’s story. I still need to read book 1 in the series, A Brush With Love,
Although I enjoyed Indira’s story, I didn’t feel as connected to her as I did to Lizzie. I was glad that Lizzie and Rake (and their other friends) did make a few appearances in this one. I love interconnected series especially when a favorite character from a previous book makes an appearance!

Such a stunning book! The plot kept me hooked the whole time, and the characters were so loveable. 5/5 stars!

The Plus One is another adorable read from Mazey Eddings. The characters were fun and the banter was what I was hoping for after reading the first two books in this series. This was the perfect summer beach read and I can’t wait to read more from Mazey Eddings. Thank you netgalley for my free review copy.

TW: Infidelity, Mental Health, PTSD

To Indira, everything in her life is on the right course. That is until she walks in on her boyfriend in a sticky situation (literally) with someone else. While she feels like her life is crumbling around her, she turns to her brother to stay with even though it is weeks before his wedding and ends up coming face-to-face with her childhood nemesis. Her entire life, Indira’s brother’s best friend Jude has always been public enemy number one. The two both have their own struggles and amazingly come to an agreement of a situation that is beneficial to one another: fake dating. As they devise their plan to be each other’s fake plus ones to her brother’s wedding, Indira and Jude slowly begin to realize the true passion behind their heated disputes but are at a risk of losing it all if they cannot work through their struggles and take the risk of finding true love.

This was book 3 in Mazey Eddings’ “A Brush With Love” series. I really enjoyed the intensity of this book, yes it had it’s hilarious belly laugh moments but it also did a fantastic job of underlining crucial struggles, the major one being mental health. I really loved the slow burn of this one, Jude and Indira’s romance felt more authentic as the tension was drawn out in a true enemies to lovers style. It wasn’t something that just happened overnight as they did grow up being childhood nemesis. I loved their banter and how Indira was patient with Jude and also really enjoyed the return of previous characters from the first two books. I also enjoyed the character development of both characters who both have significantly different personalities but yet perfectly balance each other. I would definitely recommend this one for anyone looking for a slow paced slow burn romance filled with humor and heartwarming moments. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for an eARC of this novel in exchange for my honest review. This title is currently available for purchase!

This is interesting in theory, but i felt like the MCs kinda became their own psychologists (i.e., in their inner monologues), which didn't seem especially plausible given their back stories. I did like the front and center theme that mental health challenges are real and worth treating - the stigma of getting mental health help really needs to go away.

I loved the first two books in the series, but this one just didn’t hit the same. I adore Mazey Eddings ability to write, but I felt somewhat detached from Jude and Indira throughout the story.

I remain a big fan of Mazey Eddings and her ability to craft meaningful, witty romance. The Plus One centers on Jude and Dira. Jude is a physician who travels to war torn areas of the world to provide humanitarian medical care and as a result struggles with PTSD. Dira, on the other hand, has a well balance and ideal life with her dream job. These two childhood enemies come together for a wedding event and their connection is genuine, tender, and healing.

Sincere thanks to NetGalley and St. Martins Press for an advanced reader copy in exchange for an honest review.

This one was an easy 5 stars for me!! I love everything Mazey Eddings writes, but this one was by far my favorite. Indira and Jude may be some of my favorite characters ever. The banter between them was 10/10 and the way mental health was represented in this book was written beautifully. This is a book I’ll recommend to anyone and everyone looking for a romance read with depth.