Cover Image: 2032

2032

Unfortunately a poor quality galley with multiple errors (constant changes of tense, characters changing gender sometimes mid-paragraph, etc), making the story rather hard to follow. Hopefully the final edits fixed these.

Potentially an interesting story, but dnf at 17%.
I read 2032 by Dan Padbury and it's SOOOO GOOD. A book set on the edge of an unexplained disease sweeping a continent? An African YA dystopian novel written well? I LOVED IT ALL.

I really enjoyed how fresh a take this was on the usual dystopian story we've seen around the block.
A solid thriller. This has interesting characters and a compelling plot. I suspect it will sell well. Recommended.

Thanks very much for the free review copy for review!!
I don't think I am the right audience for this book. The blurb sounded promising, - and since this is a bit outside my comfort zone - I decided to give it a go nonetheless.

I found the metaphorical language disruptive. I understand what the author wants to achieve with this but for me it didn't work so well. At times, the images were very graphic.
Overarching themes covered are sand, violence, organ collectors, hunger, poverty, HIV and AIDS, corruption and a failing banking system.
Unfortunately, I did not manage to get well into the story, the writing was sometimes too metaphorical, and sometimes again too detached. As a result, I couldn't get into the book very well.
This book was not for me, but I would like to thank the author and Netgalley for providing me with this arc. This opinion is my own.
The kind of dystopian thriller that'll keep you up, not wanting to put the book down. Page after page of action, gloomy atmosphere, crime investigations, pandemics, conspiracy theories, and clever twists and turns to keep you turning pages.
A breath of fresh air with captivating unique storyline that's both thought provoking and nail bitting. Really enjoyed the ride this book offers.
Dan Padbury excites in his debut dystopian thriller, '2032.' Set in a post-apocalyptic world where the population of Africa is fighting against itself thanks to a crippled infrastructure and lack of resources, fates will determine the course of the world.

If you're a fan of suspenseful dystopian books with an emphasis on government, this debut novel is right for you. A fast-paced read.
4.5 star rating

This book is a dystopian thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat. It’s an action-packed and page-turner book that you will enjoy. I personally couldn’t get enough of it. The characters were fascinating because of their capabilities and differences. I never thought i’d enjoy a dystopian thriller, but here we are. The story was really captivating because of the twists and turns; there were a lot of things happening but it wasn’t confusing to me at all. If you love dystopian stories and crime, then you will enjoy this book for sure. It’s like Hunger Games & Divergent meets tv shows like Hawaii Five-0, CSI, NCIS.
Wow what a ride! This mind bending and riveting read kept me on the edge of my seat and did not let go until the very end. With a completely unique storyline and a mix of ruthless and lovable characters, 2023 completely blew me away.

I would highly recommend this one to anyone looking for a unique and thrilling read!
𝟐𝟎𝟑𝟐 is a 𝐃𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐚𝐧, 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭-𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥⁣ by Dan Padbury that is a story that brings fear to the surface when Mother Earth is no longer able to provide for its habitants. To make worse, there are those that take advantage of the situation - big corporations still looking for the bottom line. But Padbury writes with hope in that there are characters in this novel that is the last bastion of humanity.

This debut novel is well written - gripping and fast paced with great plotting. Entertaining read!
This was a really unique story, I loved the use of Dystopian, Post-Apocalyptic Survival. It was what I was hoping for when I requested and I was so invested in the plot of the book. The characters worked in the atmosphere and it had a great tense atmosphere in it. I enjoyed the way Dan Padbury wrote this and look forward to reading more from him.

"Eric out at the road, then over the road at homes. Most were empty. When the virus broke out some people lost their lives in the hospital. Real estate prices had dropped so drastically that he had considered moving out of his parent's home."