Thankfully this was quick read. The main characters Margo & Jo are best friends and also influencers. They have a popular podcast. Jo becomes engaged to Declan, someone Margo didn’t like in high school. They end up on a 2 week trip for Jo’s wedding.

I disliked Margo. She was very rude & it was irritating. She obsessed over the past & not being happy in the future. I almost DNF’d this but it has its quirky moments & I decided to finish it.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this ARC in exchange for my honest review

For anyone looking for a summer read, this is a book I'd recommend. I really liked the podcast theme to this novel and I thought the plot was very unique and refreshing. While the plot and romance was interesting and fun to read about, I didn't love Margo, which made it hard for me to really get into this book. That's just a personal thing for me, so I would still definitely recommend this book to anyone who asks.

I ended up downloading the audiobook from my library. I was so close to finishing the audiobook but didn't find any desire to continue with it. I tried but it wasn't clicking with me. Thank you for the opportunity.

Took a little time for me to connect with Margo. I found her a little irritating at the beginning as I felt unconditional love for Declan. Definitely a great start and successful debut! Not sure I'll read other works from author.

Seven Rules for Breaking Hearts was a delightful surprise for me. I did not expect to love this one as much as I do. I adored the romcom vibes. As an avid romance reader this one really got my attention. A great summer read!

This was a cute rom-coms that well represented some of the aspects of modern dating with Internet profiles, social media, etc.

The main characters went to highschool together and are reunited at a wedding vacation of friends later in life. There were some honest moments about reflecting back that I could relate to.

Although the storyline progressed nicely and I liked the characters the butterfly and angst that keeps me reaching for rom coms wasn't there for me. It was an enjoyable read, just not my favorite.

I enjoyed Reading this book. I would Buy another book by this outshot. I comnected With the plot and characters.

Margo Anderson has sworn off commitment ever since her parents divorce. One month before graduation Margo found out her father had been carrying on a years long affair, and that her parents would be separating. Once her parents separated everything went downhill for Margo, grades slipped and she deferred college to help her mom financially. Never really dating with purpose after finally attending college, Margo starts a podcast with her best friend Jocelyn. Now known as Jo and Go their podcast Seven Rules for Breaking Hearts is widely popular. The ladies focus on rules for not getting too invested in relationships. Margo has been following the rules, but things change when Jo gets engaged to Peter. Now the podcast is in jeopardy, they’re losing sponsors, and to top it all off Pete’s best man for the upcoming wedding is the main jerk from high school who made things hard for Margo. Declan seemed to always go out of his way to bully and make fun of Margo. Now having to spend two weeks with him on an island preparing for the wedding is going to be torture. As the wedding plans are being made on the island Margo is forced to spend more time with Declan, and the more time she spends the more she sees he’s changed. Will Margo be able to get past all her past traumas and let her walls down? Will the podcast survive all the changes?

Thank you SMP Influencer and NetGalley for this ARC.

I typically like destination rom coms and this one has all the atmosphere and summer feels you could want. However, I had a hard time connecting to Margo. She just annoyed me and the more time I spent with her, the more I wanted to put the book down.

This takes place over the course of weeks but felt unnecessarily long. I’m not a big fan of enemies to lovers and Declan’s feelings come a bit out of nowhere for me.

This was just meh for me.

I really enjoyed this book and I love the trope where the love cynic finds love. Always a great trope and I look forward to reading more by Miller in the future.

Seven Rules for Breaking Hearts is a YES from me! ❤️

Margo and Jo host a podcast based on their Seven Rules. When Jo announces she’s getting married, Margo doubles down on the Seven Rules with a series that is intended to prove that relationships are a bad idea.

What she didn’t plan for was Declan, her high school nemesis, who isn’t quite what she remembers from way back when! A debut book well done! 🥳
Thank you @stmartinspress @netgalley and @kristynjmiller for the honor of reviewing this delight!

This book really snuck up on me because while it seemed a lot quieter and more subtle in its intensity, it’s literally packed with quite the emotional punch. I cried several times (usually happy or just overly emotional tears), squeed, laughed, swooned and really just felt a lot while reading it. So loved it.

Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to download and read before it was archived but I will be reading this soon! Love the plot description and the setting being a place I’m familiar with!

I’m not sure how I feel about this one still. I liked it while I was reading it but I found it very forgettable. I did really like the characters and the story line.

Sometimes rules are meant to be broken. That's what friends Margo Anderson and Jo Hernandez discover when their "Seven Rules", a pact between two childhood best friends turns into a popular podcast. The story begins at the end where Margo is finishing the 7th and final season of the podcast. It seems that the two friends broke all their own rules. On their podcast they offer advice to their listeners on how women can find a hook-up with a guy without getting their heart crushed. Jo and Go as they were called start a #SingleNotSeeking revolution with their chatter on sex and relationships. They tried to maintain adherence to their Seven Rules:

*Always keep the ball in your court.
*If you’re too embarrassed to tell your girlfriends about him, think twice.
*Say no to sleepovers.
*Never exceed his effort.
*If they take more than twenty-four hours to respond, move along.
*Only fool around with people who are easily avoidable.
*Whatever you do don’t catch the feelings.

Their lives change when Jo gets married and Margo is reunited with someone she knew in high school. Declan is the best man and is very different from the kid she knew in high school. She tries hard to avoid breaking the rules as she tries to continue the podcast without Jo. Needless to say, Margo finds it difficult to keep Declan in the friend zone. It is a light, beach read with a happily ever after ending.

Thank you NetGalley and St Martin's Press for providing access to this arc book for review. This is my honest, unbiased opinion.

✨ PRINCEMAN REVIEW ✨

📝 Best friends, Margo and Jo, run a podcast about rules for hooking up without catching all the feelings. Margo is stunned when Jo announces that she's getting married! So, to prove Jo and her listeners wrong, Margo breaks all the rules to prove to everyone that it's not a good idea to get into a relationship. Her chosen partner: Declan, her nemesis from high school. Will these two pull it off, or will they catch feelings?

What I 🤍:
🎤 Radio Hosts
🎂 Wedding Scene
🧑‍🎓 High School Enemies
🌴 Vacation Vibes
💕 Opposites Attract

This book hooked me from the start. I loved the podcast segments woven into the story. Overall it felt light, with moments of strong character development. I liked how Margo comes to terms that sometimes, catching feelings for the right person is meant to happen.

Overall, this story is perfect for those wanting a warm, beach read. It's a great vacation recommendation for this summer!

Thank you St. Martin's Griffin and NetGalley for the eARC of Seven Rules for Breaking Hearts! All opinions in this review are my own.

I loved the setting and premise for this one but at times I felt like the main character was extremely immature which made it hard to like her. While it was definitely sudden that her best friend was getting married, Margo made it all about her, even during the wedding itself! When Margo does eventually give into her feelings for Declan, their relationship is really sweet. I think this debut showed how much potential the author has and I would be interested in reading more by them!

This book was published by St. Martin's Press, which is unfortunately being boycotted. If the boycott reaches a resolution, I hope to come back and review this book.

such a cute and fun litte read !!! don’t know why it took a me so long to read, but it was exactly what i needed after slumping!!! 😭💞

I thought Seven Rules for Breaking Hearts had an interesting premise, with Margo and her friend, Jo, running a podcast about hooking up without feelings. With Margo having so much tied up in her podcast and everything being on the cusp of change, it was bound to bring the drama.
I enjoyed the idea of all the characters being on vacation for 2 weeks together, so there was a chance to build tension. There were some funny and cute scenes. But I struggled with Margo as a character, finding some (honestly a lot) of her behaviour immature and the whole grudge thing eye rolling. Then the whole wedding scene was too much for me. She honestly needs a therapist.
I liked Declan’s character and while the third act breakup was probably avoidable with a little communication, I appreciated it wasn’t a forgive and forget scenario.
Thank you St Martin’s Griffin for the copy through NetGalley in exchange for a review.