Cover Image: The Corner Shop on Foxmore Green

The Corner Shop on Foxmore Green

After having read and ejoyed the Tanglewood-series by Lilac Mills I was chuffed to receive my copy for The Corner Shop on Foxmore Green. I wasn't disappointed as I absolutely loved this book!

When single mum Rowena is out to and about with a petition to save the church, she meets Huw at the estate agtents. They are instantly attracted to each other, but assumptions cause misunderstandings that keep them apart. But when Huw's sister steps in, romance is finally in the air.

I loved the characters, Rowena, her adorable daughter Nia, friend Betsa and Huw are very likeable. And loved the concept of a zero-waste shop.

A fairly quick read, but absolutely fab. I can't wait for the next books in this series by Lilac Mills.

Thank you NetGalley and the publiser for my copy in return for my honest review.
Loved reading this book. What more do you want? a small village, lovely characters, and somewhere you could imagine living. Worth 5 stars and I recommend this, .

Thanks to Netgally and publisher for this ARC
3.5 upped to 4
Sometimes you need to read a book that won't surprise but it is comforting as you know what's going to happen.
This book is comforting, entertaining and helped me to relax and escape reality.
Love the characters, smiled and enjoyed it.
Many thanks to the publisher for this arc, all opinions are mine
Cute, if formulaic romcom. The setting was lovely, the characters were kind and it was a nice escape read.
What a pure delight to read, i completely and totally was addicted to this book. You can feel the warmth of the characters, the friendships, the romance, it’s just a wonderful feel good story and I’ll definitely be reading more in the series

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy in return for an honest opinion
With a heavy heart I rate this book 1 star and usually I love Lilac Mills books however this one was a complete miss for me.

I think the main issue I had with the book was that I was 50% of the way into the book and the conflict detailed in the blurb hadn't happened yet. I felt like the feelings, attraction and plot was way too rushed and moving so fast that I didn't enjoy it.

Rowena is a very basic character - eco warrior, mum and fancies Huw. Huw is even more basic and his whole personality of what I read is how much he fancies Rowena.  The daughter Nia didn't read like a 4 year old to me.

I really wish the conflict had started around the 50% mark because I wanted to be engaged but the start was more just building the lives of Rowena and her daughter mainly which tbh is kinda boring like her idea for the shop arises there but nothing is done.

I would still recommend Lilac Mills just not this book.
This was a sweet but predictable story.. I did enjoy this one even though I guessed the outcome after the first chapter. So much warmth coming through the pages that I will be happy to read more in this series. My thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this book in return for an honest review.
This is a good book. I enjoyed the flow of the story, it had well rounded robust characters, a good dose of fun and romance and is a all round general good read.
The Corner Shop on Foxmore Green is downright charming! My first from this talented author, I fell hard for both Rowena and Huw and their sweet romance. Not to mention scene-stealer daughter Nia and her 4 almost 5 cuteness! The story is crafted in a wonderful way as Rowena is a bit at a standstill in her life and Huw is the newcomer to Foxmore. Their lives collide almost immediately after Huw's arrival and already there are evident sparks between them. Mills keeps the crux of Huw's employment a bit of a secret and it's only towards the end of the book that it comes to light as Rowena embarks on a new venture, trying her hardest to open an eco-friendly grocer.

But before the surprising reveal to both of them, however, is the delicate dance they do as they start to spend time together and Huw becomes not only important to Rowena but to spunky Nia as well. Huw is all kinds of sigh-worthy as he enchants both mother and daughter with his clever outings and you could sense how he and Rowena were falling fast for one another. He even made me swoon with how much he craved her touch.

The enchanting village of Foxmore provides a great background with involved neighbors and friends who provide lighter moments and the support for the anxious Rowena when needed. The closeness of a village this size means everyone knows everything about everyone and it's certainly something Huw has to get used to.

With the sudden appearance of someone from Rowena's past throwing her for a loop, I wasn't sure things would work out for her and Huw but the miscommunication was actually kind of delightful and showed just how vulnerable each of them was.

With a great last chapter, I was thrilled that Huw and Rowena and even little Nia were able to find a happiness each no doubt deserved. It made my heart happy to experience the joy and satisfaction they received with even the smallest of victories.

The Corner Shop on Foxmore Green is a great read when looking for something a bit lighter between heavier reads. I would not hesitate to read this author again and happily give this well-written book a huge 4 stars!
I found this to be a rather predictable romance.  Rowena and Huw’s relationship seems to focus a lot on kissing: thinking about kissing, kissing, re-living a kiss, waiting to be kissed etc.  I did appreciate the focus on zero waste shopping and found the idea of setting up a cooperative to be a unique way of setting up a business.
This was a nice feel-good  read  with a slow burning romance. I liked the message of single use plastic and I would like to see more no waste shops opening up.
I was pleased to learn that this book is the first in a ne6 series. I am looking forward to reading the next book.
Thank you to Netgalley and the Publisher for my ARC.
The Corner Shop on Foxmore Green by Lilac Mills

I received an advance review copy for free thanks to NetGalley and Canelo  and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Blurb

Can a new shop change the village’s future – and Rowena’s?

Single mum Rowena is always looking for ways for her and her four-year-old daughter, Nia, to live more sustainably. So, when she visits a zero-waste shop in Cardiff, she’s inspired to start one up in her own village, where local businesses and artisan shops are a core part of the community.

For Huw, it’s love at first sight when he bumps into Rowena, on the day he moves to Foxmore.  But a series of misunderstandings keeps the two from getting closer, and now a conflict of interest over Rowena’s shop might put a stop to any fledgling romance…

When a figure from Rowena’s past makes a surprise appearance, both her shop and relationship with Huw are suddenly under threat. Can Rowena still realise her corner shop dreams and find love?

My Opinion

This is the first book in a new series - and whilst it is relatively short it was a great introduction.  I was drawn in by the cover and the fact that I have previously enjoyed books by Lilac Mills and I was pleased to discover that this is a lovely, heart-warming story. A charming, quick read with characters that I already can't wait to meet again.

Rating 4/5
The book was enjoyable to read all around. Even though I knew how it would end, I still smiled. I am really excited about the series' second book.
What a glorious book from Lilac Mills. Full of warmth and cheerfulness, just what is needed at this time of year.
This is the first book I have read from this author and it won't be the last. I enjoyed reading this, it was a lovely cosy, romance set in the beautiful village of Foxmore. Full of great characters who I really warmed to and some i didn't, and I liked that there were a few spicy moments, but not too much. Overall, a fab, feel good read
Genre: Romance fiction
My rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️

𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩? 📚
This book follows single-mother Rowena and her journey in her home village of Foxmore, where local businesses and artisan shops are a core part of the community. Huw bumps into Rowena the day he moves to Foxmore, and it's love at first sight for him. But a series of misunderstandings keep the two from getting closer, and now a conflict of interest over Rowena's shop might stop any fledgling romance. When a figure from Rowena's past makes a surprise appearance, her shop and her relationship with Huw are suddenly threatened. Can Rowena still realise her corner shop dreams and find love?

𝙈𝙮 𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙬 💭
This story is a great light-hearted and relaxing romance read. Although the plot isn't addictive or compelling, it will bring you immense joy while reading it. This book is generally well-written, and you can tell the author loves and is truly passionate about writing. 🙈

I also liked the sustainability feature; it's heart-warming to see how inspired Rowena was to open a zero-waste store.

Yes, this story is sometimes a bit boring, but overall, this book is a great village romance story. 'The Corner Shop on Foxmore Green' is perfect if you're looking for a light-hearted and relaxing romance read that transports you into a cosy village. 🏡🌳🌷

Thank you to the author, Lilac Mills, and the publisher for letting me read this early in exchange for an honest review! 🫶
A lovely read. I liked the slow steady development of Huw and Rowena’s relationship and Nia was a great little character. I enjoyed finding out all about a zero waste shop and about co ops it was very eye opening and interesting. I found it a little unbelievable that Rowena and Huw hadn’t spoken about what job he did or that he didn’t ask sooner for more details on her shop idea as he knew he had information that could have been helpful, even without her going the co op route, but still, I guess when you’re in love and only manage one date a week there are far more important things to think about and spend on 😉.
I loved the small village community and how they all rallied round the shop and helped thwart the big chain store and in doing so rid Finn from her life. It left me with a smile at the end.
This book is satisfying as we turn the pages. My very first book from this Author and I devoured each line in this book. After a long time I felt like I read the most lovely and extremely fabulous small town Romance story.

Rowena - She's a single mom who always makes sure her daughter comes first to her. Even though it was an accidental pregnancy she never once regretted that. She loved her daughter with her whole heart. One thing about her I loved so much is that she took an initiative which none took and that's something which made me adore her even more. In this entire book I found that the Author made sure to bring a strong female for us to read and enjoy. I actually clapped my hands when she gave the perfect reply to her Ex (Her daughter's biological dad) who goes by the name Finn. This woman is actually perfect with every move she makes.

Huw - I did admire him but he easily assumes the worst each time and pushes away Rowena. But I'm glad they both always sort out their misunderstandings. It was indeed nice to see him take care of Rowena's daughter and make a family with her.

Ceri - Huw's sister is also someone who will make you fall for her. I truly loved reading all the chapters she was in.

Nia - How can I be without mentioning her? The four ops! Almost five-year old daughter of Rowena, would make you laugh with her naughtiness. I felt like she was the one who kept me looking forward to the next chapter as well.

Lastly, this book made me laugh, get angry, adore sister and brother relationship, admire the friendship and also feel emotional. I would highly recommend this book to everyone who's looking for a short and cute story which is also realistic.

Thank you so much for the ARC of this enjoyable story @netgalley and @lilacmillsauthor
Enjoyable story about Rowena, single mother who is ready for the next phase of her life. She decides to look into opening a zero waste store in town. While knocking on doors with a petition to save the church, she meets new to town Huw and there is an instant attraction.

Great funny, interfering, and nosy neighbors. The small town is loaded with good natured people who just want to know everything and be in on it too.

This is an entertaining, easy-to-read story. It's definitely a book to read when you want to kick back and relax. Very enjoyable.

#TheCornerShopOnFoxmoreGreen #NetGalley #LilacMills #Canelo #CaneloDigitalPublishingLimited #Huw #Rowena #Nia
What a lovely read, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Single mum Rowena and her 4 year old daughter Nia live in the beautiful village of Foxmore. Now that Nia is starting school Rowena wants to do something more and looks into opening a zero waste shop.
There’s also a instant attraction for Rowena with the newest resident Huw. They have a few misunderstandings along the way. Will they finally get together?
A very cosy read that I read in just a few days as I found it hard to put down. Well recommended