Cover Image: Intermittent Fasting for Women Over 50

Intermittent Fasting for Women Over 50

This book has some good information, although I didn't find much that is different from other works on the topic. The summaries at the end were very helpful, and I honestly began skimming and relying on the summaries. I think what turned me off was his repeated allusions to Halle Berry and Jennifer Aniston. They don't lead typical over-50 lives, so having them presented as examples just made the entire enterprise feel like you'd need a Hollywood life to pull off.
If you are reading anything health related recently you would have heard about Intermittent Fasting.  I have been intrigued by the science behind IF and was grateful to read Dr Kinngold’s book.

I now feel I have a better understanding of IF and how it can benefit me during this stage of life.  I recommend this book.

Thank you BooksGoSocial and Netgalley for an ARC of this book in return for my review,
This book contained some helpful information, but I felt like it was hard to read and my mind kept drifting due to repetitiveness. I feel it would read better if it was more personal and less like a lecture.

Thank you to NetGalley for an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.
A useful book for those who wish to try Intermittent Fasting. Presented in and easy to read, informant way, it sets out the different types of IF and so the knowledge to work a system that fits your body and lifestyle.
A good resource.
I liked the idea of the logic behind this book.   Like them all it’s all down to sticking with it.
I liked the format of the book, made it easy to understand.  On a personal level I’d need to give it more thought.
Interesting read.
I'm not sure while a male author needs to write a book specifically targeted to women over 50, but this is a nice introduction to IF. I'm fairly well versed in the topic, but there were a few new nuggets for me, as well as how IF works with other ways of eating, such as paleo, keto, mediterranean, etc.
Good book about intermittent fasting, but not necessary gives a new insight to the topic. For someone, who read some books such as Obesity Code and Life on the fast line, it's another publication on the topic.
The presentation of intermittent fasting written by this author is easy to understand and presents many valid reasons why this type of fasting is important. The different ways to fast and the pluses and minuses of each one are presented well and show the importance and benefits. Recommended reading!
This is a great introductory look into the intermittent fasting lifestyle for those that are new to this style of eating.
The numerous health benefits from intermittent fasting are listed and well explained as are the different timed options to try. The information is presented in a very user friendly format and presents the scientific evidence as well.
A bonus book entitled Health Coach was included and it outlines tips to manage emotional eating, cravings and how to detox from sugar.
I was happy to receive these digital copies from NetGalley for my review consideration.
#NetGalley #GoodReads #IntermittentFasting
This book which outlines all the benefits and practicalities of intermittent fasting. I have tried intermittent fasting and I was encouraged by the health benefits which was outlined.

I did find the book a bit hefty but maybe the reader who is more fact based would enjoy it.

Overall this book is a useful resource especially for woman over 50
Thank you Netgalley for this ARC for an exchange for an honest review.

I love books for intermittent fasting, I seem to always learn something new and valuable..
I'm a big fan of intermittent fasting, which doesn't involve long periods without food, as many think.

Dr Kringold's book shows how IF, time-restricted eating ,can help us lose weight, feel more energized, and improve our general health.

Thankfully there are no gimmicks, fads, or ‘miracle’ pills involved. Intermittent fasting is an uncomplicated way to shrink the waist, improve our health markers, and add years to our life without  discomfort.

A good one for menopausal women as Dr Kringold talks about how IF has been scientifically proven to help get women through menopause and out the other side smiling. And a good one for January if you have a resolution to gain energy and lose fat.
A basic review of all things IF.
This book explained how other popular diets and IF work together.
The title is deceiving as I didn't find it to give specific hints and suggestion to women over the age of 50.

Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the advanced reader's copy of this book.
Easy to read format that breaks down why intermittent fasting works. The author used credible sources and examined how long intermittent fasting has been in existence, why and how it works, and different ways to fast( 16/8, 12/12).
Intermittent Fasting for Women Over 50 by Dr Steve Kringold
I requested this book because I am very interested in the subject matter and trying this program for myself. I found this book was very useful and informative to help me on my journey. I will definitely be using the information provided in the book.
Many thanks to Dr Steve Kringold, NetGalley, and BooksGoSocial for the advanced reader copy in exchange for an honest review.
Intermittent Fasting for Women Over 50 was my 4th book on this topic. So why did I pick this up?? I was swayed by the author and the way he was explaining things to me. He gave me information without sounding like a textbook. I realized that my priorities have changed at 50 I’m focused more on health and less on image.
I like what was said about mindless eating, benefits of creatinine, probiotics and Alzheimers are.
Overall I found it helpful and encouraging.
Thanks NetGalley.
This is an informative book for any woman new to IF. While it focuses on women in their 50s, the information in the book is not applicable to only women in their 50s. The last three chapters look at how to integrate If with a keto diet, a Mediterranean diet, and a vegan diet, which is not something I have seen in lots of other IF books. I would recommend this book to any woman in her 50s considering IF.
This book shared a lot of basic information supporting the ideas of intermittent fasting. But, nothing really groundbreaking or anything you can’t get from a quick internet search. As the book goes on to describe the various options for fasting programs, side effects of fasting, dangers to watch for, the keto diet, the Mediterranean diet, and vegan diets, it really felt overwhelming and difficult to implement.
My thanks for this book!  Knowing a few women who have tried, and been successful, with intermittent fasting, i look forward to trying Dr. Kringold's methods and philosophy.
Intermittent Fasting for Women Over 50:  Dr. Steve’s Guide for Rapid Weight Loss, Energy, Detoxification, Diabetes, and Anti-Aging is an informative guide for anyone interested in IF.  There are plenty of facts, figures and convincing information to help you decide to give it a go.  The author looks at the problems and issues that occur for women over 50 and provides the reasons as to why IF will help improve them.  Although it is similar to other books on intermittent fasting and is a bit repetitive in parts, it is a good informative book that is easy to read.  A good book for anyone new to IF, and also useful to remind those already doing it what the benefits are.