Cover Image: Tilly in Technicolor

Tilly in Technicolor

In an attempt to help Tilly settle, she finds herself interning for her sister’s company and traveling across Europe. Oliver’s unique design style lands him a dream summer internship but he’s concerned that his autism will put barriers between himself and those he will be working with. While they appear to be opposites at first, Oliver and Tilly soon find common ground. Tilly (and her sister) begin to have a better understanding of Tilly’s neurodivergence.

Tilly in Technicolor is a stand-alone YA romance.The story follows not only the personal journeys of the MCs but it shows the beautiful bond and relationship that develops between them. I really appreciate the realistic and honest representations of ADHD and autism.

This is the author’s first YA book. I was already in love with her style from reading all of her previous work but I was unsure how it would translate to YA. Overall, I found Tilly in Technicolor to be delightful and I hope to see more YA books from Mazey Eddings in the future.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you to Wednesday Books and Netgalley!

Simply put, I love Mazey Eddings! Her foray into YA is so fun and clever! This book is full of heart and light and does a wonderful job portraying teen emotions and love while also sheding a wonderful own voice POV on neurodivergence. Eddings book teaches and inspires while also just giving you a happy dose of love, romance and teenage hope!

3.5 stars.

This book was an ARC that I requested probably a year ago. 😬 It was a lot cleaner than some of Mazey’s previous works, possibly because the character is younger. It read very YA, but not in a bad way. It has some characters and content that I generally try to avoid, so I can’t say I recommend it, but I was very drawn in by the two neurodivergent main characters. There is a lot of beautiful ADHD and autism representation woven throughout and I was charmed by Tilly and Ollie. As a mother of an autistic child, I find myself so eager to read stories about adult autistic characters. Tilly has the chaotic charm I’ve come to expect from Mazey Edding’s mind. There isn’t a ton of plot. The story is largely introspective. It’s sweet, but a bit slow toward the end. I think the biggest downfall for this story is definitely its length. Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC to review!

LOVED LOVED LOVED. Mazey Eddings does a fantastic job of incorporating different experiences into her stories and characters in a way that feels incredibly authentic and vulnerable (caveat, as a person without these lived experiences). This was such a great YA - silly and fun, but also incredibly heartfelt. Eddings continues to be an auto-buy author for me.

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

I absolutely loved this book! I read it in one sitting because I could not put it down. The representation was so incredible and so well written, and I remember finishing the book and just sitting there, stunned, by how good it was.

A sweet YA romance with neurodivergent characters and a lot of European cities. Tilly and Oliver are hilariously charming together. Eddings clearly has deep affection for these characters and the whole book is saturated in rich Pantone colors. I found the ending a bit rushed, as basically all the plot issues that have been building for the entire book are solved in about ten pages.

Thanks to Netgalley, the publisher, and the author for the ARC to review. All opinions are my own.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for granting me free access to the advanced digital copy of this book.

While I read TILLY IN TECHNICOLOR, I couldn’t think of a book that I wanted to jump into more and be friends with the main characters. Tilly Twomley and Oliver Clark are two of my favorite characters ever. Ever. Mazey Eddings wrote the most heartwarming story that ever existed while including the neurodivergent community, and I get the warm fuzzies every time I think about it.

Tilly and Oliver are complete opposites in life. Tilly has ADHD and goes through life with everything everywhere. Oliver has autism, and his life is very much in order. I loved the neurodivergent representation between them because there was so much to learn and enjoy from the characters. We had their lives individually, how they acted in the world, and how they acted with each other.

The other significant aspect I loved about TILLY IN TECHNICOLOR is that Eddings didn’t sugarcoat life and make it a happy-go-lucky romantic comedy. Yes, I want to be friends with Tilly and Oliver. Yes, I laughed a lot. But this book was also serious, with some difficult moments in their regular lives and dealing with being neurodivergent. It felt real. Whether a high or a low, I enjoyed the entire journey!

Thanks, Wednesday Books and Netgalley, for the gifted arc!

This was the most precious story I have read in a long time. This was both heartbreaking and heartwarming in equal measure, the journey Tilly has to go one for self-love in regards to her ADHD and future goals is both appealing and evocative. Eddings has a talent for explaining neurodivergence and mental health is ways that are both great for public consumption but also very real and direct. It's a mix of quirky and intellectual and it's so important that conversations about these topics can be started in this target age group. And Oliver's autism is both a foil for Tilly but also the way they are able to connect finally over their mutual difference of experience from neurotypicals. Lastly, there is a very small scene at the end where they talk about having to define how they communicate with each other and I related so hard to it. Basically, read this f8cking book immediately.

This book just wasn’t for me. I felt like the pacing was a little too slow and I never found myself eager to pick the book back up. It wasn’t the writing that I didn’t care for but the development of the story.

I WILL NOT BE POSTING THIS REVIEW ON ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OUTLETS UNTIL THE SMP BOYCOTT IS RESOLVED. This is what I will post once all demands are met:

I was absolutely blown away by this book. I have no idea why I took so long to read this. I get these weird, random mental blocks that don't let me pick up a book for whatever reason, but I was finally able to get to this one!!! And, boy, am I glad I did.

This is my second Mazey Eddings book, and I've grown to love how well she handles sensitive topics and maneuvers difficult conversations between characters. I'm not autistic, but my best friend is. Even though autism looks different for everyone, I feel like this book has given me a deeper understanding of how her brain works and how to better approach certain situations to accommodate her. I love finding ways to make her life easier because it's hard enough as it is.

I DO have ADHD, though, and this was one of the best depictions of it I've seen in any media. Tilly's fears of how other people will respond to her quirks and mannerisms are sooo real, like it felt like Mazey cracked open my skull, smeared my brain all over some pages, and published it. Tilly's ADHD felt like its own separate character in the book.

I adored the relationship between both Tilly & Oliver and Mona & Amina. It was so much fun to journey from mutual animosity to friends to lovers with Tilly and Oliver, all as they grew as individuals, as well. The way Oliver described Tilly through Pantone color numbers was so delightfully heart-warming and genuinely unique. There are no other boys like him out there, that's for sure.

However, the ending was so dumb that I had to take off a star against the wishes of my heart and soul.

<b>Slight Spoilers Ahead!!!</b>

Tilly got a great job in PARIS at a website as an assistant editor, a job that people with degrees and years of experience have to fight tooth and nail for, thanks to a heavily unedited resume and a 2-month-old blog...... Girl, be serious. BE. SERIOUS. As a young professional who spent months on end sending a perfect resume to job after job after job with nothing to show for it for a looong time, that made me want to throw my phone against the fucking wall.

Also, I felt like the conflict between Tilly and her mom was resolved WAY too quickly. The mom was absolutely horrible to Tilly at times, and all of it was just brushed under the rug. My mom and I have a pretty volatile relationship and we have had to go to dozens of therapy sessions together and have talked extensively about our issues and miscommunications just to get to the good place we are in now. "I'm sorry" just doesn't cut it at some point, and I felt that the process of forgiving a family member for the way they treat you was misrepresented.

<i>Thank you Wednesday Books and NetGalley for the advanced copy!!</i>

3 stars

This was cute - I liked both Tilly and Oliver, as well as their adventures across Europe. Though there were also some things that could've been better (i.e. the pacing/connections between chapters and less info-dumping/exposition).

As a teacher I love reading books with representation of neurodivergence in them. This book was very well written for a debut author. I will absolutely e picking up more of this authors work in the future.

More neurodiversity in books please!! This was such a lovely YA romance with much needed, authentic representation. I will read anything by this author now!!

I looove this author and was so excited to see this YA debut about two neurodivergent teens who form a connection one summer.

It was written so well, and Tilly and Oliver were such great characters, and so fun to read about! Tilly was hilarious, and I loved the way the storyline included the representation of neurodivergent characters and from the LGBTQ community.

I listened to the audiobook format and loved the narration so much! I had such a smile on my face while reading, which I knew would make for a five star read for me.

WHAT TO EXPECT
-opposites attract
-YA romcom
-neurodivergent MCs

*many thanks to Wednesday Books, RB Media and Netgalley for the gifted copy for review

This book was so fun. I loved seeing the world through Tilly and Oliver's eyes.

Tilly was a lovely character who wasn't accepted for who she was by her parents. They didn't understand her quirks and what caused them. I loved traveling with Tilly and Oliver all over Europe and getting to see her experience life away from the pressure of her mom. Oliver's ability to recognize colors and in turn Tilly just melted my heart. They were able to see each other for who they were and accepted that.

Most of all I loved that Oliver's autism wasn't portrayed as a negative, nor was Tilly's ADHD. Their neurodiversity was celebrated.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

𝘼 𝙔𝘼 𝙙𝙚𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙣𝙚𝙪𝙧𝙤𝙙𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣𝙨 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙢 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙨𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧.

📍 Read if you like:
• Opposites Attract
• YA Rom Coms
• Neurodivergent MCs
• Dual POV
• Europe Tours

I absolutely loved this book, it was so beautifully written and I was obsessed with the way it was told. It has ADHD and Autism representation, which were perfectly written and shared.

The story follows Tilly and Oliver. I absolutely adored both characters so much, the audiobook was fantastic. I also loved the tours around Europe - such an interesting take. Tilly has ADHD and Oliver has Autism, it was so heartwarming seeing both of them come together.

I felt so emotional and moved by the story, it was a fun YA romance, but it also had a deeper meaning behind it. It’s a sweet summer love story for sure.

I also loved the one-bed trope and forced proximity. It was a slow burn, but it had its humorous moments. There’s also a theme around self-discovery, which I found interesting. I do wish the ending was tied up a bit smoother.

I flew through this book and loved the characters so much. I loved the neurodivergent and LGBTQ+ rep in this book, the author did a fantastic job writing this story.

Thank you so much NetGalley and Wednesday Books for the review eARC and Macmillan Audio for the ALC in exchange for my honest review!

•𝗧𝗪/𝗖𝗪: Ableism, Emotional Abuse, Vomit, Bullying, Panic Attacks/Disorders, Cursing

Due to St. Martins Press refusal to address the remarks made by their employee regarding Palestine, I will not be reviewing this book.

This in no way has anything to do with the author. But I refuse to support anything from SMP because of their refusal to address a major issue at hand.

Tilly in Technicolor is great for fans of…
🩷YA Romance
🩷Dual POV
🩷Neurodivergent Representation

As someone with ADHD, I could highly relate to the streams of thoughts & feelings of Tilly. This would have been such a wonderful read to have when I was a teenager to understand what I was going through. I love finding realistic characters with their perfectly imperfect selves. This was a delight to read as a neurodivergent & I am grateful this exists.

I listened to the audiobook of this & I really enjoyed the narrators. I loved how they switched between the accents. I thought it was well done.

Thanks to NetGalley & Wednesday Books for the gifted copy, which I voluntarily read & reviewed.

This was a YA book that was fine and comes from an underrepresented perspective, which I appreciate. However, it became a bit slow for me. A good book, but not one I’d be inclined to pick up again. 3 stars ⭐️.