Fizzy, popular romance writer, hasn't ever actually been in love. She's great at writing stories, but hasn't experienced it for herself. Connor Prince, a successful documentary filmmaker, has been tasked with filming a Bachelorette-style reality TV show. He convinces Fizzy to join the show as the star seeking love (as long as he can find love interests that fit all of her requirements).

The way these two interact throughout the show's filming is steamy and entertaining. I loved Fizzy's chemistry with Connor and also the other dating contestants. Reading both Fizzy and Connor's points of view was enjoyable, especially in audiobook format with multiple voice actors.

Thank you NetGalley and publisher for this ARC.

C.L. you have done it again! Another top of the line rom com! Was this my favorite C.L. book? No. But it was very enjoyable and entertaining through it all. Fizzy is so blunt and funny. But my favorite part is the banter back and fourth!

Christina Lauren's "The True Love Experiment" is a delightful, heartwarming romance that expertly combines humor, emotion, and the complexities of modern relationships. Known for their captivating storytelling and relatable characters, the writing duo behind Christina Lauren delivers yet another engaging and satisfying read.

The novel follows Fizzy Chen, a successful romance novelist who finds herself struggling with writer’s block and questioning the authenticity of true love. Enter Connor Prince, a charming and ambitious documentary filmmaker looking to revamp his career with a fresh, compelling concept. When Connor pitches a reality dating show starring Fizzy, she reluctantly agrees, hoping it might reignite her creative spark. What follows is a rollercoaster of emotions, unexpected connections, and the messy, beautiful journey of falling in love.

Christina Lauren’s writing is sharp and witty, filled with laugh-out-loud moments and poignant reflections on love and self-discovery. Their ability to balance humor with deeper emotional themes is evident throughout the novel, making it a compelling read from start to finish. The dialogue is snappy and authentic, capturing the chemistry and tension between the characters with finesse.

Fizzy is a vibrant and relatable protagonist whose journey resonates deeply. Her struggle with creative stagnation and her doubts about love are portrayed with authenticity and sensitivity. Fizzy’s growth throughout the novel, from skepticism to vulnerability and openness, is both inspiring and heartwarming. Christina Lauren gives her a distinctive voice, full of sass, humor, and raw honesty that endears her to readers.

Connor is a perfect counterpart to Fizzy, with his own set of challenges and aspirations. His dedication to his craft and his genuine, albeit sometimes misguided, efforts to create a meaningful show add layers to his character. Connor's interactions with Fizzy are filled with chemistry and genuine connection, evolving naturally as they navigate the complexities of the show and their burgeoning feelings for each other.

The supporting cast of characters adds richness and depth to the story. From Fizzy’s close-knit group of friends to the eclectic contestants on the dating show, each character is well-drawn and contributes to the overall narrative. These characters provide moments of humor, wisdom, and support, enhancing the sense of community and interconnectedness that permeates the novel.

"The True Love Experiment" excels in its exploration of modern love and the impact of media on relationships. Christina Lauren delves into the behind-the-scenes world of reality TV with a critical yet affectionate eye, highlighting both its absurdities and its potential for genuine connections. The novel also tackles themes of authenticity, self-worth, and the courage to take risks in love and life.

The pacing of the novel is well-crafted, with a blend of light-hearted, comedic scenes and more introspective, emotional moments. Christina Lauren keeps the plot moving smoothly, ensuring that readers remain invested in Fizzy and Connor’s journey. The book's climax and resolution are both satisfying and believable, providing a heartwarming conclusion that feels true to the characters' growth and experiences.

In conclusion, "The True Love Experiment" by Christina Lauren is a delightful and thought-provoking romance that captures the magic of love and the importance of authenticity. With its engaging characters, witty dialogue, and insightful exploration of modern relationships, the novel is a must-read for fans of contemporary romance and anyone looking for a feel-good, uplifting story. Highly recommended for its humor, heart, and the beautifully crafted journey of finding true love in unexpected places.

One of my most anticipated books of 2023 and Christina Lauren did not disappoint! I absolutely loved Fizzy in The Soulmate Experiment and even more in this book. The slow burn was slowly burning! I enjoyed Connor and Fizzy's growing connection throughout the novel and can only say.... run out an grab your copy because this book became an instant fave on my list.

𝗡𝗼𝘁𝗲: Special thanks to Christina Lauren for providing me an ARC copy to share my honest review.

This book was an outstanding romance read! The characters were so cute, and I was thoroughly captivated by their story. A must-read for anyone who loves romance!

Want More Polin Vibes? Add These Friends-to-Lovers Books to Your TBR

Felicity “Fizzy” Chen has an incredible career as a beloved romance novelist. But when she realizes she’s never actually been in love, she gets hit with a horrible case of writer’s block. Connor Prince loves his work as a documentary filmmaker, but when he’s tasked with creating a reality TV show, he is out of his element. A chance run-in lands Fizzy as Connor’s romantic lead, promising to show the queen of romance herself falling head-over-heels. But it turns out that Fizzy and Connor’s happily ever after might lie just behind the camera. If you liked that Colin loved Penelope for exactly who she was, then you’ll love Fizzy and Connor’s relationship.

I wasn’t sure if I would love this as much as I loved The Soulmate Equation, but I may have loved it EVEN MORE. Christina Lauren has such a special way of bringing their characters to life - they always feel so HUMAN. The humor was top notch as usual, the tension was incredible, and god I just LOVED Fizzy & Connor.

My favorite Christina Lauren to date! I love that they took the background of the Soulmate Equation and figured out how to make a spin off book. This was so enjoyable to read!

Thank you for allowing me to read this book. I enjoyed the characters and their arcs, and found the plot interesting. I look forward to reading more from this author.

Did I read this one before the first in the series? Yes I did! Did I know there was a book before this one? Yes I did! Did I forget? Yes I did!

I always forget which books to read and in what order so when I found the secondary characters mentioned a lot I said to myself hmmm they should have their own story! Turns out they do and I read it after.

Fizzy was wayyyyy too much for me. I did not find this book as funny as other Christina Lauren books and I did not enjoy the “chemistry” between the main characters. Not my favorite Christina Lauren. Maybe if I read it in order my feelings would be different?

Thank you to NetGalley and Gallery Books for my gifted copy in exchange for an honest review.

Christina and Lauren have given us another well thought out romance. Tears and laughter and wonderful character development. I really enjoyed the main character.

4.5 ⭐ / 2.5 🌶️

"Have you ever been slapped? By yourself? This feels like that."

THE TRUE LOVE EXPERIMENT just may be my new favorite CL read! It was sexy and cute, and there so many laugh out loud moments. I loved Fizzy and Connor!

"F*ck, he's perfect. This is awful."

We first met Fizzy in <i>The Soulmate Equation</i> as the best friend. Now this romance author is struggling with writer's block and she is hoping that joining a reality dating show is just the spark her muse needs. Connor is a sexy, single dad, and producer of the show, though he'd rather be doing anything than producing a mind-numbing reality show. But if he can pull this one off he may just get the documentary he wants.

Fizzy and Connor clash right away, but you can feel the simmering attraction between them. This is a intruding sort of rivalry to friends to lovers tale that kept me smiling throughout. If you're looking for your next cute and fun contemporary romance, you've found it!

"He is the stillness to my storm, the shadow to my bright sunlight, the Styles to my Harry."

✔️ look but don't touch
✔️ witty banter
✔️ lol moments
✔️ reality tv
✔️ the soulmate equation

This is Christina Lauren at their best! And I loved all the meta in regard to romance, tropes, and archetypes.

Diverse:
-Fizzy is Chinese-American.

It was beyond frustrating for me to read anything by CL anymore. They are retelling the same story that made the first book popular and fun and I couldn't even get into this one because of it.

I'm pretty sure I will no longer be reading these authors any longer.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book. First, I love Christina Lauren and have read multiple CL books and am a huge fan, This time I had a hard time connecting with the characters and the story. However, that is obviously on me and not the book. I recognize that it has great potential to appeal to other readers and I encourage others to try it out!

While Christina Lauren is truly a favorite of mine. This book did not live up to it for me. I just couldn't connect with the characters of this one like I did the first book.

Christina Lauren, again, hit this out of the park with chemistry and relatable characters. I love everything they write. They create characters who are so easy to like and root for that I get immersed in the story completely. This novel makes you want to believe in love, even after experiencing so much heartbreak in a lifetime. Fizzy is relatable and cheeky and truly one-of-a-kind, which makes her the perfect heroine for a romance novel, honestly! Enjoy!

I adored this book!

Fizzy, a famous author, is cast in The True Love Experiment to find her one love. Connor, her hot British producer, becomes more than a friend that she simply enjoys being with. Through various episodes, they find themselves having to hide from the truth.

In this follow up to The Soulmate Equation we get to step into the life and mind of a fan favorite character - Fizzy!

Fizzy was just as witty and hysterical in this book as she was in the first book. I loved that she didn’t shy away from her sexuality and the dating show plot was pretty entertaining. I’m not one for reality tv, but reading about it was totally fine! I’m happy that main characters from Soulmate Equation made appearances in this book as well. Definitely a library crowd favorite!

This was a quick read. I would say the FMC was quirky and the story had a cuteness to it. I wish it was a little longer. I would have loved to spend more time with the main characters together.